Once more into the fray -- or training for it, at least. :)

So, I'm starting over. My weight goes up and down a lot, mainly because when life gets to be too much, the first thing I let go of is body consciousness. I turn inward and ignore the whole...being embodied thing. Obviously, the results are stellar. I want to be bigger on the inside, not the outside. So, it's me against the adipose, again.

I've been here before, but I didn't have a lot of luck following through for too long: my life has been a series of crises, lately, and each one has derailed me. Life is unpredictable and commitment is very difficult during crises. I'm really ashamed at my lack of discipline for ending up in this shape, but I am trying to get past that, trying not to let it keep me from making a real effort.

I really want to get my life back together, and that means working on my fitness. Being around others with similar approaches sounds like a good idea. I And, this forum is pretty much awesome. So, I'm here -- and hoping to get through this challenge!

I think I'm a Rebel.

Quests:

1) Get 30 minutes of exercise every day (to get my body moving).

2) Eat three meals a day, instead of binging on convenient junk food (to create stability).

3) Spend 30 minutes each day on meditating or journal writing (to nurture awareness).

Attempting Challenge: November 26 to December 23.

I might want to add some personal stuff. I am...: 38, a writer, a woman, a Texan, a once-upon-goth chick, an academic, a sister and daughter with caregiver responsibilities, a guardian of two cats, a person who is trying to promote a new book and write another, a Rebel who really needs to learn some discipline and commitment to this stuff, a Whovian, a big fan of XMen, a bit of a nomad, and a reader of many books.

Attempting Challenge: November 26 to December 23.