Hello! New and looking for support

Hello from Minnesota!

I'm 25, 220lbs and love fantasy, sci-fi, writing, Dungeons & Dragons, and many other things. Gamer name for almost all things I play is Altamarie.

When I was in high school I got very tall so I was a very skinny kid until puberty hit. After that I gained a ton of weight and have been struggling to get down to a lower weight. About that time I was diagnoses with PCOS and told that it is probably the main reason I gained weight (especially since I was still very active in theater and dance) and had problems keeping it off. Every since them how I view myself has gone down hill which hasn’t helped my eating habits at all. Especially now that I have been thinking about having a family and there is a chance that I may not be able too.

My husband and I bought a house about 8 months ago and moved with our two pugs. Ever since then I have been trying to cook more at home and do more things outside like starting a vegetable garden. But I need help and support from more than just my Husband or I tend to find myself slipping back to my old and unhealthy habits (particularly in the food department).

This last week my husband and I had a conversation about getting healthy and I told him we should join the rebellion and so here I am. I aim to be a healthy eater and lose weight as well as begin my writing again. I am very excited to start leveling up.

I was/ am getting back into being fiction writer. I have been published before in some anthologies but then stopped writing all together and am now working back up to it.

I grew up with a sister and a brother and a Nintendo 64. Later I moved on to computer games, SIMS mainly since I wasn’t allowed to play WoW. College is when I started to play DnD and after that WoW and then Rift (it’s how my husband and I kept our distance relationship together.)

I still game but am currently not hard core playing anything consistently at the moment. 

I am also getting back into reading which I used to do every day.

Gaming History: (Favorites)

Paper Mario, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Sims, World of Warcraft, Rift, Civilization V, Portal, Portal 2, any of the Tales of Games, and Majora’s Mask

Lever 1 with no Class – Start:

Fitness: Very basic. Gardening and the occasional walk, I used to do work out videos but never kept the motivation up to continue.

I used to play sports and I miss all the activity so am looking forward to getting back out there. 

Nutrition: Things I need to work on here:

Stop Soda drinking

Eat homemade food more

Bring lunches to work

When I do cook I cook healthy, I just need to actually cook consistently.

Current Goals

- Lose 50lbs

- Stop drinking soda (decrease slowly over time)

- Be more active

- Write Everyday

- Homemade meals at least 4 times a week

- No take out for lunch

Question:

Any women out there with PCOS have you found anything that helps with the weight loss more or less?

My Character ~~ My Log ~~ Formerly Kelley Gammell

Weclome!  Keep in mind, everyone goes about this stuff differently.  Plenty of approaches work, which is why you can find such contrasting, impassioned perspectives on the internet.  Probably the biggest thing to focus on is consistency in whatever you choose to do.  The specifics of that can and will change over time - we're all tinkering with our game plans.

Ultimately, losing fat and keeping it off is about will power.  It took me a couple years to find the right combination of food and exercise that make it bearable enough to stay fit while living life.

Welcome! Good luck with that vegetable garden, that sounds like fun! What kind of plants are you growing?

Pugs are so cute. And you have two! I'm jealous.

I wish you good luck with everything else too. I'm super new here, so I don't really have any advice yet. I will say that if you meet any geese while out on your walks, stay away.

“Do you know where the wicked go after death?"
"They go to hell," was my ready and orthodox answer.
"And what is hell? Can you tell me that?"
"A pit full of fire."
"And should you like to fall into that pit, and to be burning there for ever?"
"No, sir."
"What must you do to avoid it?"
I deliberated a moment: my answer, when it did come was objectionable: "I must keep in good health and not die.”
Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre

Nerd Fitness Character - Bronte Battle Bog

43 minutes ago, Jane Eyre Is My Patronus said:

Good luck with that vegetable garden, that sounds like fun! What kind of plants are you growing?

Pugs are so cute. And you have two! I'm jealous.

I am growing many things! Potatoes, onions, tomatoes, peppers (both of the bell and snack variety), chives, and garlic. It is actually doing quiet well. I am going to have massive amounts of potatoes i think. ( they are everything on the right side). Onions and garlic are in the middle, peppers in the front, and tomatoes just sprouting on the left.

My profile pictures is of my pugs. They are adorable and snuffly.

2 minutes ago, Kelley Gammell said:

I am growing many things! Potatoes, onions, tomatoes, peppers (both of the bell and snack variety), chives, and garlic. It is actually doing quiet well. I am going to have massive amounts of potatoes i think. ( they are everything on the right side). Onions and garlic are in the middle, peppers in the front, and tomatoes just sprouting on the left.

My profile pictures is of my pugs. They are adorable and snuffly.

They are so so so cute!

Potatoes are good things to have. I really like potatoes. Garlic is another good thing to have. I'm trying to convince my mom she should grow some, but she doesn't know how much light it needs.

“Do you know where the wicked go after death?"
"They go to hell," was my ready and orthodox answer.
"And what is hell? Can you tell me that?"
"A pit full of fire."
"And should you like to fall into that pit, and to be burning there for ever?"
"No, sir."
"What must you do to avoid it?"
I deliberated a moment: my answer, when it did come was objectionable: "I must keep in good health and not die.”
Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre

Nerd Fitness Character - Bronte Battle Bog

6 minutes ago, Jane Eyre Is My Patronus said:

They are so so so cute!

Potatoes are good things to have. I really like potatoes. Garlic is another good thing to have. I'm trying to convince my mom she should grow some, but she doesn't know how much light it needs.

Thank you!

Garlic if I remember right is a full sun plant so it needs 6 hours or so of sunlight :)