• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Heather

Heather's Journal

March 13 - Was a good day over all. Baseball game for my son, pedicure with my daughter, date night with hubby.

Eating:

Bad day.. went off plan tonight at dinner, but Kyle and I went to "Movie Tavern" for date night. I expected the menu to have a bit better options and didn't go completely prepared. Morning and afternoon were fine. Dinner was a grilled chicken sandwich (no condiments, took off the cheese) and a side salad (took my own low cal dressing - Trader Joe's Parmesan Ranch... so yummy and only 30 calories per 2 TBSP serving) that was all still relatively on plan except for the white bread. But the pile of french fries that I nibbled on while watching Alice in Wonderland was not the best choice :P

Exercise:

None today unless you count the cheering and dancing I did at my 6 year olds first baseball game of the season. He was such a superstar today, even got the game ball :)

March 14

Eating:

On plan

Exercise:

Did two sets of 15 reps of the following:

Standing Low Back Extension - 50lbs resistance

Seated Lat Rows - 50lbs resistance

Bicep Curls 10lb dumbbells

Tricep Pushdown - 25lbs resistance

Seated Abdominal Crunch - 35lbs resistance

Crossover Rear Deltoid Rows - 30lbs resistance

Bench Press - 50lbs resistance

Lunges - 5lb dumbbell in each hand

March 15

Eating:

On plan, 80oz of water today instead of my typical 64 and shorted myself one fruit and one starch on a self-imposed "water flush" and "omit" because of my bad eating on Saturday. These are things they had me do in previous weeks through QWLC so we'll see how it goes. Weigh in tomorrow.

Exercise:

Gonna try to stick to this plan for the next two weeks.. MWF. Increasing resistance as I feel I can.

Did two sets of 15 reps of the following, mostly on the bowflex:

March 16 -

Eating on plan.

Exercise - rest day

Weigh in today had me dead even. So.. so far I'm only down 2.25lbs from the start of this challenge and it looks like I won't meet my 10lbs for the month. I'm okay with that though (doesn't mean that I'm going to stop working for it). It's still coming off, I'm eating healthier, sticking with some sort of exercise thing three times a week and I'm feeling motivated. So it's all good :)

I realized as I was going to bed last night that it was Wednesday. That was a planned exercise day :( So I made up for it today instead. Will probably do Saturday now instead of Friday though. Then the intent would be to get back on the MWF schedule. However, my daughter's 3-day fifth grade trip is the beginning of next week and I'm a chaperone. I'm going to try to get in some of the basics.. sit ups, pushups, jumping jacks can be done anywhere... but the eating plan is going to prove to be difficult I'm sure. They do dining room style meals. Full buffet style setup for all three meals. Just gotta make sure I'm choosing healthier options and watching my portion sizes.

March 18 -

Eating on Plan

Exercise same as bowflex routine up above

Realized that today is still part of the third week so I got my third set of exercise in.. yay!

Headed off to St Simons Island for the next three days, buffet style food provided three times a day. I've got my will power and exercise clothes packed. We'll see if I use one or both or neither.. eep! :)

March 21

Eating:

On plan - Ate at Evo's today based on Charles' recommendation. Had never heard of this place before and it is relatively close. It was really yummy! Had a salad with chicken that was really good. My husband and daughter tried the steakburger and the hot dog and liked them (the hot dog more than the burger) and my son was crazy about the chicken. The shakes and fries were also a hit. Thanks for the shout out on this place, definitely some place we'll go to again.

Exercise:

I grew up on St. Simons! If you want your exercise, rent a bike. The entire island is covered in bike paths. I used to ride at 20 miles a day. It's pretty flat and really pretty. Great way to see the island. Depending on the tide, you can also just go up and down the beaches.

Would have loved to have been able to rent a bike, but I was there as a chaperone for my daughters 5th grade trip to the Driftwood Education Center. We ended up with our days planned out for us from pre-dawn till lights out at 10pm. Eating was horrible, structured exercise was non-existent. I kept my portions low, but as all the food was prepared for us my selection was limited and so I was way off my typical plan. Did enjoy a nice four mile walk around Cumberland Island though on one of our days, that was a very fun adventure.

Back on track tomorrow, weigh in on Friday. We'll see then how much this little detour will have set me back.

March 25

Ate on track, no exercise. Apparently I've decided to leave my three days of structured exercise to the very end of the week. Motivation was lacking today :(

March 26

Ate on track.

15 minute jog on the treadmill

Tricep Pushdown - 30lbs resistance

Crossover Rear Deltoid Rows - 35lbs resistance

Lunges - 8lb dumbbell in each hand

Only two more days on this challenge huh? I got no where near my weight loss goal :(

March 27 - exactly like March 26th :)

Ate on track.

15 minute jog on the treadmill

Tricep Pushdown - 30lbs resistance

Crossover Rear Deltoid Rows - 35lbs resistance

Lunges - 8lb dumbbell in each hand

Starting Stats: Ending Stats

Height: 5'10" Same, go figure

Weight: 162.25lbs 157.0lbs

Measurements-

Waist - 31" 31"

Hips - 42" 41"

28 day goals:

1) Update everyday -- Done! (except for three days without internet access

2) Lose 10lbs -- Lost 5.25

3) Exercise at least 3x a week for at least 30 minutes -- Done!

4) Lose at least an inch off my hip measurement -- Done!! :)

Before and After Pics - I don't see much of a difference here.. but we'll see in another month if I do then...

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Congrats Heather, you can definitely see a change in your hips in the straight on pic, and your stomach in the side view pic.

Well done, and way to stick with it!

-Steve

Sign in to follow this