I've stepped away from Nerd Fitness for awhile, but I'm joining up again because I need to lose some weight and this style of tracking has always worked for me. I'm very happy to find it's still a vibrant community, and even see a couple of familiar faces :D 

I'm usually a scout, but I'll be joining the druids this time because I would like to work on a more mindful approach to better living. I hope to find inspiration in your writings and in the group challenges. 

I've chosen three simple goals for my first challenge after a long break. 

1. Track all food on Myfitnesspal App. My goal is currently to stay under 1500 net calories.and to consume 100 g protein per day. I'll give myself one point for calories and one point for protein, for a total of 14 points available in a given week. 

2. Incorporate Adventurous Exercise. I already have a good routine (thanks to previous NF challenges) of either running or doing yoga 5-6 days per week. I would like to spend one active day doing something adventurous: paddleboarding, bike riding, bouldering, or maybe go to a different yoga studio. The goal is to have fun and try something new. 1 point available per week. 

3. Meditate Every Day. According to the Headspace app, I'm already on a 14 day streak. My routine is currently to meditate in my car during my lunch break. I would like to continue working through the Headspace program. One point for every day completed, 7 points available for the week. 

Total challenge points available: 88

Thank you very much for reading my challenge. Feel free say "hi" or to let me know what you think. 

CityDrive02Preview.jpeg

• Like 1

Class and Profession: Level 23 Borg Queen 

Day 1 went really well. My calorie goal is feeling pretty doable. Was able to keep it under 1340 net and hit 131 g protein. Also did 10 minutes of sitting. It was a 3 point day. 

Got my hair done yesterday, which is fun because I really like my hair dresser. I don't know his whole story, but he's this older rocker turned crea yoga practitioner, and loves to talk about meditation, hiking, and happiness. Needless to say, he gives excellent haircuts. 

Boyfriend  and I got into a fight yesterday, unfortunately. I think it was my fault, I got pissed off at him instead of letting him do his own thing. Then again, he was ignoring my needs. So we fought, and resolved it, but I don't think that either of us learned anything. 

Excited to test out my goals on a busy workday, and a Monday no less. We'll see if I can have another 3 point day. 

• Like 1

I got some fun toys to help me with my journey. A jawbone to track steps and sleep (+ silent alarm):

uploadfromtaptalk1465876692754.jpg

I also got some pretty good running sneaks: 

uploadfromtaptalk1465876704099.jpg

Fun toys FTW! :P

As for actual challenge day two, went pretty fun. 

1 point- under 1340 net calories

1 point- 126 g protein

1 point- 10 minutes meditation during lunch break. 

13 hours ago, Twilight said:

How does the silent alarm work? Vibration?

Yeah, it vibrates, and I found out this morning that the snooze doesn't work too well so I think I will need to use a regular loud, persistent supplemental alarm unfortunately. 

10 hours ago, Syren said:

I was looking into a jawbone! How do you like it so far?

It's working really well so far. I like it. I'm waiting to see if the strap stays strapped and the battery holds charge, as these seem to be the major complaints about it, but so far so good. The data I'm getting from the device tho... pretty crazy, that's another story. 

8 hours ago, Sunmage said:

Awesome!

Welcome around =)

Enjoy your stay!

*Bows* Thank you

Day 3: It's a 3/3 point day! Made it under 1340 calories, 100 +g protein, and I got a little meditation in. 

Went running today- felt all over the place, couldn't focus, kept thinking about this chauvinistic guy mansplaining things to me on facebook, it was gross. Then I ran over to the park and did a guided meditation for 20 minutes, and it was amazing! Like hitting the big "reset" button. 

I used to think that I didn't have enough time to meditate every day, but I'm starting to figure out that I waste so much time worrying, getting stressed out, playing "what if?" game and being totally unfocused and pissed off that of course I have time to meditate, or I have to make the time, and to do it more. 

• Like 2

Day 4: 3 points. Stayed under calorie goal. Hit protein goal. Meditated. 

Yoga class today-- not so fun. Went to a new class at my studio, failed to notice in the beginning that none of the regulars were there. Should have paid attention to that. It was a class of flailing around and the teacher telling us to stop flailing around. Why.

I'm going to have to change something about my protein goal. I don't eat very much meat, so 100 g/day ends up being a lot of powders. 2 protein shakes a day. Kind of gross.

On the positive side, my boyfriend is being very cute and funny tonight. And I get to cuddle with my little dog. 

23 hours ago, Primeval said:

I'm going to have to change something about my protein goal. I don't eat very much meat, so 100 g/day ends up being a lot of powders. 2 protein shakes a day. Kind of gross.

oh no, yuck! Much better ways to get your protein.

• Like 1

Race: Elf   ~   Class: Druid Apprentice   ~   Level: 12

Current Challenge

2015-2016 Challenges: OneTwo, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve

2018-2019 Challenges: (first one in progress)

Day 5: 2 points. Skipped the powders today so I only made it to 77 g protein. I did some meditation tho, got a 10 and a 20 in today, plus a couple of 2-3s. 

I think I'm going to keep the high protein goal, because they wouldn't call it a "challenge" if it wasn't challenging, but I will have to find better ways of meeting the goal. 

• Like 2

Day 6: 2 points, + 85 g protein

Body starting to feel pretty great due to healthier diet. 

Also, tracking workouts is probably good for me, plus the jaw bone thingy and all the meditation. 

My adventure session this week is going to be a two hour yoga and meditation workshop with music an a summer solstice theme. Now that I'm writing it out it sounds like a fairly tame adventure, but it's something different and I'm looking forward to it.

• Like 2

Day 7: 4 points

Took tiny pomeranian to the dog park this morning, it was adorable. Then my mom and I went for a hike in the forest. After hike, I went to a super beautiful summer solstice celebration at my yoga studio. So we'll call that 1 adventure point for this week. Meditated, under 1340 net, +133g protein, which is 3 points. I also walked a total of 17,782 steps, which I feel is rather awesome. 

Total for week: 20/22 possible points, a good first week!

• Like 2