LucentFrost's Respawn Challenge V2.1

LucentFrost

Hello there! This is my second respawn point. :) I started last January 2016 and didn't get to complete any challenge!!! :sorrow::sorrow::sorrow:

And I never thought the 4WC is the basis on leveling up! Whatt?!?! :cold::cold::cold:

And so, here I am, ready to join this June 4WC. :) I am aiming to be a Ranger but since I'm still in my fetus stage I will post my challenge in the Rebel Forums. Is it okay with you guys? :)

LVL 1 REBEL 4WC

DIET GOALS

Accomplish LVL 1 and LVL 2 of NFD (Nerd Fitness Diet)

Frequency - everyday

LVL 1: Have a food journal. Track your food.

LVL 2: Avoid sugary drinks (juice, gatorade, soda, alcohol, ...)

FITNESS GOALS

Accomplish LVL 1 Bodyweight Workout

Frequency - 4x a week

Schedules:

• 1A - June 12, 16, 20, 24, 28, July 2, 6
  • 1B - June 14, 18, 22, 26, 30, July 4

LEVEL UP YOUR LIFE GOAL

Complete thesis paper.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My food journal will be on MyFitnessPal. To track my progress in avoiding sugary drinks, I'm using a habit tracker on my phone. Maybe I'm gonna share a screenshot after this challenge.

I already accomplished a workout yesterday although it's not part of the 4WC, but I tasted the difficulty of the workouts. It's hard, but not impossible. :)

Well, my level up goal is I think would be the most difficult. I graduated three months ago but still didn't complete our thesis paper. :sorrow::sorrow::sorrow:

Always procrastinating!!! WTH!!! So, I really need to finish it so that I could move on to the next chapter of my life. :sorrow::sorrow::sorrow:

LOOK FORWARD TO MY UPDATES!!! :angel::angel::angel:

• Like 2

UPDATE

• QUEST #1:

6.10.JPG

6.11.JPG

6.12.JPG

MY FITNESS PAL WHAT YOU DOING TO ME. :dejection::dejection::dejection:

• QUEST #2: Since 06.11.2016, I never had sugary drinks, not even coffee or milk. Yaaayy!!! :applause::applause::applause:

• QUEST #3: My workouts so far:

Capture.JPG

SO FAR SO GOOD!!! :applause::applause::applause:

• LIFE QUEST: I told you this is the most difficult quest to conquer. From the day I posted my quests until now, I did little to accomplish this quest. I summarized all the editing tasks for the paper last night and that's it. :sorrow::sorrow::sorrow:

A thesis is no small obstacle. I wish you the best of luck!!

Your food and health goals look great too. I gave up sugary drinks years ago and I remember how hard it was. Worth it though!

• Like 1

Fitbit  |  Current Challenge  |  Old Challenges:  1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 ~ 5 ~ 6 ~ 7 ~ 8 ~ 9 ~ 10 ~ 11 ~ 12 ~ 13 ~ 14 ~ 15 ~ 16 ~ 17 ~ 18 ~ 19 ~ 20 ~ 21

Forum avatar is custom art by the talented Veronica Guzzardi

Your MyFitnessPal looks different from my MyFitnessPal...?? Weird. I like your goals though! Giving up sugary drinks is hard, but it's so much easier on your wallet. (Not to mention your body.) And your giving up coffee too! That's even harder. (I'm a caffiene zombie, though. I admit it.)

That is a lovely looking workout, though I admit I don't know what a Doorway Bodyweight Row is.

Good luck on your thesis! I've never written one before, and I can't decide if I want to or if I'd just be better off sticking with fiction... but what I've been doing the WordWar Z thing here in the forums, which is really helping me focus.

• Like 1

“Do you know where the wicked go after death?"
"They go to hell," was my ready and orthodox answer.
"And what is hell? Can you tell me that?"
"A pit full of fire."
"And should you like to fall into that pit, and to be burning there for ever?"
"No, sir."
"What must you do to avoid it?"
I deliberated a moment: my answer, when it did come was objectionable: "I must keep in good health and not die.”
Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre

Nerd Fitness Character - Bronte Battle Bog

On 13/06/2016 at 10:05 AM, Jane Eyre Is My Patronus said:

Your MyFitnessPal looks different from my MyFitnessPal...?? Weird.

It's from the web version of MyFitnessPal where they summarized all the macros from the food you ate that day. :)

I like your goals though! Giving up sugary drinks is hard, but it's so much easier on your wallet. (Not to mention your body.) And your giving up coffee too! That's even harder. (I'm a caffiene zombie, though. I admit it.)

Giving up sugary drinks is more like one of the things I can give up now than giving up eating bread,rice, and chips,  etc. (I feel like I'm cheating on my diet goals now.)  It's not that I'm giving up coffee all the way, it's just that I am  getting a good night sleep lately that I don't need a caffeine kick. :)

That is a lovely looking workout, though I admit I don't know what a Doorway Bodyweight Row is.

Doorway Bodyweight Row is a variation of the bent over row, something like this:

door-jam.jpg

Good luck on your thesis! I've never written one before, and I can't decide if I want to or if I'd just be better off sticking with fiction... but what I've been doing the WordWar Z thing here in the forums, which is really helping me focus.

Thank you!!! I am on the editing phase actually. And I can't seem to make my brain work to revise it.

• Like 2
On 12/06/2016 at 8:15 PM, Severine said:

A thesis is no small obstacle. I wish you the best of luck!!

Your food and health goals look great too. I gave up sugary drinks years ago and I remember how hard it was. Worth it though!

Thank you!!! So, what beverages are you usually drinking these days? :) What are those drinks that you permit on your diet now?

UPDATE!!!

FOOD JOURNAL

• 6.13.JPG First time I was under my caloric goal :)

• 6.14.JPG
  • You know what I blame for the excess calories?! Corn and potato chips aka junk food!!! :sorrow:

QUEST #2: No sugary drinks for the past five days. Yeeyh!!!

WORKOUT:

• 1B.JPG
  • The thing with the workout last June 10 is that it's not advisable to combine 1A and 1B (i think) in one workout session. And that's all that I did before I was exhausted. :D
  • Like 2
12 hours ago, LucentFrost said:

Thank you!!! So, what beverages are you usually drinking these days? :) What are those drinks that you permit on your diet now?

These days I mostly drink water and caffeine-free tea. Sometimes I'll drink a glass of milk, maybe once or twice a week.

Oh, and if I'm at a friend's house or a restaurant, or sometimes entertaining people at home, I'll have a glass of wine or a cocktail.

• Like 1

Fitbit  |  Current Challenge  |  Old Challenges:  1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 ~ 5 ~ 6 ~ 7 ~ 8 ~ 9 ~ 10 ~ 11 ~ 12 ~ 13 ~ 14 ~ 15 ~ 16 ~ 17 ~ 18 ~ 19 ~ 20 ~ 21

UPDATE!!!

FOOD JOURNAL

• 6.15.JPG

• 6.16.JPG

QUEST #2: I drank pineapple juice like 3 gulps.. is that breaking my no sugary drinks streak?! yes? :(

WORKOUT:

• 6.16.1a.JPG

LIFE LOG SO FAR:

• log1.png
  • So I downloaded this app to track down my fitness goals. I want to have a perfect streak but I guess life is not perfect. :( Last June 11 and 15, I clicked 'skip' for my workout habit because I didn't have a schedule for those days. But I'm sad not having streaks!
  • For June 16, well, I did drink pineapple juice so another :(
  • Look at my current streak! On zero!! >____< So, I guess I'm starting again. *sigh

ADDITIONAL NOTES:

• I am always hungry the entire day. So I was thinking to change my activity level on myfitnesspal from sedentary to lightly active. And I need to add more vegetables to my diet so that I would not be hungry that much. :)
  • I didn't nap today! So now I am sleepy writing this log. But it's okay.
  • My paper!!! *le cries
  • Like 1

Glad to see things are mostly going well, aside from the nefarious juice monster.

Eating lots of fibre helps with fullness, and veggies are a great way to get fibre. Make sure you're eating enough though, in case the hunger is a sign that you're cutting calories too aggressively. From the screenshots looks like you're aiming for about 1400, which seems low to me for someone doing workouts. Unless you're really petite, it might be a good idea to add another couple hundred calories and see if it helps. MFP is notorious for telling people to eat really low calorie amounts.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Severine said:

Glad to see things are mostly going well, aside from the nefarious juice monster.

Eating lots of fibre helps with fullness, and veggies are a great way to get fibre. Make sure you're eating enough though, in case the hunger is a sign that you're cutting calories too aggressively. From the screenshots looks like you're aiming for about 1400, which seems low to me for someone doing workouts. Unless you're really petite, it might be a good idea to add another couple hundred calories and see if it helps. MFP is notorious for telling people to eat really low calorie amounts.

Everytime I log my food on MFP, I feel horrible sometimes if I go over my caloric goals. But then if I'm under, I tend to be hungry. I'm not even sure if I put the right amount of servings I eat. So, maybe I'll adjust my caloric goal just as what you said.

I am now incorporating more veggies in my diet, as I figured it has less calories but it makes me full. And the juice monster! It got me again yesterday. Ugh!

Thanks for the advice! It's a great help for me who is still starting in this journey. :)

Yeah, look out for that juice. Definitely better than sodas (what do our bodies even do with aspartame... well, supposedly nothing, but still.) However, juices are basically liquid sugar. 

Actually, when I was transitioning from drinks with calories to drinks with no calories, I found this tea from Celestial Seasonings called Bengal Spice. It's herbal, caffeine free, zero calories and yet when you brew it it tastes sweet. It also tastes of cinnamon, cardamon, and clove, so if you don't like the flavor of those, you won't like it. I love it, both iced and hot. But cinnamon and clove is one of my favorite flavor combinations ever. 

Also, you can't find it (one specific type of tea made by one specific brand, I wouldn't be surprised) lots of companies make tea with vanilla flavoring. Of the one's I've had, mostly Bigelow brand vanilla chai and caramel chai, they smell really sweet but they don't taste sweet. Sometimes that's enough for me though. Also, if you're going to go the Bigelow route, go for the vanilla over the caramel. For some reason, the scent of caramel really started getting on my nerves as I was working my way through that box. Vanilla never gets on my nerves. 

Lots of companies also make apple cinnamon herbal teas, which can taste really sweet, as long as you don't mind that little niggling in the back of your mind that apple juice would be sweeter. 

• Like 2

"A pit full of fire."
"No, sir."
I deliberated a moment: my answer, when it did come was objectionable: "I must keep in good health and not die.”

7 hours ago, Jane Eyre Is My Patronus said:

Yeah, look out for that juice. Definitely better than sodas (what do our bodies even do with aspartame... well, supposedly nothing, but still.) However, juices are basically liquid sugar. 

Actually, when I was transitioning from drinks with calories to drinks with no calories, I found this tea from Celestial Seasonings called Bengal Spice. It's herbal, caffeine free, zero calories and yet when you brew it it tastes sweet. It also tastes of cinnamon, cardamon, and clove, so if you don't like the flavor of those, you won't like it. I love it, both iced and hot. But cinnamon and clove is one of my favorite flavor combinations ever. 

Also, you can't find it (one specific type of tea made by one specific brand, I wouldn't be surprised) lots of companies make tea with vanilla flavoring. Of the one's I've had, mostly Bigelow brand vanilla chai and caramel chai, they smell really sweet but they don't taste sweet. Sometimes that's enough for me though. Also, if you're going to go the Bigelow route, go for the vanilla over the caramel. For some reason, the scent of caramel really started getting on my nerves as I was working my way through that box. Vanilla never gets on my nerves. 

Lots of companies also make apple cinnamon herbal teas, which can taste really sweet, as long as you don't mind that little niggling in the back of your mind that apple juice would be sweeter. 

Actually I'm not that much of a tea drinker, but I'll try to find one that suits my taste. I really need to have an alternative drink for my taste buds.

Anyways, thanks for this! :)

• Like 2
4 hours ago, LucentFrost said:

Actually I'm not that much of a tea drinker, but I'll try to find one that suits my taste. I really need to have an alternative drink for my taste buds.

Anyways, thanks for this! :)

I admit to being addicted to tea. Like, so much so that I didn't even realize you "not being much of a tea drinker" was a possibility until I read this... I'm sorry. I'll try to think of non-tea options.

• Like 2

"A pit full of fire."
"No, sir."

10 hours ago, Jane Eyre Is My Patronus said:

I admit to being addicted to tea. Like, so much so that I didn't even realize you "not being much of a tea drinker" was a possibility until I read this... I'm sorry. I'll try to think of non-tea options.

It's okay. :D I am not a picky eater/drinker so I am open to more suggestions as long as it's helpful to reach goals and approved by my taste buds! ;)

8 hours ago, LucentFrost said:

I'm thinking now it's more like my mind telling my stomach to always be hungry because I am more active now and I don't eat paleoish food so much, but the veggies really help! :)

I took my three year old grandson to the beach yesterday. I didn't wear a watch and was surprised when we packed up to leave that we had been there for over five hours and blew through a mealtime. I wonder how often I eat because "it's time" vs. real hunger.

Did you adjust your activity level on My Fitness Pal to account for your changes?

• Like 1

MY 500 YEAR DIARY  HIKING THE ALLEGHENY NATIONAL FOREST QUEST: 8 TRAILS DOWN, 57 TO GO 

On 19 June 2016 at 6:33 PM, Rebel_Timelord said:

I took my three year old grandson to the beach yesterday. I didn't wear a watch and was surprised when we packed up to leave that we had been there for over five hours and blew through a mealtime. I wonder how often I eat because "it's time" vs. real hunger.

Did you adjust your activity level on My Fitness Pal to account for your changes?

I adjusted my activity level in MFP from sedentary to lightly active. I tried active but I sit more than I stand/walk. I only sweat so much if I do my workouts. :)

There's even no "it's time" in my eating vocabulary! If I don't have anything to do and starts to watch TV, my mind would automatically say, "you're hungry. Eat some food" even if I just had lunch 30min ago!

• Like 2

Ugh! I just drank a watermelon shake with condensed milk! It's not intentional though. I asked my aunt a little too late. :( and I don't want to tick it off as done if I've known I consumed condensed milk! :( uhm, I just had three gulps :) hehehe But I did do the two gulps intentionally. So yeap, no done for me. And when I logged it in on MFP, a 0.1 cup of condensed milk = 123 calories?! I'm doomed.

Anyways, I didn't do a week recap, and not posting about the progress of the challenge. I wanted to, but then I don't know where to post the other screenshots as the forums only allocated 0.4mb for media files. And then I did other stuff, too. I will catch up on that.

• Like 1

LucentFrost, great goals!  You're adjusting them really well as you discover challenges.  The juice monster can be hard, I know, but I'm with Jane Eyre on this one.  You can find lots of "dessert teas" that taste sweet without any sweetener or sugar in them--I had a gingerbread tea once that tasted exactly like gingerbread.  Crazy!  Anyway, an iced dessert tea might satisfy your sweet tooth without the need for juice or sugar, and most of them don't even taste like tea when they are iced.  It might be something to think about.

Another juice-substitute might be infused water.  Instead of making a juice, just plop a sliced strawberry or some sliced cucumber and some mint leaves (or peppermint tea) into a glass of ice water.  The water will taste sweeter, and since it's just a small amount of fresh fruit or vegetables, it doesn't have a ton of sugar or sweeteners in it.  It's refreshing and tasty.  

How's the thesis coming?  I know it's a huge amount of work, but the hardest part is often getting it down on paper!  Now that you're in the editing stages, you can focus on making it better instead of making it in the first place.  Good luck!

• Like 3

Respawned Level 1 Rebel 

STR: 1  STA: 3  DEX: 2  CON: 1  WIS: 3  CHA: 2

Challenges: current!

5 hours ago, LucentFrost said:

There's even no "it's time" in my eating vocabulary! If I don't have anything to do and starts to watch TV, my mind would automatically say, "you're hungry. Eat some food" even if I just had lunch 30min ago!

Practicing mindfulness helps me in this regard. I try to wait until I'm moderately hungry to eat and then to stop when I'm aware I'm moderately full. Some days though my mouth gets ahead of my mind..!

• Like 1

MY 500 YEAR DIARY  HIKING THE ALLEGHENY NATIONAL FOREST QUEST: 8 TRAILS DOWN, 57 TO GO 

16 hours ago, thegingerdances said:

LucentFrost, great goals!  You're adjusting them really well as you discover challenges.  The juice monster can be hard, I know, but I'm with Jane Eyre on this one.  You can find lots of "dessert teas" that taste sweet without any sweetener or sugar in them--I had a gingerbread tea once that tasted exactly like gingerbread.  Crazy!  Anyway, an iced dessert tea might satisfy your sweet tooth without the need for juice or sugar, and most of them don't even taste like tea when they are iced.  It might be something to think about.

Another juice-substitute might be infused water.  Instead of making a juice, just plop a sliced strawberry or some sliced cucumber and some mint leaves (or peppermint tea) into a glass of ice water.  The water will taste sweeter, and since it's just a small amount of fresh fruit or vegetables, it doesn't have a ton of sugar or sweeteners in it.  It's refreshing and tasty.  

How's the thesis coming?  I know it's a huge amount of work, but the hardest part is often getting it down on paper!  Now that you're in the editing stages, you can focus on making it better instead of making it in the first place.  Good luck!

Infused water? Maybe I'll check on that one, too.

The thesis ... well, I'm still editing. :D I find it more difficult to edit because I don't have any idea how to make it better! But yeah I can do this! I always search on how to be concise in the paper, and doing that overwhelms me. I'm doing it slow now.

Good luck on your challenge, too!

14 hours ago, Rebel_Timelord said:

Practicing mindfulness helps me in this regard. I try to wait until I'm moderately hungry to eat and then to stop when I'm aware I'm moderately full. Some days though my mouth gets ahead of my mind..!

Mindfulness really helps, but practicing it takes time. I am occupying myself on doing things so that I won't always think about food. :)

• Like 1