• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

annyshay

Annyshay joins Team Avatar

4 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

We just normally grill marshmallows over a fire using either long sticks or fondue forks. I know you need biscuits to make smores, but do you then just squish the hot mallow between the biscuits?

S'mores, roughly:

1) Toast/grill marshmallows over a fire on a long pointy thing.

2) Break graham cracker in half.

3) Place chocolate on one side of graham cracker.

4) Use other half of graham cracker to remove toasted marshmallows from pointy thing onto the graham cracker with the chocolate.

5) Squish.

6) Enjoy!

Or, have an infographic...

Smores-Infographic.jpg

This is actually a thing that should be included in your boys education about America. I bet current cowboys LOVE them. ;) I disagree with bottom half of this from the "party maker" onwards. All other methods of preparation are rough approximations of the original.

• Like 5

Week 4 Day 1

Aang

- Screens off at 8:55pm

- no iPad in bedroom

- Quiet time happened

- Headspace - 20 minutes

Katara

- alphabet tracing

Toph

- 7 cups of water

- 5 servings of veggies

- tracked in MFP

Zuko

- Steps: 7,392

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Lightning said:

Catching up on all the greatness.  The BBQ sounds lovely and s'mores are the best way to eat a marshmallow!

I think you were on to something when you mentioned weekly averages.  I think looking at the whole week is a much better way to see if you are developing a good habit or continually succumbing to a "bad" one.  And it's nice to know that if you have an off day you can do a little extra the next day to get back on track.

I am definitely benefiting from taking a more long-term, progress oriented approach. I think looking at weeks helps me to do that. Keeps my inner perfectionist at bay.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, annyshay said:

S'mores, roughly:

1) Toast/grill marshmallows over a fire on a long pointy thing.

2) Break graham cracker in half.

3) Place chocolate on one side of graham cracker.

4) Use other half of graham cracker to remove toasted marshmallows from pointy thing onto the graham cracker with the chocolate.

5) Squish.

6) Enjoy!

Or, have an infographic...

This is actually a thing that should be included in your boys education about America. I bet current cowboys LOVE them. ;) I disagree with bottom half of this from the "party maker" onwards. All other methods of preparation are rough approximations of the original.

Thank you. Will Google Graham crackers as we don't have something with that name. We braai (BBQ) every Sunday (hubby's way of cooking) so I'll try to include it for this weekend. I think you are right with regards to cowboys. It seems if there is any kind of food prepared over a fire, it will be on the cowboy food list :P

• Like 4

12 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Thanks will do. I couldn't figure out whether its a savoury, bland or sweet biscuit, and will probably have to get some gluten-free kind for myself. And chocolates! :P

Sweet... ish?

• Like 2

Week 4 Day 2

Aang

- Screens off at 8:39pm

- no iPad in bedroom

- Quiet time happened

- Headspace - 20 minutes

Katara

- alphabet tracing

Toph

- 6 cups of water

- 6 servings of veggies

- tracked in MFP

Zuko

- Steps: 7,979

• Like 4

One year we were camping, and it was raining. We had smore makings and wanted to make some. We had my parents RV, so we decided to do them in the microwave. And we learned that if you leave them in the microwave for too long, the marshmallows will grow enormous and then explode.:D Not what we planned, but I think we made a memory for our son.:)

Starting week 4 strong-keep at it!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

And we learned that if you leave them in the microwave for too long, the marshmallows will grow enormous and then explode.:D 

Is it bad that monkey brain says oooh new science experiment? :D Adulting brain says terrible idea. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Is it bad that monkey brain says oooh new science experiment? :D Adulting brain says terrible idea. 

Fun to watch. The clean up-not so much fun.:)

• Like 3

Hi guys! Everything's good. Nobody panic! I was just enjoying awesome beach vacation with friends from middle school on Hilton Head Island. :DWe ate and drank with abandon. It was glorious. I've been back since Wednesday and right back into excellent choices. Also, OMG Pokemon Go!!!! So good! I could spend a bunch of time summing up this challenge, but I think what I'll do is report in my battle log and then head over to the new challenge!!! (I can probably cross post here once I get organized... don't worry...)

Also, I love that a long s'mores discussion ended in science experiments and exploding marshmallows in my thread. ;)

OTlHcQ7.jpg

I'll catch up with you guys soon. Life is returning to something approaching "normal" for me. Vacation was amazing. My current rotation is great. I'm feeling good and ready to kick some more butt! Hope the same is true for you, my lovelies!

• Like 3

Week 4 WRAP UP

Aang = B

- Sleep - off before 9pm for 3 nights... then everything changed on vacation ;)

- Quiet time - 3/7

- Headspace - 20 minutes 5/7 days

Katara = C+

- alphabet tracing probably ~3 days

- swimming and playing in the ocean should count, I think

Toph = C+

- tracked in MFP for 3 days, then just enjoyed

- 5 cups of water every day (pretty sure I maintained these on vacation though tracking not so much)

- 5 servings of veggies every day (pretty sure I maintained these on vacation though tracking not so much)

Zuko = B

- Steps: Su- 7,392, M- 7,979, Tu- 5,914, W- 5,291, Th- 5,629, F- 3,244, Sa- 8,883

- Total Steps: 44,332

• Like 3

CHALLENGE WRAP UP!!!

Aang - A, B, A, B = A-

Katara - C+, B, B, C+ = B-

Toph - C+, A, A, C+ = B

Zuko - A, C, B, B = B

SO, for this challenge... I get a B.

Successful challenge = LOOT. I bought a new kindle on prime day because my old one broke during our camping trip to Utah. Excellent :D

Not my most consistent effort in the world, but I managed an excellent respawn and enjoyed some serious beach vacation. My headspace is much better than at the start of this challenge. I feel like I'm getting my feet under me again... which leads me to my next theme...

Annyshay Has Hobbit Feet!!!

• Like 4