Fonzico shifts gears for the summer (pun intended)

Fonzico

Just now, Fonzico said:

I do hear what you're saying - I couldn't push myself the same way alone at home either. Our instructor just has this really calm, collected way of telling you what to do, that you feel like you MUST keep up, because you simply weren't provided with another option.

I really like my introvert way of working out by myself, but I may one day take a class for this very reason.

• Like 1

Wisdom 18   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Weekend summary:

Metrics: food was indeed fairly goddess like. +5pts/possible 6

Steps: Saturday was low - I had stuff that needed to get done that just didn't involve walking. I tried to make up for that and for the week on Sunday (+15,000!) But it was too little too late. I'm aiming not to fall so far behind in the week this time, as I'm learning the weekends can't always be mega catch-up days.

Biking: I found a loop near my house that is mostly on bike trails that is exactly as long as my round trip commute! I rode it once, so I did make up a little ground there. However, it's pretty flat, so I might have to keep looking for something just a little hillier.

So yeah. Interview today. I'm so stinking nervous. My presentation is ready but I just can't shake the fear that it's awful and I've totally missed the mark. Or that it's the most boringly vanilla thing ever and someone else is going to have some super clever and engaging. I did get new clothes though, which I find inspires some confidence. Fake it, baby, yeah!

• Like 3

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

YOU'VE GOT THIS!!!!!

Sent on dragon wing

• Like 1

Level 74 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

You  are intelligent and creative, I am sure that will show through in your interview, as well as the hard work you have put into your presentation. 

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

It will go well. Holding thumbs!

Thank you! But I'm not familiar with this phrase, is it like crossing fingers, I wonder?

YOU'VE GOT THIS!!!!!

Sent on dragon wing

Brad Pitt dancing gif

You  are intelligent and creative, I am sure that will show through in your interview, as well as the hard work you have put into your presentation. 

*Blushes* thanks, you're sweet!

Well, it's over. I think it went pretty well. It's so hard to tell though! Even if the presentation wasn't brilliant content wise, I feel confident that I at least delivered it well.

Honestly, I feel so much better now that it's done with. It's fine if I don't get it, my job right now is pretty great. And if I do, awesome, a new challenge to take on!

• Like 5

Level 20

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

7 hours ago, Hiroro said:

Happy your interview went well! 

himymtumblr_lrsiq5QLZY1qi6pe5_zps7043a9d

I saw you got me on the step challenge last weekend! Well done, sir (ma'am).

Pfft, I totally don't know how I beat you, I really didn't think I had a hope. It was close though! Marathon training must just wipe you for the rest of the time! lol

Level 20

Goal the First: Bike Commute!

I've been mostly bike commuting since the start of May, and probably averaging a little under 4x per week. The aim is to bike EVERY day that I work, although realistically weather and needing a car directly after work interfere on occasion. For the length of this challenge,I should be working on 18 days. I'm going to allow myself to make up for any missed days additional rides, evenings and weekends.

A = 18    B = 15    C = 12    D = 9   F = <9

+3 END

8/10 - B  missed a couple due to inclement weather and once because I slept in! But I made up a bit on the weekend. 

Goal the Second: Be Bendy and Strong!

My usual workout routine includes kettlebell classes, 2x per week. That will be wrapping up at the end of June, so I'm transitioning to a yoga-based workout schedule during this challenge. There's a $5 drop in "Yoga in the Park" that runs after work, 3x per week, weather permitting, and incidentally is right on my route home. Between both activities, I'm aiming for 2-3 workouts per week.

A = 10    B = 8   C = 6    D = 4  F = <4

+2 DEX, +2 STR, +2 INT

2 Kettlebell workouts B : At some point, I need to start adding in a third workout! I'm kind of a little behind now... but at least I got my two in.

Goal the Third: Walk a bunch!

It's time to resurrect the step goal. It's (generally) gorgeous out, it's light out late, and I have hour long lunches once again. The target is 70,000 steps per week. I'm hoping Hiroro is still up for our Weekend Step Challenges!?

A = 280,000    B = 255,000   C = 230,000   D = 205,000  F = <200,000

+2 END 

66,283/70,000 So CLOSE! But no cigar. 

Goal the Fourth: Eat so good.

The usual metrics - if I can actually follow this, I have wonderous success! The plan is designed for one YAYFOOD day per week, plus two misses on one of the items, which gives me a little wiggle room if I feel like I need more calories or carbs on a workout day... or just need some flexibility for no terribly good reason :)

Carbs >100g  Protein >80g Calories >1800Kcal

3pts per item per day, 16 points per week

A = 64    B = 56    C = 48    D = 40   F = <36

+1CON +2CHA

16/16 A!!!! OMFG I finally got an A in my diet goal! This.. this does not happen often. Especially on a non-first week! Go me! Scale is happy too, so yeah. This is the route to progress.

BONUS GOAL

I have a bad habit of ghosting from the forums in the middle of a challenge, so I'm adding a check-in goal:

6x per week:Comment on someone else's thread

3x per week:Update my own thread

A = 36    B = 30    C = 24    D = 18   F = <18

A: Crushed this goal again! Whoopa for participation!

Awesome week two! I am most assuredly falling behind on my biking goal however, so I need to exercise (pun intended) a little more discipline in that area. 

• Like 3

Level 20

Week Three Day One:

Whole lot of nothing going on here! I was just happy to survive the day with a giant rock in my stomach (aka nerves). 

Food was not great. I didn't bike, because of the interview and wanting my clothes to be extra non-wrinkly. Steps did not happen, because I kind of crashed after work. I did get to bed early though! Not a goal, but still a win there. 

Back to your regularly scheduled programing today. Except that I didn't bike AGAIN! I knocked something out of place in my back during the night.. so I brought my car so I could sneak off to the chiropractor's. I have done so, and it seems to be improving, but he recommended I not do kettlebells tonight...Booo. I will walk or bike instead though to shore up those goals!

• Like 1

Level 20

My Fitbit died at some point during the weekend and I didn't notice until partway through Sunday.

40 minutes ago, Fonzico said:

Goal the Fourth: Eat so good.

[...]

16/16 A!!!! OMFG I finally got an A in my diet goal! This.. this does not happen often. Especially on a non-first week! Go me! Scale is happy too, so yeah. This is the route to progress.

YES

Best-Fresh-Prince-Bel-Air-Dancing-GIFs.g

#1 #2 #3 #3.1 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #13.5 #14 #15 #16 # 17 #18 #19 #20 #21

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Level 18 Pixie Ranger

Way to go!!! I'm sure you crushed it :)

Sent on dragon wing

Level 74 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

21 hours ago, Hiroro said:

My Fitbit died at some point during the weekend and I didn't notice until partway through Sunday.

YES

Best-Fresh-Prince-Bel-Air-Dancing-GIFs.g

Um, yeah, I SO did not beat you then! I call for a rematch :) Cuz we wouldn't have anyways. 

20 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

You did really a lot, to have the numbers up so high. Nice going on the eating and NF comms/reporting/participation.

When will you here about the interview?

Thank you! They said they are hoping to have made a decision and alerted everyone interviewed by Thursday, so not too much waiting! We'll see. I think they were a little dismayed that I planned to keep my current job 50%, but if that's a deciding factor, so be it - I need full time hours!

6 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

Way to go!!! I'm sure you crushed it :)

Sent on dragon wing

Here's hoping! I think I generally interview pretty well, so I don't think I did myself a disservice there. Just depends on the competition now!

• Like 2

Level 20

Week Three Day Two:

Metrics: +3 pts Booyah, back on track!

Bike Commute: Didn't bike to work, but made up equal kms in the evening, so we're all good!

Workout: Skipped due to back issues, Feeling MUCH better today though, so I think it was a good call. 

Steps: 9800 - so close!

Check ins and Updates: Yes and yes

Operation regularly scheduled programming is off to a good start. I'm planning to go to Yoga in the Park tonight, assuming it isn't cancelled because of thunder storms. 

• Like 3

Level 20

Week Three Day Three:

Metrics: Technically over, but seriously I did SO much today I think it's okay. +1 pt I guess

Bike commute: totally happened

Workout: yoga in the park!

Steps: +12,000!!

Whew! So yeah. Yoga happened after work- it was just downpouring right up until it was supposed to start, then it cleared right off and the sun came out and it was gorgeous out! And it was awesome. I felt all kinds of creaky and weak and stiff since it's been way too long since I've done yoga, but it felt so good get back into it!

Then my long-distance bestie advised me she was in town... until tomorrow! She asked if i wanted to go for ice cream or a bike ride, so I suggested we do both! We went to the best I've cream place in town - it's kind of a local legend. The owners mage the ice cream themselves in their basement and it's to die for. Ice cream being my utter weakness I usually avoid entirely, but if you're going to have it, you might as well make it worth it, right? I had a small cup of cake batter flavor omfgsogood. We walked around while we ate, and then biked back home.

So not only did i crush my step goal, bike an extra 11km on top of my commute, but even with the ice cream, I was still only (well approximately, of course i don't have a perfect nutritional estimated for local ice cream) 17g over my carb goal, and just over 200 kcal over. I don't even feel a little bit bad, I both earned it and it was worth it!

And if I'd known we were going for ice cream, I totally wouldn't have had a drink when I got home, then it all would have been in line.

Anyways, it was a great day! And tomorrow is the last day of work before a long weekend (yeah, Canada Day!) So the awesome ball is just gonna keep rolling.

• Like 4

Level 20

Good job getting all that movement in and way to rock ice cream. Have fun on Canada Day (That's when you apologize to everything as you douse it all in Maple Syrup, right?)

• Like 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

On 6/29/2016 at 11:41 PM, Fonzico said:

if you're going to have it, you might as well make it worth it, right? I had a small cup of cake batter flavor omfgsogood

I salute your self-discipline!!!

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Good job getting all that movement in and way to rock ice cream. Have fun on Canada Day (That's when you apologize to everything as you douse it all in Maple Syrup, right?)

Basically! In reality, the hubs and I had a very relaxing day that included not interacting with anyone other than each other, playing some disc golf, eating, and video games. It was great!

I guess we can call last weekend a draw though it's really my own fault for falling down on the Fitbit charging front. 

Yoga and biking and ice cream sounds like a most wonderful summer day!

It was utterly perfect, highly recommended!

Ice cream and biking is the best combination ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truth.

I salute your self-discipline!!!

Pish! You wouldn't say that if you knew how the rest of my week went!

• Like 3

Level 20

This weekend was kind of crazy- it was a combo of insane amounts of activity combined with insane amounts of food...

Saturday I biked to my parents house and then went to the farmers market with my dad. Then I biked home, which more than caught me up on my biking for the challenge!

Then I did a ton of yard work, weeding and pruning. Cooked a good supper... and then proceeded to snack the evening away :( boo.

Sunday we played in a private disc golf tournament, on a ranch just outside of town. It was really cool! Exhausting though, SO much walking. And so many carbs.

Well, I'm finishing this week so strong! And that's that.

• Like 5

Level 20

Sounds like you were super active-maybe your body just needed the food.  Your weekend  sounds fun!

• Like 1