Fonzico shifts gears for the summer (pun intended)

Fonzico

2 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Sounds like you were super active-maybe your body just needed the food.  Your weekend  sounds fun!

I'd like to think that's true, but really I think it was an overcorrection. I'm feeling kind of bloaty and heavy right now, although I don't know for sure as I stayed away from the scale.

It was a great deal of fun though, I ultimately have no regrets!

I did NOT bike to work today. Mostly because I was so insanely tired this morning (have not recovered from the like 8 hours straight of walking yesterday yet). But it turned out to be a good choice, as it's nasty out - thunder storms and funnel clouds and possibly hail... not good biking weather. Tonight is going to be pretty chill, methinks. I'll get the grocery shopping done (Meal plan for the week is complete!) and do a little food prep and tidying and that's about it. 

• Like 3

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

Goal the First: Bike Commute!

I've been mostly bike commuting since the start of May, and probably averaging a little under 4x per week. The aim is to bike EVERY day that I work, although realistically weather and needing a car directly after work interfere on occasion. For the length of this challenge,I should be working on 18 days. I'm going to allow myself to make up for any missed days additional rides, evenings and weekends.

A = 18    B = 15    C = 12    D = 9   F = <9

+3 END

A+: Not only did I bike on all the days I was supposed to, I made up lots of extra kilometerage. WINWIN

Goal the Second: Be Bendy and Strong!

My usual workout routine includes kettlebell classes, 2x per week. That will be wrapping up at the end of June, so I'm transitioning to a yoga-based workout schedule during this challenge. There's a $5 drop in "Yoga in the Park" that runs after work, 3x per week, weather permitting, and incidentally is right on my route home. Between both activities, I'm aiming for 2-3 workouts per week.

A = 10    B = 8   C = 6    D = 4  F = <4

+2 DEX, +2 STR, +2 INT

D: Whoops. I went to yoga a total of once. It was awesome though! 

Goal the Third: Walk a bunch!

It's time to resurrect the step goal. It's (generally) gorgeous out, it's light out late, and I have hour long lunches once again. The target is 70,000 steps per week. I'm hoping Hiroro is still up for our Weekend Step Challenges!?

A = 280,000    B = 255,000   C = 230,000   D = 205,000  F = <200,000

+2 END 

A+: 82,282 - walking over 25,000 steps on Sunday definitely helped this one! I actually went into the week just BARELY below my goal-to-date, so that was an improvement too.

Goal the Fourth: Eat so good.

The usual metrics - if I can actually follow this, I have wonderous success! The plan is designed for one YAYFOOD day per week, plus two misses on one of the items, which gives me a little wiggle room if I feel like I need more calories or carbs on a workout day... or just need some flexibility for no terribly good reason :)

Carbs >100g  Protein >80g Calories >1800Kcal

3pts per item per day, 16 points per week

A = 64    B = 56    C = 48    D = 40   F = <36

+1CON +2CHA

F: 8 pts/16 Yeah. I ate truly well for like... one day. I just could not get off the YAYFOOD train! Not good. Back to basics with a solid meal plan and serious food prep this week. NO BUYING FOOD AT WORK! This right here will solve most of my problems. Evening snacking is the remainder. As usual. Geez. 

BONUS GOAL

I have a bad habit of ghosting from the forums in the middle of a challenge, so I'm adding a check-in goal:

6x per week:Comment on someone else's thread

3x per week:Update my own thread

A = 36    B = 30    C = 24    D = 18   F = <18

YAY! Good keeping up with myself and others. On track here :)

I felt like quite a scout here this week - I covered some serious distance! Which is a cool change of pace. I would be more okay with switching out some workouts for some moving through space if the food situation didn't totally disintegrate there. Yikes. But it's all good. Week Four is going to be awesome, straight A epicness. Mkay?

• Like 4

Level 20

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

9 minutes ago, Hiroro said:

You won this past weekend fair and square! I thought I had an active weekend, but you just blitzed on by, wow!

Bring on Week 4.

It was a good competition this weekend! Haha I really did walk an obnoxious amount - I got an over 25,000 in a day badge from Fitbit, so it was a personal record!

I DID bike to work today - a little out of it, but I did it.

• Like 2

Level 20

22 hours ago, Fonzico said:

Haha I really did walk an obnoxious awesome amount - I got an over 25,000 in a day badge from Fitbit, so it was a personal record!

FIFY. 

25k is the highest day badge I've gotten -- makes me want to try to get a 30k day. I really enjoy getting the 'lifetime distance' ones -- so far I've walked the length of India!

• Like 1

#1 #2 #3 #3.1 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #13.5 #14 #15 #16 # 17 #18 #19 #20 #21

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Level 18 Pixie Ranger

Ugh, I was super lazy and ate ALL the carbs yesterday. 

I fully admit that I'm feeling sorry for myself, and wallowing a bit. Firstly, my hubby's grandmother is in a coma, and not expected to live long. So he will be travelling to the East coast - probably without me - fairly soon here. I not only feel bad about him having to go and deal with everything without me, but I also hate being alone. 

Secondly, I did not get that job. Which I was okay with... until I found out that a girl I went to high school with got it! ARHSGSH. My ego is seriously damaged by losing out to a peer. I'm totally bitter and jealous about this. And then doubly annoyed with myself for being so affected. 

I need to snap out of this pity party mode - it's neither helpful nor enjoyable.

RELENTLESS OPTIMISM MODE ENGAGE!

I biked today, and yesterday. I have awesome food with me, and I'm going to eat a delicious dinner tonight and NOT EAT ALL THE SNACKS. And I love my current job, and my boss is awesome, and not getting this job is WAY less stress and ultimately everything is perfectly fine. 

• Like 2

Level 20

31 minutes ago, Fonzico said:

I biked today, and yesterday. I have awesome food with me, and I'm going to eat a delicious dinner tonight and NOT EAT ALL THE SNACKS. And I love my current job, and my boss is awesome, and not getting this job is WAY less stress and ultimately everything is perfectly fine. 

All works out for the best. You do love your job and do get along fine with your boss (you are SO lucky), and lock away the snacks.

happy-dance-calvin-and-hobbes.jpg

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Stormie Omartian

"A wife's prayers for her husband has a far greater effect on him than anyone else's, even his mother's."

That is the poo, but you're right: everything is ultimately fine.

Settle down on the actively trying to make it not-fine by saddling yourself with feeling like physical shit.

*Internet hugs*

Sent on dragon wing

• Like 1

Level 71 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

Sorry you're having such a crappy time. 

Here's a kitty gif.

cat_leg_crawl.gif?fb43fe

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

All works out for the best. You do love your job and do get along fine with your boss (you are SO lucky), and lock away the snacks.

happy-dance-calvin-and-hobbes.jpg

I AM really lucky, and I know this - I haven't always been so blessed. She doesn't micro manage, but she deals with the crappy stuff, and you can count on her to have your back, always. We joke often about how alike we are, it's almost creepy sometimes. And she keeps hinting that she's grooming me to take over for her... although I'm not at all confident I'd want her job!

That is the poo, but you're right: everything is ultimately fine.

Settle down on the actively trying to make it not-fine by saddling yourself with feeling like physical shit.

*Internet hugs*

Sent on dragon wing

Truths, as always. I'll do my best to follow your very good advice.

• Like 1

Level 20

Yesterday wasn't bad. Carbs were slightly high, but otherwise okay. It's hard to eat when you're sleeping. Which is my way of saying that I fell asleep on the couch after supper. It's possible that I was still at a sleep/rest deficit from the weekend! I woke up around 930 (yikes!), stayed up for a little over an hour, then went to bed. I had a little trouble falling asleep, but not as much as you might think given the circumstances.

Steps were abysmal however, and I'm falling behind on workouts. I am either doing kettlebells or some NF yoga tonight - hold me to it!

• Like 2

Level 20

I did the thing!

Kettlebells happened last night - not as long or intense as a class, but I did it.

100 swings (20 each of: two handed, one handed, overhead, high pulls and snatches)

Ladder of 5x:

Swings

Swing and catch

Swing, catch, squat

Swing catch squat press

And back down again

And 3 sets of:

5 clean and press per side

5 windmills per side

5 bent over rows per side

10 goblet squats

5 sumo squats with row

Everything was done with my 25# bell, except snatches and windmills.

Food was also good - carbs a teensy bit high, but calories and protein well within range.

And I biked! And got over 11000 steps!

Now to finish strong. DH left early this morning for New Brunswick, so I'm alone until Tuesday. I'm going to eat HELLA clean, be active, and get the house in order while he's gone.

• Like 5

Level 20

I felt super crappy today - my...erm...lower digestive system was very not happy. I left work at noon, and napped all afternoon. When I work up, I was famished but my stomach was still off the thought of meat made it turn. So my very late lunch was very carb heavy.

I started to feel better after that though. I had to out to my in-laws place and collect the eggs while they're gone, so I did that. Their garden is in desperate need of weeding - it looks like my FIL started to tackle it before he left, but there's still a lot to do. I figure I'll try to get it dealt with this weekend - make it nice to come home to. I got one row done while i was out there today - I'll take pics tomorrow.

I also raided the garden - the kale and chard are ridiculous right now. I thinned out the beets as well - they're practically non existent, but the greens will be good. Took a little parsley, romaine and green onions, as well as some strawberries.

Then to the grocery store to load up on awesome healthy food to get me through the next few days. Flank steak for salads, salmon patties, asparagus, green beans, cherries, avocados! I spoil myself.

Tomorrow I have a mission - I'm planning to go berry nicking. That's right, nicking. There's a house a few blocks away who have a giant raspberry patch, which is growing through their fence. It's just dripping with the most gorgeous berries (seriously, there's so many!) And they are clearly going to go to waste if no one picks them, they're untouched and starting to rot on the plant. So I'm going to help myself. Urban foraging, yo.

At some point, I need to get my bike from work too - I bused it home today, was definitely not feeling up for the ride.

And the lawn needs mowing ( I have yet to get the mower started on my own, but I'll try again)

And I need to collect eggs again and work on the weeding. It's going to be a busy weekend.

• Like 3

Level 20

Shame, hope your tummy is back to normal soon. That is sweet trying to clean up your in-laws' garden before they return. Enjoy the urban foraging. That happens a lot here with kids walking home. They stop at various fences where the fruit trees grow over the fences, then they help themselves. Most people don't mind.

• Like 2

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Stormie Omartian

"A wife's prayers for her husband has a far greater effect on him than anyone else's, even his mother's."

Sounds legit. Even as a Lawful Good Paladin I say if it's over the fence it's fair game. If people didn't like it they'd trim their bushes and trees better :D 

• Like 3

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

11 hours ago, Fonzico said:

I also raided the garden - the kale and chard are ridiculous right now. I thinned out the beets as well - they're practically non existent, but the greens will be good. Took a little parsley, romaine and green onions, as well as some strawberries.

Then to the grocery store to load up on awesome healthy food to get me through the next few days. Flank steak for salads, salmon patties, asparagus, green beans, cherries, avocados! I spoil myself.

Tomorrow I have a mission - I'm planning to go berry nicking. That's right, nicking. There's a house a few blocks away who have a giant raspberry patch, which is growing through their fence. It's just dripping with the most gorgeous berries (seriously, there's so many!) And they are clearly going to go to waste if no one picks them, they're untouched and starting to rot on the plant. So I'm going to help myself. Urban foraging, yo.

All that fresh food sounds amazing! I actually really love kale and chard in stew, because they soften but don't go slimy. People think I'm a health food nut but I sure as hell wouldn't bother with kale if I didn't like it.

Good on you for urban foraging, it'd be  shame if they went to waste.

• Like 1

2017: Year of the Epic Travel Adventure

Lycan Ranger | Level 13

Current challenge - Metallica Theme

Previous: 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Battle log/inspiration thread

What a nice surprise for your inlaws to have their garden weeded! Want to come to my house next? My poor veggie garden is looking very neglected..

• Like 1

Wisdom 15.5   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 14  Constitution-11

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

On 7/8/2016 at 10:36 PM, Fonzico said:

berry nicking. That's right, nicking.

Yeap, I figure if I don't get them before they fall, they are fair game .... and it helps reduce diseases in the long term.  So, you actually did a good deed.  

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

I've been mostly bike commuting since the start of May, and probably averaging a little under 4x per week. The aim is to bike EVERY day that I work, although realistically weather and needing a car directly after work interfere on occasion. For the length of this challenge,I should be working on 18 days. I'm going to allow myself to make up for any missed days additional rides, evenings and weekends.

+3 END

C+: 3.5 commutes complete, not quite there, but not bad. 

My usual workout routine includes kettlebell classes, 2x per week. That will be wrapping up at the end of June, so I'm transitioning to a yoga-based workout schedule during this challenge. There's a $5 drop in "Yoga in the Park" that runs after work, 3x per week, weather permitting, and incidentally is right on my route home. Between both activities, I'm aiming for 2-3 workouts per week.

+2 DEX, +2 STR, +2 INT

D: 1 At home kettlebell workout.. better than nothing! 

It's time to resurrect the step goal. It's (generally) gorgeous out, it's light out late, and I have hour long lunches once again. The target is 70,000 steps per week. I'm hoping Hiroro is still up for our Weekend Step Challenges!?

+2 END 

C+: 53,642 - terrible! I was a lazy bones.

The usual metrics - if I can actually follow this, I have wonderous success! The plan is designed for one YAYFOOD day per week, plus two misses on one of the items, which gives me a little wiggle room if I feel like I need more calories or carbs on a workout day... or just need some flexibility for no terribly good reason :)

+1CON +2CHA

C: 13 pts/16 pts - Hey, not bad! A couple off moments, but overall, reasonably solid.

BONUS GOAL

I have a bad habit of ghosting from the forums in the middle of a challenge, so I'm adding a check-in goal:

A:  Did good here.

Overall, a decently mediocre week - didn't totally bail on anything, but didn't ace anything either. Not the strong ending I was going for, but so much better than quitting!

• Like 1

Level 20

Looks like now you know that KB classes work better for you than at home. Looks like you were able to get in a good amount of cycling and did good on the food too. And yay for not ghosting on the forums!

• Like 1

Wisdom 15.5   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 14  Constitution-11

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

2 hours ago, Fonzico said:

Overall, a decently mediocre week - didn't totally bail on anything, but didn't ace anything either. Not the strong ending I was going for, but so much better than quitting!

Anything is better than quitting, and you not only didn't quit, you still got a passing grade. Well done.

• Like 2

Challenge wrap up!

+3 END

B= 16.5 / 18 Hey! Not bad! I did a lot of make up in week two/three that helped with the days I skipped. Now if it would just stop raining, I could get back to it.

+2 DEX, +2 STR, +2 INT

C: 6 workouts Ehhhhh not great. Once kettlebell classes were done, I kind of dropped the ball on this one. Boo! I need to get into a new routine in this challenge.

+2 END 

A+: 284,731: Whoopa! So much walking.

+1CON +2CHA

C: 49/64: Middling grade. But honestly, this represents improvement. Actually sticking with my tracking and making a real attempt to meet my goals for the WHOLE challenge was effective! I AM going to do even better with this goal next challenge. It works!

BONUS GOAL

A+: This was a great goal to have, and it totally worked! I am going to make it a repeat for sure - not only was I a better follower along than usual, but I did my own updates as well, which kept me accountable. I actually kind of changed my goal to 10 comments on others threads half way through, and I only missed this new goal by 1! I wish I could follow more people, but the quality of my support really declines when i try to keep up with too many, so I'm sorry for that. But still, I would declare this a huge success. 

This was a good challenge. Maybe not excellent, but you know what? Consistent, middling effort will win in the long run over short bursts of perfection. 

Aaaaaaaaand - I LOST 3 LBS! Doesn't sound like a lot, but this is mega progress for me! So happy. And inspired to keep it going.

• Like 4

Level 20