• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bouncer_the_Lovable

Lookin for a buddy, Need a bit of help for staying active.

Hiya, calling out if anyone is interested on figuring out a "fun" way to make 6 days of working out more fun. I'm training for a Warrior Dash that is on July 23rd. The heat and a bit of anxiety is making things a bit difficult after almost 2 solid months of training. I don't have anyone in the real world to help keep me going (that I've found yet).

So yeah open to any ideas and friends to get this started for June/July challenge. My main workout routine was 3 days of strength training & 3 days of walking long distance (in vibrams...). With stretching being a huge part of cooling down for both exercises.

My main goals is to get my endurance/stamina up for getting through the 5k, strength (especially upper body) to help get me through the obstacles, and just well roundness of keeping at it. I have upper body spasms with upper body weakness that has leaded me to have a goal for getting to at least a pushup ( been working on incline pushups on a squat rack because I can't even maintain it in modified position).

Also open to nutrition if anyone wants to add that in, my main goal is to try to eat the healthiest way I can (and eat) while on a low income budget.

• Like 2

Your goals of 3 days weight training and 3 days walking sounds similar to my goals.  I think for me, knowing we were on the same schedule would be a motivator for me! Would be interested!

I am also eating very clean.  Nothing processed.  What are your thoughts?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jmk said:

Your goals of 3 days weight training and 3 days walking sounds similar to my goals.  I think for me, knowing we were on the same schedule would be a motivator for me! Would be interested!

I am also eating very clean.  Nothing processed.  What are your thoughts?

On 6/13/2016 at 11:50 AM, KnitJoy said:

I am also doing that particular Warrior Dash! Not sure how to make things more "fun" but would be glad to be a buddy!

Yay! Haha, exactly how I feel.  I got through the first 2 months of training by myself, fell off the wagon, and would just love others (and a plus if its similar).

I haven't gone for a workout or a long walk, in I don't know how many days. Tonight, getting to go now.

I guess to me at this point to make it fun, it would be cool to figure out a type of point score or something similar on how to get straight to our goals. I will go look at the other buddy challenges (along with your guys' challenges for ideas).

• Like 1

At least for fun (points) I have an account on HabitRpg and I've made my quest goals into habits that I am developing. The thing I like about it is, the game automatically rewards me with gold that I can use towards their items or towards rewards I've decided on (like a Mario kart workout shirt!)

That's cool you are able to make that work for you. I made a chart of all my rewards so far in a notebook of graph paper (just filling the first page right now). Making it a goal to hit at least 3 goals daily, to get  a point for the day. Which I'm putting toward a manga that I really enjoy.

• Like 1