• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

miss_marissa

Miss Marissa cures her case of f&*!arounditis

6 hours ago, Rookiebeotch said:

I saw Blink182 once. They sucked. Especially after following Greenday. 

Sums up their career and in my opinion most of the pop punk surge of the late 90's.

5 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

Sum41s up their career and in my opinion most of the pop punk surge of the late 90's.

Hue hue.

Blink 182 was my first concert so I have fondness in my soul for them.

This is a good plan, MM. I like these goals.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BarbarianBassBro said:

And Green day sucked too, especially after getting more mainstream than even before

Watch it buddy. I still know all the lyrics on the Dookie album.

And they had such catchy bass lines. :P

(true I can't really defend certain parts of their career tho)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

Watch it buddy. I still know all the lyrics on the Dookie album.

Sometimes I give myself the freaks.

Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me.

It all keeps adding up,

I thinking I'm cracking uUUUp,

am I just paranoid or am i just stoned? (although to be honest it always sounded like "am I just paranoid or [sound of person having stroke]")

• Like 2

Sounds like cutting now would have been very stressful -- hope you start to feel better at maintenance :). What is your TDEE these days?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Sometimes I give myself the freaks.

Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me.

It all keeps adding up,

I thinking I'm cracking uUUUp,

am I just paranoid or am i just stoned? (although to be honest it always sounded like "am I just paranoid or [sound of person having stroke]")

actually in a few verses they do not say "or am i just stoned" they really do just yell incoherently.

also, thanks so much. that'll be in my head for a week.

• Like 2

On 6/13/2016 at 5:20 PM, Rookiebeotch said:

You probably are. Your right side muscles don't need to be as large because they have a strong neurological advantage. 

Never thought of that. I suppose you're correct.

On 6/13/2016 at 6:59 PM, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

I had pityriasis, right around Christmas. Doc said prednisone works for maybe 30% of population.  It worked for me.  My sympathies - mine sucked pretty horrifyingly awful.  

Ugh it sucks. I was given no medicine, just basically take allergy meds for the itchies and thats it. If it hasn't gone away in 3 MONTHS come back. It seems to be getting worse before it will get better still.

On 6/13/2016 at 8:22 PM, Rookiebeotch said:

I saw Blink182 once. They sucked. Especially after following Greenday. 

That's disappointing. I've never seen them, but always thought I would love it because #nostalgia

18 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Bahahaha.

4 hours ago, Alanna said:

Sounds like cutting now would have been very stressful -- hope you start to feel better at maintenance :). What is your TDEE these days?

Thanks! Me too.

I'm estimating somewhere right around 2000. Most calculators put me at about 2200, but my job is fairly sedentary so I think it will be less than that.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

Ugh it sucks. I was given no medicine, just basically take allergy meds for the itchies and thats it. If it hasn't gone away in 3 MONTHS come back. It seems to be getting worse before it will get better still.

Girl:  Second.  Opinion.  (unless you don't want / can't take the meds). 

I checked my log where I talked about it in a spoiler, and if I remember correctly mine was gone about the time that the pills ran out - so 10 days.  I do remember the doc saying that if the 'roids didn't help that it could last a really long time, though.  Prednisone and a prescription strength antihistamine made a world of difference for me. 

I'm so sorry that you are going through this.  I had the Christmas tree pattern over my entire torso, and up my neck into my hair, down both arms,  it even started down my legs.  Skin stuff can really mess up your day.  (hugs)  The really good news is that most people only ever get this once in their entire lives! 

• Like 2

Days 1.1 and 1.2

Goals:

1) Track all the things. Can’t eat maintenance if I don’t know what maintenance is. Don’t stress about eating too much, too little, in the right proportions, or “bad” foods.

M - 2277 - 123/88/248

Tu - 1758 - 85/64/202

Need to go to the grocery store and meal prep. grumble grumble.

2) Lift. At least 3x/week. Some form of movement every day.

Lifting monday. Walked to work Tuesday, was also on my feet in the cleanroom all day, so more movement than I normally get.

3) Drink water. At least half gallon. More is better.

Water has been good

Life Goals:

1) Don't be a hoodrat (challenge 1)

Was not a hoodrat, but did not take any selfies either.

2) Don't get too fat (challenge 2)

Walked in on Tuesday, but downpouring what it was time to go home so I hitched a ride.

3) Read (challenge 3)

No reading.

4)    Don’t be a hermit (challenge 4)

N/A

5) Clean (challenge 5)

No cleaning. Hopefully tomorrow.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

I'm estimating somewhere right around 2000. Most calculators put me at about 2200, but my job is fairly sedentary so I think it will be less than that.

Seems similar to mine (according to FitBit at least). On days where I only go to work the FitBit usually struggles to reach 2000 (especially the last days that it's been raining and we have lunch at the cafeteria in our building - we usually prefer to walk to another one). On gym days (expect weekends) it usually goes over 2200-2300.

17 hours ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

Seems similar to mine (according to FitBit at least). On days where I only go to work the FitBit usually struggles to reach 2000 (especially the last days that it's been raining and we have lunch at the cafeteria in our building - we usually prefer to walk to another one). On gym days (expect weekends) it usually goes over 2200-2300.

sames! i like to pretend that the fitbit doesn't know about all the calories i'm burning doing heavy lifts though... right? that's a thing?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

sames! i like to pretend that the fitbit doesn't know about all the calories i'm burning doing heavy lifts though... right? that's a thing?

I just usually pretend that the FitBit is not on my hand and I don't know how much to eat so I eat a lot just to make sure I'm not starving myself :P

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

To a degree, totes true! I wear a fitbit and track literally everything and have had for a long time, so the differences in maintenance between heavy lifting and not has been pretty clear cut. It results in another 100ish calories per day for me, so it is roughly burning about what my normal cardio sessions do. Even though my fitbit thinks I'm twirling my thumbs in there. (And yeah, it IS catching my HR pretty accurately, so it's not just failing to notice when my heart rate spikes.)

• Like 3

The fitness equivalent of the theory of relativity would be an equation that could tell us how many calories are expended during a barbell session. In the meanwhile, eat all the things just in case...

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Urgan said:

eat all the things just in case...

Always a good plan.

Day 1.3

Goals:

1) Track all the things. Can’t eat maintenance if I don’t know what maintenance is. Don’t stress about eating too much, too little, in the right proportions, or “bad” foods.

W - 2205 - 130/70/267

Still need to go to the grocery store and meal prep. Thinking that probably won't get done until tomorrow.

2) Lift. At least 3x/week. Some form of movement every day.

Deadlifts, assistance and cardio. + curls for the girls

I decided that for the wedding, since I'm not cutting, my goal is to look more jacked than whatever groomsman I have to walk down the aisle with.

3) Drink water. At least half gallon. More is better.

Water was way more than a half gallon, but it was also stupid hot in the gym so I probably sweated out at least a half gallon during my workout alone. Ughhh.

Life Goals:

1) Don't be a hoodrat (challenge 1)

Hoodrat status. Been working in the cleanroom all week so I don't see huge benefit in putting on makeup and doing my hair when it gets put up in a hairnet all day anyways.

2) Don't get too fat (challenge 2)

Drove in. Had a chiropractor appt in the morning.

3) Read (challenge 3)

Read for about 15 minutes while doing cardio.

4)    Don’t be a hermit (challenge 4)

N/A

5) Clean (challenge 5)

No cleaning.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

I decided that for the wedding, since I'm not cutting, my goal is to look more jacked than whatever groomsman I have to walk down the aisle with.

I like this plan. 

31414brodoyouevengiftegIz-1.jpeg

• Like 9

9 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

3 minutes ago, elvenengineer said:

I like this plan. 

31414brodoyouevengiftegIz-1.jpeg

Jacked > cut any day that ends in 'y'.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Track all the things. Can’t eat maintenance if I don’t know what maintenance is. Don’t stress about eating too much, too little, in the right proportions, or “bad” foods.

10 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Yay!!!!!

One of your brother's buddies?  How big are the guys he hangs out with?