Annyshay joins Team Avatar

14 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

It seems you are having your quiet time everyday, and eating looks good. I don't know what the NF level 1 plan is unfortunately but veggies and water is always good.

I take quiet time in the morning with prayer and my Bible.  It's an excellent time.

NF level 1 is from the Academy and is basically where you track your food for a few weeks.  No other specific changes, just trying to develop awareness.  I am trying to stick to fairly good primal nutrition, but not stressing about it.  I've already found my portions getting reasonable and my variances less frequent.

I was supposed to have swing dance again tonight, but I am just sooooooo wiped out from my Mom visiting and everything.  I'm going to be kind to myself and allow some more space to rest and recover.

Oh!  This morning, I did the bodyweight 1A circuit from the Academy because I woke up early.  Basically three circuits of squats, wall push-ups, and doorway rows followed by three farmer's carries for 30 seconds.  Short and sweet!

• Like 5
7 hours ago, annyshay said:

Oh!  This morning, I did the bodyweight 1A circuit from the Academy because I woke up early.  Basically three circuits of squats, wall push-ups, and doorway rows followed by three farmer's carries for 30 seconds.  Short and sweet!

Nice!

• Like 1
17 hours ago, annyshay said:

I take quiet time in the morning with prayer and my Bible.  It's an excellent time.

NF level 1 is from the Academy and is basically where you track your food for a few weeks.  No other specific changes, just trying to develop awareness.  I am trying to stick to fairly good primal nutrition, but not stressing about it.  I've already found my portions getting reasonable and my variances less frequent.

I was supposed to have swing dance again tonight, but I am just sooooooo wiped out from my Mom visiting and everything.  I'm going to be kind to myself and allow some more space to rest and recover.

Good job at listening to your body and giving yourself rest time. your life is so busy, you really need it. I love farmer walks!

• Like 1

Week 2 Day 4

Aang

- Screens off at 9:00pm

- Quiet time happened

- Headspace - 20 minutes + 10 minutes of "sleeping"

Katara

- alphabet tracing

Toph

- 6 cups of water

- 7 servings of veggies

- tracked in MFP

Zuko

- Steps: 4,446

Week 2 Day 5

Aang

- Quiet time happened

- Headspace - 20 minutes 

Katara

- alphabet tracing

Toph

- 1 cup of water

- 5 servings of veggies

- tracked in MFP

Zuko

- Steps: 4,504

I have been laying off the walking since one of the tendons on the inside of my right foot is still grouchy.  Grrrr.  Tracking food is going well... I am still eating more sweets and stuff than I would like, but it's at least within reason.  No need to be perfect immediately. ;)  My headspace continues to be challenging... sort of sad and numb?  It's annoying frankly, but I'm trying to accept it and just keep doing what I know is good for me.  Last night I watched Penelope which is my favorite Rom Com.  Not sure what to do with my weekend, other than lots of relaxing.  Open to suggestions, oh wise nerds.  *hugs*

• Like 2
On 6/22/2016 at 7:16 PM, annyshay said:

I need both of these!  Getting back to using MFP for tracking would be a good thing and not stressing about what I eat would be an even gooder thing.  Down and dirty workouts would also be helpful.  

I like that you chose to respawn a portion of your challenge but not the whole thing.  Smart! 

31311096.jpg

• Like 2
On 23/6/2016 at 1:16 AM, annyshay said:

But... but... swing is fun...

• Like 1
On 6/24/2016 at 2:07 PM, Lightning said:

I need both of these!  Getting back to using MFP for tracking would be a good thing and not stressing about what I eat would be an even gooder thing.  Down and dirty workouts would also be helpful.  

I like that you chose to respawn a portion of your challenge but not the whole thing.  Smart! 

31311096.jpg

Respawn buddy!!!

Also, love this meme I do.

On 6/24/2016 at 3:12 PM, elizevdmerwe said:

Need I say more????

Yes ma'am.  Cleaning and respawning are relaxing, right? ;)

8 hours ago, zenLara said:

But... but... swing is fun...

And will happen again VERY soon.  Rest was very needed. :)

• Like 2

Cross-posted from my battle log:

Spoiler

I didn't realize it until today, but on 6/20/2016 I truly respawned. I started tracking my calories again in MFP. Today, I've read a bunch of articles and cleaned my apartment while listening to a spotify playlist made of fantasy soundtracks. I just wrote my BIG WHY in the front of a new notebook. I un-clicked all the quests in the Academy that I have not accomplished since this respawn date and immediately went from level 12 to level 3. In case it isn't clear - this is serious. I'm ALL IN!

• Like 6
6 hours ago, annyshay said:

Cross-posted from my battle log:

Hide contents

I didn't realize it until today, but on 6/20/2016 I truly respawned. I started tracking my calories again in MFP. Today, I've read a bunch of articles and cleaned my apartment while listening to a spotify playlist made of fantasy soundtracks. I just wrote my BIG WHY in the front of a new notebook. I un-clicked all the quests in the Academy that I have not accomplished since this respawn date and immediately went from level 12 to level 3. In case it isn't clear - this is serious. I'm ALL IN!

That is awesome!

• Like 1
14 hours ago, zenLara said:

Excellent!

7 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

That is awesome!

6 hours ago, Cataleya said:

Great show, great challenge. Great progress!

5 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

That's my Girl! :love_heart:

Thanks, ladies! My mind is back in the game. It's grrrrrrrreat. My former roommate was "blaming" the fantasy playlist I was listening to yesterday, and maybe she's right. I'm a hobbit, after all. I may have a LONG way to go, but the only way to make it is to get moving forward. Slow and steady... with my fellowship of rebel nerds and some sweet tunes. ;)  After all, Gandalf says it best...

inspired-quotes-35.jpg?quality=85&strip=

Or, in keeping with my current theme...

Quote+5+--5+Great+Uncle+Iroh+Quotes+-+on

• Like 7

Week 2 Day 6

Aang

- Screens off at 10:00pm  :/

- Quiet time happened

- Headspace - 20 minutes

Katara

- alphabet tracing

Toph

- 4 cups of water

- 5 servings of veggies

- tracked in MFP

Zuko

- Steps: 5,838

Week 2 Day 7

Aang

- Screens off at 8:40pm

- Quiet time happened

- Headspace - 20 minutes

Katara

- alphabet tracing

- Love Yourself yoga

Toph

- 4 cups of water

- 2 servings of veggies

- tracked in MFP

Zuko

- Steps: 6,025

• Like 4

Another cross-post from my battle log

Spoiler

Took my photographs and measurements this morning. Photographs are staying on my iPad, but... I had positive thoughts about my body when I saw myself in the window. In fact, I thought to myself "I bet I'd look hot in a bikini". I meant now, not in the future. What? I weigh more than I have in years. My body fat is higher as well. This just solidifies the fact that I have made great strides in the rebellion and that I am ready to seriously change my relationship with my body and mind. *goosebumps*

Weight - 205.3 pounds

Body Fat % by Caliper - 38%

Arm - 16.5"

Chest - 43"

Bra Band - 35"

Waist - 41"

Hips - 45"

Thigh - 28"

Also, these quests bring me up to LEVEL 4. This will unlock new loot - Kushiel's Dart. I love this book and want a paper copy to read at the beach in two weeks. :D

• Like 5

WEEK 2 UPDATE

Aang = B

- Sleep - only got my screens off before 8:30 once this week. New priority!!!

- Quiet time - every morning

- Headspace - 20 minutes daily, plus "sleeping" twice

Katara = B

- alphabet tracing most mornings

- Love Yourself yoga twice

Toph = A

- tracked in MFP!!!

- much water and many veggies were consumed

Zuko = C

- Steps: Su- 4,293, M- 3,434, Tu- 6,683, W- 4,446, Th- 4,504, F- 5,838, Sa- 6,025

- Total Steps: 35,223

• Like 4
18 hours ago, annyshay said:

Another cross-post from my battle log

Hide contents

Took my photographs and measurements this morning. Photographs are staying on my iPad, but... I had positive thoughts about my body when I saw myself in the window. In fact, I thought to myself "I bet I'd look hot in a bikini". I meant now, not in the future. What? I weigh more than I have in years. My body fat is higher as well. This just solidifies the fact that I have made great strides in the rebellion and that I am ready to seriously change my relationship with my body and mind. *goosebumps*

Weight - 205.3 pounds

Body Fat % by Caliper - 38%

Arm - 16.5"

Chest - 43"

Bra Band - 35"

Waist - 41"

Hips - 45"

Thigh - 28"

Also, these quests bring me up to LEVEL 4. This will unlock new loot - Kushiel's Dart. I love this book and want a paper copy to read at the beach in two weeks. :D

You have improved in leaps and bounds. Let those positive thoughts grow, dear Lady. I hope to be next to you every step of the way.

• Like 1
On 6/27/2016 at 2:13 PM, karinajean said:

YAY FOR RESPAWN!

TRIPLE YAY FOR LOVING YOUR BODY!

and yay for new loot, I love the world in those books, too.

I love everything about those books... to the point I've only read the first trilogy so far.  I don't ever want it to stop. :) Oh, and thanks!

On 6/27/2016 at 1:33 AM, elizevdmerwe said:

You have improved in leaps and bounds. Let those positive thoughts grow, dear Lady. I hope to be next to you every step of the way.

I'll hold you to it, Ranger!

• Like 1

Lack of posting does not always correlate with lack of awesome. Sometimes it just means I've been too busy rocking my respawn to post. :o

Week 3 Day 1

Aang

- Quiet time happened

- Headspace - 20 minutes + "sleeping"

Katara

- alphabet tracing

- Moon salutations

Toph

- 6 cups of water

- 6 servings of veggies

- tracked in MFP

Zuko

- Steps: 10,606

Week 3 Day 2

Aang

- Screens off at 9:05pm (video game is so addictive!)

- Quiet time happened

- Headspace - 20 minutes

Katara

- alphabet tracing

Toph

- 5 cups of water

- 8 servings of veggies (?!?!?!)

- tracked in MFP

Zuko

- Steps: 8,836

Week 3 Day 3

Aang

- Screens off at 8:33

- Quiet time happened

- Headspace - 20 minutes

Katara

- alphabet tracing

Toph

- 6 cups of water

- 7 servings of veggies

- tracked in MFP

Zuko

- Steps: 9,521

• Like 3

So, things have been going very well. I did some crazy food prep on Sunday night and have been rocking quick cooking for my meals. When I say crazy food prep, I mean I still have forearm DOMS on my right from chopping all the veggies. It's clearly paying off though. Chopped veggies are much easier to throw into everything. :) After measurements on Sunday, my goals in MFP adjusted and it's been easier to get closer to my calorie goals. I'm eating a lot of fruit, but whatever... it's summer and everything is so fresh and delicious!

I still need to get on top of my sleep hygiene a bit, but it's improving. I'm not going to tell you guys the name of the addictive defend the tower game I have on my iPad. It's super hard to put it down! You're welcome. Otherwise my headspace is good, and I'm resting enough to let my energy come back. Maybe taking care of myself actually helps me to heal and recover? Naw, that'd be crazy. *headdesk*

I've been going on walks each day and making sure to give my grumpy feet some nice alphabet stretches every morning. Basically, life is good. :D

• Like 6