Bouncer the Resilient

Gilmore Girls! :D

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

4 minutes ago, MichiruSedai said:

Gilmore Girls! :D

Yes about 6-9 hours worth in one day (on the 3rd to last of all episodes)..... I ended up dreaming up my own episode of Lane and Zack, where they ended up owning a diner that was Rocker themed (inspired by Luke....).

• Like 1

On a Retreat until June 17, 2024... Look forward to seeing you on the other side!

Are you excited for the Netflix season 8 coming out?

Challenges:

Heck yeah, have it on my list already... waiting with anticipation! Pretty much what gave me the incentive to watch the entire show all the way through, I used to watch it on ABCFamily when I was in Middle school/high school.

First time I've seen all the episodes in order, things make a whole lot more sense now....

• Like 1

On a Retreat until June 17, 2024... Look forward to seeing you on the other side!

By the time I got into it, it was off the air.  A friend gave me the first season on DVD and I was hooked!

• Like 1

Challenges:

It is just one of those shows... sadly I found out we have to wait till November for the revamp :(

Hoh! Almost 10:30 pm. I officially put all the papers that have been needing a home for months... into a home they strayed away from over the last year or was able to finally find a good home until I go deeper. The dishes are (almost) done! Sadly didn't find the card yet... been praying to find 1 of the 3 things that will work... (I would love to be paid sooner than later by the end of the month...) I luckily have a lot of places to keep looking....

I even read a chapter in my history book when the sun was still out! (Didn't realize that the Dakota war was as bloody as that single chapter contained....)

I will work out tonight! I found out what can help me keep going for working out, by having each day be $1 toward the amount of money I can bring to the Warrior Dash... (So a little over $30 if I do it every single day till then). Something I know I will be able to manage as the positive/negative turn out. The money I don't use, will just be put into the bills.

Food and cool gear are usually a cool incentive (especially since I believe I will be able to earn that money through working by then!) So yeah that'll help.

• Like 2

Okay I worked out last night. But only did 2 sets of strength, and have of my cool down stretching. I zoned out for an entire song on my ipod while thinking about something and staring at myself in the mirror before I did inclined inverted rows.... Was kind of glad I was the only one at the gym. I figured it was from the lack of sugar/calories making thinking hard, and making everything hurt.

I ended up doing assisted squats because my knees and leg muscles where going "ouch, ouch". I was however able to go deeper when it came to inclined pushups and inverted rows (was really trying to stretch out my back at that point, to see if it would help with my headaches).

Happy I got it done though, since I was able to crash when I got home. 

Attempting to work on "prep" day, since both days this weekend I'm working (for the first time in 6 months). Need to food prep, since no money (all of it is going toward gas so I can actually get to work). Going to try to find the card I need, to get paid. Figure out what I need cleaned by tonight (hand washing experience).

Figure out my food plan for the weekend. I have food.... I just wish I had gone to the food shelf to help make the weekend easier...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/bf/d7/e3/bfd7e3b860852bb50db7ba45137f178c.jpg

My main protein that I have and going to use up:

-Almond butter

-1 frozen cod filet

-1 thawing beef liver

Vegetables:

-1 jar of pickle spears

-A handful of celery stalks

-At least over a cup of canned sauerkraut

"bread group":

-Brown rice

-3 Hungry Jack pancakes (that I made last night from what I had left in the box)

-2 slices of whole wheat

-I have flour.... (coconut & einkorn flour) Going to attempt making no milk/no egg biscuits

Fats:

-Olive oil

-Coconut Oil

-Unsalted Butter

Only a little bit of berries.

In reality, quite a bit of food. Just less than I'm used to (especially the no fruit part...), or very different from what I usually eat together. The fish will be made into an ideal meal of rice/celery with it. While the liver (which I never made or had, bought it during my Paleo weeks).

I have a bunch of tea, and honey. Good part, my kitchen will be cleaned out. I have to view this as a challenge, of eating healthier on a budget.

My mother says she has a few things I can have (if she has leftovers... when I find I need to bring something for work). Such as protein/meal drinks and supposed soup.

• Like 2

Things I did yesterday, cleaned out a few thing as I was looking for my card (didn't find it, but found something else my mom had kept in her safebox, so yay for finding something!).

I prepared and ate Liver (braised it, wasn't so bad as I didn't compare it to beef and did research on Liver as I ate it).

Prepared rice w/ Celery (ate some of it with the Liver).

Attempted to make a "no egg, no milk" biscuits. Ended up not keeping into dough (probably because I was using coconut oil and einkorn flour instead of the standard). Was still edible (as long as I'm hungry) with a bit of honey. Ended up eating a bit before I walked last night, my stomach though regretted it as I walked and felt it expand... (Still better option than cheap brownies).

At the end of the day, most of the dishes where clean and the counters where wiped (my best day yet after a day of cooking).

Handwashed a pare of long shorts for work. Walked roughly 2 miles (just walked an hour).

Crashed into bed by 12:30. Woke up at 6:15.

Got ready by 8. (So cool had extra time to write this post). I'm already sweating from the humidity/heat advisory.

Will buy fruit and another protein after work tonight. Along with washing my work shirt (with other clothes).

My friend has her wedding reception starting when I get off of work and ending at 9 pm. Don't know if I'll walk over there (across town, a bit awkward to walk to and far. Too close to waste work gas on though).  Another high school friend that I haven't seen in awhile will be there, and the free food (Mexican most likely with a Minnesota twist), and a chat for a hour. (If I don't collapse, or it doesn't storm...)

Also found, I do have Food Stamps. I just now have to reorder a new card (lost it with my purse last December). So by July 4th (with a little luck), I will be able to control my own food budget (scare!) While I've been getting a better idea (and cleaning out), my kitchen this weekend.

Will give me luck, on my first full weekend of work!

• Like 3

Good luck!

• Like 1

Challenges:

13 hours ago, MichiruSedai said:

Good luck!

Thank you!

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/85/85605142ee4a1d39ef7e143ea43e9eaca285c0fea450db530ecd4b454b4f13ca.jpg

(I am so tired now...)

It was all good. Saturday I had a ton of anxiety, but my boss pretty much confirmed to me that what I'm reacting to was from a lack of training, and unsupporative supervisors. At camp, I was more trained on how to deal with the girls (while half the season was with adults primarily....), and at the pizza place... the guy did not know how to deal with bad customers in a "healthy/safe matter". (Seeing a phone thrown across the kitchen.... I look back and regret not quitting that day.

But all good, event he amount of "processed/sweets" I ate I can count on my fingers. (1 personal cup of ice cream, 1 Pepsi, 2 slices of frozen pizza, and 1 ice cream cone treat).

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/ca/ab/38/caab3882c0a371152454902f152431b0.jpg

I'm going good so far. The pepsi was out of necessity: because I ran out of tea, I had a lack of sleep, no other snacks accept candy staring at me on the front desk, and I knew I would be the one to vacuum in the next two hours (wouldn't end well without something extra).

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/87/fe/4b/87fe4b112cbbad34e1e1394f33070032.jpg

I need to work on two things for my health to be able to help prevent the situation again: sleep schedule for the summer (be up at 8. get off the screens by 11 pm) and finding a snack bar/make a snack bar I can afford, while also keeping fruit around (replace it where the pop would go). On top of both exercise and Sun time.

Ended up not working out.... sleep is more necessary. Making a vow with myself to go around 11:30 in the morning... Feel the heat baby (even though it will be supposedly cooler than it was the last two days...)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/79/87/56/798756d06eea44ec7ea8e6e78659464c.jpg

(27 days till than!)

Also realized my NF Forum 1st year anniversary is the same day as the Warrior Dash...

Destiny?

• Like 2

On Tuesday I had the perk of my mother and a friend note on weight loss I myself didn't really see was happening. So the steps toward working on helping my depression and preventing it, also are steps that at the moment lead me to weightless (I haven't dared step on the scale since it doesn't help me move forward, going to wait to do measurements after the Warrior Dash...).

It has mainly been helping me see, why I'm starting to eat like the world depends on it when I get my hands on something sweet or easy carbs.... (On Monday I also ended up eating plain cheese and unsalted butter.... yeah not so good). A little difficult to watch everything when my only vegetables at the moment are canned green beans, and fruit is canned variety.

Last two days I worked through my anxiety and worked out during the day (yesterday before I volunteered, Tuesday around 12-2). I have issues of being overstimulated by the heavy traffic (and large sounding trucks) while walking when the sun is out making me blind. I've been able to put my emotion aside, and started seeing the perks. (I can crash at 11 pm... or earlier.) The downsides are pretty much me actually getting ready for the day... which is better in the end.

My main goal with daily life, is seeing what helps my depression. Which has lead me to find ways to feel like I have more control. That dominos into actual weight loss happening, and the hope that I can fit into a size 18 a bit better by the end of the month (long shot, but I think I shall be able to do it).

• Like 4

Okay I'm still going along. Exercise pretty much this month has been meh (when I workout I usually do a good workout, when not I don't do anything unless I worked all day). While also new ideas on how to approach life. Like cutting out watching movies and shows... My schedule has been its fullest since February... My imagination finally is coming back and ready to write! (So I have that going for me).

1401822282.jpg

July 4th was an understandable sugar crazy everywhere. Only lasted till Tuesday, where I worked on getting back to the eating "better". And today I did a solid workout (on average at least 2 good hour heart pumping each week).

I'm viewing my gym membership of "going to get my money's worth, so they don't get all of it for nothing". I'm holding a little resentment toward my gym, unsure why. Anytime I've gone in, I've been on full battle mode to just get through it. Thinking of making a corruption story line to help me use it properly till mid-August. So I'm at least a bit conditioned for Warrior Dash, get my body easily moving. Then in Mid-August I'll change it up for the school year.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/c0/c051dbfc44f82e26d73c7fe9ffbc9615f02380ac6d1cb4922f5175cd130cd3af.jpg

Finally got my food stamps, and sometime next week hopefully I'll get a better idea on what exactly what help I will receive (just 1 more paper to turn in for my job). So I'm heavily intimidated by the unknown, and my dirty dish cluttered kitchen. This week though I will make the mashed potatoes I've been craving for...

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt111/mtrcas112907/turtle-meme-ermahgerd-mershed-perderders-eating-mashed-potatoes.jpg

I've started to start having the fun feeling of going back to school, of awesomeness. Part of me goes, its only July. The other part says, yeah but it took 3 months for you to actually get the paperwork together.

http://cf.chucklesnetwork.com/items/5/6/7/7/1/original/one-does-not-simply-get-ready-for-school-in-june.jpg

While I'm supposed to also be working on getting through my history binder for my job... Last weekend though I found I can give a presentation, half-assed but I'm getting to know my stuff....

640e09d6b7d1043e65e9b3a2a56e1963.jpg

I have so many ideas bouncing through my head, and always have to stop myself and go "first laundry and the dishes help make your home fee like a home."

Funny-Laundry-memes.jpg

• Like 2

I've been so scattered today, had a 7 hours of going "I don't want to do anything". Then when I finally started relief.... Pretty much I'm having anxiety where I'm not scared about going back to work, but avoiding doing anything to help get myself ready for the single work day....

Somehow in the end I was able to buy leeks and a whole chicken (the organic kind...) and prepare it into a slow cooker by 10 pm. (Bad news I have to wake up in the middle of the night to take it out and let it sit and make the gravy out of the leeks and chicken drippings.) First time I bought either, and cooked with (3 different foods during this challenge!). Ended up going to my NomNomPaleo cook book for some direction, the one recipe in there for a full chicken involved leeks. Looking on her site she has at least 3 other variations.  So hopefully it turns out good, buying a whole chicken is the cheapest out of all the meats per a pound. (Like just over $2 bucks, while everything else is over $4). Not complaining, because this is the only way I can get my chicken.... without feeling like I'm wasting my money.

Was able to roast a chicken, but cutting a watermelon has been too intimidating... 

Work tomorrow! Praying for good people and the coworker that can work with me and communicate to me nicely. (I've been way too babied with my boss compared to other jobs, at least now I know how to answer questions. It's the whole process of explaining the entire fort when I can barely keep my tongue untied... no less, welcoming people.) Today I had to keep reminding myself, that the customer's I deal with are similar people I meet while volunteering and at my last museum job. Next to coworkers who are happy to be there, and are nice (usually).

• Like 4

That moment when you don't know if it's allergies or a cold.....Well if its allergies, I must be allergic to ragweed (High Pollen)and whatever I've had cultured by accident in my kitchen (it happens). So after a day of work, I take two hours to eat rest of my chicken.... (It's better than snowball cakes...) And about 2-3 servings of organic milk that I picked up with the 1 hostess treat I bought after work. While having drank pop throughout work day to help get through the day (Could be worse, was only 3 cans and 1 at least half way drank water bottle).

All my anxiety was gone by the time work started, the few customers that came where mellow (almost too mellow for my want to talk). While my coworker liked things less conversationalist. Bright side I can communicate to her easily about what needs to be done, and share jokes. Had quite a few chats by the end of the day.

So yeah back to my cleaning. I walked around at work a bit (not as much as I could though...). And am just going to focus on thorwing out ick, and washing the dishes that have piled up since last week. Since having a hoarse cough while taking a shower is no fun...

• Like 1

I love NomNomPaleo!

Challenges:

1 hour ago, MichiruSedai said:

I love NomNomPaleo!

The reason why many times I've tried the Paleo diet over and over again.

This time around I'm trying to see it as "finding more fun was to slip in my veggies". While also trying to adapt recipes that work better to my midwest location.... My hope is when I find the right type of vegetables to rotate, I'll be able to afford a good piece of meat or fish to try her more fab recipes.

Dishes update: Filled up a plastic box of all dishes that where in my sinks. Cleaned out sinks, cleaned the large container I kept my chicken in and the crock pot. Started to wash dishes from box... To help get rid of the smells the fastest...

• Like 1

Last night I ended up going to sleep with at least 10 more dishes cleaned. Woke up this morning at exactly 11:11 (make a wish time... for the nicer things). Pretty much been wishing for a good work summer, and shutting down any bad thoughts. Along with the hope to be able to afford a fancy enough phone to be able to Ingress and Pokemon Go. And of course a fitness buddy (I've been having this strange feeling, I will finally meet them once I get back into Yoga or Tai Chi)

Today was sitting around day. I ended up finding "Saving Grace" on Netflix. Watched the full first season, while 20 mins ago it started to lag... (Envied her braids as I played with my hair, and the story was nice along with the looking into beliefs).

Well this has been my mostly least tracked challenge, other than notes of what I learned. Pretty much learned that doing the steps to prevent depression and help my brain think better. Along with the new job, and still trying to keep at it in regular life. "Bouncer the Resilient" ended up reminding me at the end of the month when I fell apart or feeling down. I have  a much longer journey to feel like a capable adult. Thanks all for hearing me out this last month, not a lot of tears luckily but a lot of complaining none the less.

Like I said before, I need to take little birdy steps very seriously. Be kind to myself, and try to help myself.

Realized this last week a lot of my goals really relate to the Druids. So I'm going to try out them out the next one around. Still keep in touch with all you amazing people (another reason I want to have a smart phone.... Another excuse xD). I think the rest of the summer for sure, and see if that will be what all it takes for me to get the weight off perk.

I see a running theme though with my thinking though. I think I will try a bit of a storyline with my upcoming challenge (first in a long time). I keep wishing for the grass that's greener on the other side, while in reality that isn't true.

• Like 1

Grats on completing your challenge!

• Like 1

Challenges: