Hello fellow nerds,

Let me start with a little information about me. I am a married man (7 years) with 6 children (4 Step, 2 Biological). I don't usually do forums, but I hope to be able to contribute to this one as I progress through my health and fitness revolution.

I recently came across Nerd Fitness when my Sifu posted a link to the article about Conventional Wisdom. He also posts pictures of some of the foods he eats and talks about the primal diet on his Facebook page. My aunt was recently diagnosed with Celiac Disease and has been telling the rest of the family to get tested.

After learning of this and reading more articles on the site about primal living, I have decided to take the plunge. Since this past Sunday, I have decided to cut wheat out of my diet and begin the transition to healthy, unprocessed foods. Normally, I don't eat vegetables, but I have decided that I need to and have been making myself eat them. I plan to try the spaghetti squash this weekend.

I have also decided that I am going to work out using the exercises prescribed on the site. I am working on improving the number and quality of pull ups I can do. I am starting at 2 with my chin even to the bar. I can't seem to get it over.

Since starting these things, I have already began to notice that my clothes are fitting looser and I am feeling better overall. I can't wait to see what lies ahead.

Guest discomFITure

Welcome to the rebellion! I'm taking the plunge into primal dieting, too, so you are definitely not alone on your journey. I'm fairly new to the NF Community but, from what I can tell, everyone here seems friendly and supportive. Hopefully you will stick to the forums and enlist a great support group for your adventures. :)

Hi Anivair,

The Kung Fu style that I study is Shaolin, or i guess more specifically Shaolin Wahnam. My Sifu learned from Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit in Malaysia.

Due to financial and time constraints, I am not able to attend class as much as I would like, but I can still practice at home (not as much as I should though). I do still keep in touch with my Sifu from time to time.