Fatal Preps For Second Year

Fatal

CAR2_682_1313011a.jpg

On The Way To Hogwarts For The Second Time

Last year, I started living a healthier lifestyle on June 22nd, and joined Nerd Fitness on July 12th. This challenge will pass through my 1 Year Healthy milestone, and end just before my 1 Year NF milestone.

Main Goal: Be lean, strong, and agile.

When I started here at NF, I incorrectly estimated that to achieve this, I would weigh roughly 150 lbs and have around 15% body fat. I am 5'4" and currently weigh 137 lbs, and I would estimate I currently have 16 or 17% body fat. I am now aiming for around 13% body fat, and not focusing on how much I weigh.

Goal 1: Make my workouts challenging again.

For whatever reason, I stopped doing the entirety of the BBWW, and just did some of it, while mixing in some exercises with dumbbells. I want to get back in the habit of doing the full workout, and then work towards doing the ABWW.

I had planned on training for a triathlon, but I never swam much, and when I finally got a bicycle, it replaced running and became my only form of cardio. I want to start running again, and possibly even use a real running program this time, so that I can have an actual improvement in my endurance.

I've always implemented stretching routines or yoga into my workout sessions, usually before and after them, but I never made a proper habit of doing full yoga sessions. This is something I want to start doing.

Goal 2: Stop being lenient on what I choose to eat.

This one is pretty self explanatory. "Cheat" meals or snacks have become more frequent and I need to get back on track.

During this challenge, I did not have my goals laid out properly until 6/21, but that's okay. It was more about getting me back into the habit of doing challenges, than completing the challenge itself.

Level 7 Ranger

STR 19 | STA 16 | DEX 17 | CON 10 | WIS 8 | CHA 8

Battle Log | Previous Challenge | Progress Photos

My goals haven't been going well. I've been having some minor issues in my sleep schedule again lately after it had been amazing from March to early June. I should have taken full advantage of said great sleep schedule and not fallen off track in the first place.

Level 7 Ranger

Sleep is so hard! I have insomnia really bad sometimes so I totally understand how it can totally throw you off the rails.  Do what you can in terms of your workouts, and get that sleep back under control.  Then come back to your goals again.  I do find that when I don't eat well I can't sleep either - and it's a brutal cycle of not sleeping causing me to not want to eat well etc etc - how has your eating goal been going?

• Like 1
On June 16, 2016 at 10:30 PM, Fatal said:

My goals haven't been going well. I've been having some minor issues in my sleep schedule again lately after it had been amazing from March to early June. I should have taken full advantage of said great sleep schedule and not fallen off track in the first place.

Don't get down on yourself! Consistincy brings success! 

• Like 1

Human Urban Ranger

Level 2: STR: 5, DEX: 4, STA: 2, CON: 3, WIS: 4, CHA: 1

"He must become greater; I must become less." John 3:30 

CHALLENGE

On 6/22/2016 at 1:22 PM, Raxie said:

Sleep is so hard! I have insomnia really bad sometimes so I totally understand how it can totally throw you off the rails.  Do what you can in terms of your workouts, and get that sleep back under control.  Then come back to your goals again.  I do find that when I don't eat well I can't sleep either - and it's a brutal cycle of not sleeping causing me to not want to eat well etc etc - how has your eating goal been going?

Yeah. My problem was (and has been in the past) that I got too much sleep. Since I last posted, I have returned to a solid sleep schedule, getting not too little or too much. I did continue doing a minimum amount of working out, but slowly increased it back to what it had been earlier this year. My eating goal went alright for the month of June, better than the previous 2 months for sure.

On 6/25/2016 at 9:47 AM, Darger said:

Don't get down on yourself! Consistincy brings success! 

Thanks. I know this, as that is what brought me success in the first place, throughout my first few challenges.

Level 7 Ranger