• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CRM114

Beast Mode Activated.

First off, my Paleo experiment has been a resounding success! I originally went out to try it for 30 days but am starting my 3rd month now and dont see any signs of wanting to turn back.

Yesterday I really noticed the difference between energy levels in myself and my 2 workout buddies. All three of us are in comperable phyiscal shape (one was an 'American' football player in HS and amateur boxer, the other a basketball player) and have an almost identical workout routine as I. It is almost a daily struggle to get them to go to the gym. Literally as soon as I am in the door from work I want to go. They constantly complain of "I just got home" (yeah... so did I) and "hang on for like, one more hour." They work the same 8 hour day in similar office type jobs (only they start an hour earlier and get home an hour earlier) Anyway... yesterday I really took notice at how much longer I could sustain "Beast Mode" compared to them, with the only difference between us really being diet. Yesterday was the first day I really took notice of my increase in energy. I keep trying to get them on the Paleo bandwagon but they just wont listen...

Anyone else notice a spike in their "Beast Mode" since starting Paleo? How far along were you before you really took notice to it, or did someone just tell you that you seemed to have more energy?

I noticed it right away, and so did my husband.

On a related note, I've cheated a bit more on my Paleo diet this week than he has, and there was a definite difference in our run this morning. I was literally dragging while he was cruising along.

He says he feels more energetic in a "ready to go" sort of way, not like a jittery, too much energy way. Working out first thing in the morning also has a side benefit: hubby is able to get to work earlier, and get home earlier. He's loving that!

He says he feels more energetic in a "ready to go" sort of way, not like a jittery, too much energy way.

I can totally relate to this. I used to depend on coffee to get me through my mornings. Now I wake up without my alarm, and I have sustained energy all through my day. w00t for no 2:30 coffee crash! :P

I still drink entirely too much coffee, but I definitely noticed a huge change in energy levels (probably had something to do with not carrying the equivalent of a small person on my back anymore, as well). Not really sure when I noticed it, but little things started getting noticed, like I wasn't in pain all the time anymore. I also seem to pace around a lot. I really notice if I have an off plan meal. I am really lethargic the next day, and I sometimes get a headache (or other problems, depending on what I ate).

I'm in the same boat with the coffee overload, but I definitely do notice that everything is easier since I've gone paleo. Yesterday was the last day of my winter fitness activity at school, and we had a little challenge--running back and forth around campus for about an hour, with some bodyweight stuff thrown in. I did the Advanced Bodyweight workout on Monday and didn't stretch after (like an idiot), so I'd been limping around on burning quads for the past few days. Still, I was able to turn it on and sprint for an hour.

Also, I tend to roar or go into Hulk mode in class on occasion. I really look forward to my workouts now, and I usually feel better after than I did before.

I also noticed my energy has leveled. About the same all day long coffee or limited coffee. I am working on the sleep part of it still. I also tried a no gluten diet for 30 days and am crossing the two month mark of a primal diet. I love it, and no plans to go back.

As I too, noticed a significant changes in my energy levels whenever I go the Paleo way. People take notice too how I'm always on the go, high gears rolling and am ready to move onto the next thing without feeling sluggish or ready to crash.