Moving off the beaten path

Fluffy

Booooo to potential injuries! I'm sorry about that. I hope it feels better soon. :nevreness: If it's affecting your sleep that definitely sounds like it's more of an issue. It sounds like you're going to overcome that and not let it affect your momentum. I find that inspirational. Love your attitude! And woohoo with the job app! 

Thank you for the websites about meditation! I'll have to look into those. 

• Like 1

Do the best you can until you know better. When you know better, do better. (Maya Angelou)

Current Challenge

Previous I

While browsing around for some inspiration, I saw this and just had to comment. Hi! :D

I'm always excited to see other people using bullet journals. :) I love mine! Since I started it, I've cut my anxiety and upped my productivity. Good luck with it!

• Like 1

Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try. - Gail Devers

Current challenge: New Game

Previous challenges: 2017 Challenges: Strategy 2Strategy 1 | 1-3 1-2 | 1-1 | Reset
2016 Challenges: 432 | 1 | .5

Thanks guys!  Rode the horse again last night, even with her being sluggish, my arm was aching by the end.  Definitely going to be resting that and changing my strength training routine.

I tried a "Hands-Free" Yoga practice this morning as a workout - it was interesting.  Gave my arm/elbow/wrist a rest though.

@Rebel_Timelord So glad you liked the bullet journal idea.  And @Bookish Badger made me think - Why am I not using the comment section in my passion planner AS my bullet journal?!?  Win-win!  I'm going to finish June doing the bullet journal the way I am, but am thinking I will try bullet journaling IN the passion planner next month.

For nutrition - I am a fairly healthy eater as is.  In Summer I usually eat a lot of salad - I am normally eating mainly protein and vegetables for every meal.  We don't eat a lot of pasta (once every 2 months?) and I don't like chips or crackers or any carby things.  Lucky for me, I also don't like fried food or pizza so it cuts out a lot of stuff there.  I am trying to capitalize on the whole nutrition is 80% of the battle idea http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2016/06/14/why-the-biggest-loser-is-making-us-into-losers/

which Steve was just blogging about again recently.  I honestly do NOT want to increase my workouts.  I already workout 4 times a week and 3 of those are before work.  The thought of adding more time/days makes me cranky. :ambivalence: 

It definitely needs more research - maybe making a new veggie recipe every week like Badger said.  Hmmmmmmm

• Like 1

Ok, on another note - kinda/sorta missed my meditation yesterday.  Does it count that I tried and it didn't go well?  Also, anyone do the meditation on an object?  Does a kitten count as an object?  The little trouble maker was the reason meditation didn't get done yesterday.  I did try meditating on him as object but he's so wiggly!  And intent on knocking over water glasses.  Am I mediating on him if I am also keeping him from destroying things?

15 hours ago, Bookish Badger said:

Just keep focusing on loving-kindness while hauling the little bugger out of yet another mess, and you're golden.

Well, I did that!  Lol.  He is so stinking cute - I also really focused on him as an object - not an annoying bundle of fur determined to ruin things.  So I can count it against my goals?  :applouse:

Update!  I've lost track - is this week 2 or three?  Huh.  Anyway, I am using Duolingo daily - it just informed me I am on a 17 day streak (that must mean we are on week 3 of the challenge!)

I am using my bullet journal and my passion planner - I think I will end up blending them eventually.  I did my third new cardio today - so far Zumba, dance and today cardio bodyweight.  I did  better with the cardio bodyweight due to the ability to coordinate those moves!

Meditation is going well, with help from the NF community, I counted the kitten meditation in my goals, so I;m 100%

My arm is still being a pain - it is very sore both to use and to the touch at times - definitely irritated so I have cancelled the 2 push up goals.  I am working on the side planks.  I am getting better, but I can see I won't hit that goal either - still too weak.

All work related goals are good.  Today will be good practice in that arena as I have lost my help.  No new jobs posted this week.

Reading is hit or miss, but I am dong more than I was an as a result less stupid games.

Overall it is going well for non-workout goals.  And the workout goals have shown me where some training holes are, so I just get to improve!

• Like 2

Ok, so apparently I'm confused.  I thought Sat was the last day of the challenge.  Not sure why.  Also not sure why the challenge is ending on a Thursday as far as I can tell.  Maybe I'm just confused (as per the norm)

So updates:  Unfortunately ended up quite ill Fri night out of the blue - horrible sore throat, headache.  Was out for the count Sat - missed my first workout in months.  Did Duolingo though!  I'm getting 100% on that one.

Still working on my journaling - it got a little sporadic as I got busy, but it seems to help.  I killed the pushup goals due to injury.  I've kept up with the work goals, including sitting down with my boss and explaining why this position is un-sustainable.  I think he heard me and I gave him some solid suggestions.  (I'm guessing nothing will change, but I'm trying).  The resume is updated and ready and I'm scanning jobs in case this situation continues to go downhill.  I'm reading a lot more - running about 76% percent of my days up from about 2%.  And I have done different cardio for each of the Mondays.

So, its going ok despite an injury and a sneaky cold.  I still cannot figure out how to post little pictures, so no kitten pics yet. Ahh, and I will give you a horse update next time...it is both good, bad and funny.

1 hour ago, Fluffy said:

Ok, so apparently I'm confused.  I thought Sat was the last day of the challenge.  Not sure why.  Also not sure why the challenge is ending on a Thursday as far as I can tell.  Maybe I'm just confused (as per the norm)

Don't think it's you. I noticed today that in the dates thread it said the challenge would run to July 9th, but the current challenge header shows the 7th. I am counting mine till Saturday.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Fluffy said:

So updates:  Unfortunately ended up quite ill Fri night out of the blue - horrible sore throat, headache.  Was out for the count Sat - missed my first workout in months.  Did Duolingo though!  I'm getting 100% on that one.

Still working on my journaling - it got a little sporadic as I got busy, but it seems to help.  I killed the pushup goals due to injury.  I've kept up with the work goals, including sitting down with my boss and explaining why this position is un-sustainable.  I think he heard me and I gave him some solid suggestions.  (I'm guessing nothing will change, but I'm trying).  The resume is updated and ready and I'm scanning jobs in case this situation continues to go downhill.  I'm reading a lot more - running about 76% percent of my days up from about 2%.  And I have done different cardio for each of the Mondays.

Hope you're on the mend, @Fluffy. Despite some setbacks you're making some great progress. Keep it up!

• Like 2

MY 500 YEAR DIARY  HIKING THE ALLEGHENY NATIONAL FOREST QUEST: 8 TRAILS DOWN, 57 TO GO 

Sounds like you're doing great, despite the sneaky cold! Well done on talking to your boss, that kind of thing can be scary. Hope it helps.

21 hours ago, Fluffy said:

Ahh, and I will give you a horse update next time...it is both good, bad and funny.

Haha oh do please! Those tricksie horses, always getting up to mischief... 

• Like 1

Mucho props to you!!! Talking to your boss about your job can be so nerve-wracking. 

What different cardios have you tried on your Mondays? I like that you switch it up! I think variety would be a good thing to add to my schedule too. 

I'm extending my challenge through Sunday cuz my weeks were going to be Monday through Sunday and I want a full week to finish strong on. I too thought their scheduling was a little weird... 

Sounds like you're doing great despite a stupid cold. I hate getting sick! 

• Like 2

Do the best you can until you know better. When you know better, do better. (Maya Angelou)

Current Challenge

Previous I

Ok, I'm back.  That cold kicked my butt.  Still have the cough - it's messing up my sleep, but it is better.  Still low on energy too, but working on it.  Alright, (drum roll), here is the final on this challenge!

• Duolingo daily - 100%
  • Meditate 3x/week - Missed one becasue of cold - 91%
  • Four different cardios - Complete, they were Zumba, Swimming, Dance, and Cardio Body weight
  • Be able to do 100 push ups during a strength tx workout (current max is 70) - cancelled due to injury
  • Be able to do 3 one arm pushups (current, on knees, with bad form - I want actual good form and full push up position) cancelled due to injury
  • Be able to do 10 side planks with leg lifts  - 50%, can do 10 side planks but no leg lifts.
  • Look for a new job every Sun/Thurs - 100% and applied for 1
  • Research best resume format and update resume - COMPLETE
  • Work on improving current job - streamline documentation more - 90%, worked with IT, final not in production yet
  • Work on improving current job - simplify daily tasks (make 15 shorter go-to plans) - 100% - got 50!
  • Read an actual book (or blog article) 30 min per night before bed  - 71% - but I did read interesting things!

I use the Bullet Journal more, but not daily.  I'm trying to meld the bullet journal with my passion planner.  I also hit some of the bonus goals - I was more social, went out with friends more instead of sitting on the couch (I LOVE my couch), added more music in and did trails with my horse and a friends horse.

I was held up by both a triceps injury (which is much better) and a tough summer cold.  I only missed 1 workout and 1 meditation though.  I felt my fitness suffered this challenge due to injury and illness, but I did great things in other areas.  I am going to put the focus on nutrition in the next challenge and keep that side plank goal!  Since I want to make habits and not just ping around, I may re-visit some old goals in the next challenge as well as add in a simplicity goal.

I am still trying to figure out how to get pictures on here (its making me feel old) but I will get a kitten picture up!  I also owe you the horse-face-plants-me-in-a-pond story..