• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

miss_marissa

Miss Marissa cures her case of f&*!arounditis

2 hours ago, ~RedStone~ said:

Here for the Marissa hotness! May it be bulk or cut...

Thirded. Interesting to see how many of these food/weight challenges look after 4 weeks! Kinda having that birds of a feather feeling! :)

• Like 4

Nerding out over that scan *shiny data*.

As many have said, you can make great progress by maintaining... but it sounds like you're asking when you should bulk, not whether you should bulk XD. I guess just make sure the dress will still fit?

I'm also curious... do you plan to continue competing in the 63 kg weight class or do you want to move up to 72 kg?

• Like 5

4 hours ago, SpecialSundae said:

Maintain. There's no need for massive bulk and cut cycles to get stronger.

3 hours ago, Urgan said:

This. Recomp ftw.

I'm also interested in adding size, not just strength.

18 minutes ago, SevenofSeven said:

Thirded. Interesting to see how many of these food/weight challenges look after 4 weeks! Kinda having that birds of a feather feeling! :)

4 weeks, 8 weeks 12 weeks :D Should we set up a "don't eat like an asshole" support group? lol Whatever that entails?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Alanna said:

Nerding out over that scan *shiny data*.

As many have said, you can make great progress by maintaining... but it sounds like you're asking when you should bulk, not whether you should bulk XD. I guess just make sure the dress will still fit?

I'm also curious... do you plan to continue competing in the 63 kg weight class or do you want to move up to 72 kg?

Mmm yes. You get me, there will be a bulk. It is known.

Umm TBD?? I'm not totally set on competing in 63 kg. I'm not opposed to being a 72 (or 67.5 for non-IPF), especially if I start adding mass. 63 has always just been a good fit for my height and frame size, but I am quite a bit taller than a lot of the 63 lifters. 72 might be better long term.

Also, I enjoyed that video.

• Like 2

On 6/10/2016 at 6:04 AM, miss_marissa said:

right arm: 4.9 LBM, 2.0 fat

left arm: 5.0 LBM, 1.8 fat

(my puny little arms :( so tiiiiiiiiny, LBM needs to be like TWICE THAT BIG!)

right leg: 17.0 LBM, 8.7 fat <-- fattest part at 32.5%

left leg: 17.4 LBM, 8.3 fat

Fat on the right, muscle on the left. 

Same here.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2016 at 11:04 AM, miss_marissa said:

right arm: 4.9 LBM, 2.0 fat

left arm: 5.0 LBM, 1.8 fat

(my puny little arms :( so tiiiiiiiiny, LBM needs to be like TWICE THAT BIG!)

there is only one answer and that is moar curls :D

• Like 4

Dang this thread got interesting fast. Following for moar data curls. Or distribution curves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

very cool stuff, MM! unless you are really motivated to cut, i don't know how well it would go with just an ehhh feeling about it, ya know? you will look great in the wedding and it sounds like your ultimate goal is more mass anyway!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Laghail said:

Dang this thread got interesting fast. Following for moar data curls. Or distribution curves.

I'm a sucker for a pretty color coordinated chart. And of course interested in others food results over the course of the challenge. I'm in.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2016 at 4:27 AM, Rookiebeotch said:

Fat on the right, muscle on the left. 

Same here.

It's so weird!!! I typically consider myself stronger on the right side. 

13 hours ago, spezzy said:

there is only one answer and that is moar curls :D

I cannot argue this logic. There is a debt to be payed and the only form of payment is moar curls.

3 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

very cool stuff, MM! unless you are really motivated to cut, i don't know how well it would go with just an ehhh feeling about it, ya know? you will look great in the wedding and it sounds like your ultimate goal is more mass anyway!

It certainly is!!! :D

OK I have goals:

So I think I’m going to maintain for this challenge. I’m feeling run down, tired and just generally poopy. Partly because I partied to hard this weekend, partly because I think I’m fighting some sort of virus, which I think I contracted when I was cutting for competition (I'm fighting a serious skin rash right now which I've never had before, pityriasis rosea, developed starting the day after my competition). Also, based on everyone’s opinions here, probably not the best time to cut.

Generally having a negative attitude about things right now so keeping it simple. I've been out of town 3 of the past 4 weekends, the 4th being memorial day, and I also predict a busy challenge period so I don’t want to overload myself:

June 18: train w/ coach, Mr. J football game

June 19: Father’s day, BFF baby shower

June 22: Baseball game

June 24: 4 year anniversary w/ Mr. J

June 25: more football

July 4: America

July 5: Hopefully summerfest (Blink 182)

July 7: Mr. J birthday

Goals:

1) Track all the things. Can’t eat maintenance if I don’t know what maintenance is. Don’t stress about eating too much, too little, in the right proportions, or “bad” foods.

2) Lift. At least 3x/week. Some form of movement every day.

3) Drink water. At least half gallon. More is better.

Life Goals:

1) Don't be a hoodrat (challenge 1)

Look fabulous. Take selfies. Post here.

2) Don't get too fat (challenge 2)

Walk or bike to work. 2x/week minimum.

3) Read (challenge 3)

Continue reading at least 3x/week.

4)    Don’t be a hermit (challenge 4)

Leave my apartment on either Saturday or Sunday. Should be easy with my social calendar this challenge.

5) Clean (challenge 5)

I have been shit with my cleaning since moving. I’m keeping up on the kitchen, but not anything else. Deep clean one room per week. Rooms are my bathroom, living room, bedroom and kitchen. Also, nag Mr. J to do his bathroom and his parts of our bedroom (the dresser). Deep cleaning includes everything applicable: sweep, mop, vacuum, dust, disinfect, shine, organize all surfaces in said room. This probably won’t be a compounding challenge goal, just a one time.

x-posted to post #2 of this thread.

• Like 7

Also want to say, I'm going to try to poke in to everyone's challenges as much as possible, but apologies if I just don't get around to it. Updating my challenge and hitting my goals is priority #1.

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

I also predict a busy challenge period so I don’t want to overload myself:

Looking ahead like that is half the battle.

Back in my WoW days, most of the major guilds were strict about Raids.  Kids.  Please.  Look up the Boss Battle and understand what it is you are supposed to do.  My guild was not a major raiding guild and we had a GL that was very patient about lecturing about how the entire fight worked.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

It's so weird!!! I typically consider myself stronger on the right side. 

You probably are. Your right side muscles don't need to be as large because they have a strong neurological advantage. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

I'm fighting a serious skin rash right now which I've never had before, pityriasis rosea, developed starting the day after my competition

I had pityriasis, right around Christmas. Doc said prednisone works for maybe 30% of population.  It worked for me.  My sympathies - mine sucked pretty horrifyingly awful.  

• Like 1