• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

karinajean

karinajean SEIZES SUMMER

I'm finally here!  I'm sorry about the running issues, and those hands look awful. :(   I also am super curious about this mysterious camping trip.  My family is looking at spending a few days camping and hiking at Acadia in a month or so (my injury permitting).  I'm really curious about other cool camping locations up north.  

• Like 3

hi dudes,

I have been having a terrible week 1!

I got slammed at work.

I haven't been sleeping enough.

every morning I wake up exhausted.

I have a bunch of meetings in nyc that are keeping me out late and increasing my drive time.

that said, my week 1 is, like, only at 50%.

I should be home at a reasonable time tonight, aka not after 9pm, and tomorrow I don't have to drive to my site visit (that's reserved for friday!) so I am going to with all intent and purpose get up and do a run.

so, let's STILL DO THIS, let's turn week 1 around.

FOR SERIOUSLIKE.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, MasterOfCows said:

Can't believe I haven't been here until now!  SEIZE SUMMER!

CONSIDER IT SEIZED! ok. not so great so far. it's kind of slippery. but I am sure I can get it.

14 hours ago, Jayniana Jones said:

Following. Which direction are you heading for your mysterious July trip?

we're driving west! heading out to WY for a college visit for Seventeen. it's the only way we will ever get him to sit in the car with us on an epic road trip adventure, and I'm excited to see a broad swath of the countryside with the (not so little anymore) dudes.

3 hours ago, Nymeria said:

I'm finally here!  I'm sorry about the running issues, and those hands look awful. :(   I also am super curious about this mysterious camping trip.  My family is looking at spending a few days camping and hiking at Acadia in a month or so (my injury permitting).  I'm really curious about other cool camping locations up north.  

so for sure, anywhere you want to go camping in NY is gorgeous. there's lots of great camping (NYSDEC campgrounds are very nice - spaces are kind of close to each other, but they're convenient, super cheap, easy to reserve or check availability on-line, and really in pretty parts of the state -- here is an official guidebook!) in the adirondacks and the catskills. I did a camping trip in acadia a million years ago and the hikes are really very scalable, you will be able to do them with your arm no problem, I think.

9 hours ago, Elleica said:

Avocado salad recipe?? Where can I get some? I tried my hand at making guacamole yesterday and well... let's just say I don't want to spoil anything so I am still eating it.. My taste buds are shouting I eat it with nachos but not so sure if that is a good idea. 

zomg this salad is so delicious. I ate so much of it. :)

8 hours ago, Alexandrite said:

Following along!

We also come from the land of avocado (CA) and just recently moved to the land of no avocado (eastern OR) so I am missing my avocado in just about everything I eat. When you live in a place where it drops from trees everywhere you tend to use it in a lot of recipes. Salads for sure, but also have made puddings, cakes, dips, and other random things with it.

Sent by my Navi-powered device!

I wonder sometimes what it would be like to live in a place like CA where citrus and avocado seem to just magically appear!

it sounds AMAZING.

5 hours ago, zenLara said:

Following!!

yay! so far I'm off to a slow start but I will work on some excitement for you soon. :)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, karinajean said:

You can do the thing! Listen, I hear you. I'm feeling so overworked. I'm shoving workouts into my schedule at the expense of other stuff, but something's going to have to give soon.

4 hours ago, karinajean said:

Eff yes. I know how you roll. You got this.

Week 1 ain't over yet. You can still turn this around. You don't need momentum, although it certainly helps. You can break this and overcome it.

We know you can do it. And it's better to do than to not do. So do it already!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, karinajean said:

hi dudes,

I got slammed at work.

I haven't been sleeping enough.

every morning I wake up exhausted.

I have a bunch of meetings in nyc that are keeping me out late and increasing my drive time.

that said, my week 1 is, like, only at 50%.

I should be home at a reasonable time tonight, aka not after 9pm, and tomorrow I don't have to drive to my site visit (that's reserved for friday!) so I am going to with all intent and purpose get up and do a run.

FOR SERIOUSLIKE.

I felt like this my 1st week of my 1st challenge BUT one thing I learned is that NOTHING IS EVER PERMANENT except CHANGE (cliche as it maybe) so yes definitely! You can turn it around! And the week ain't even over yet! 

• Like 1

On 14/06/2016 at 10:29 AM, Mad Hatter said:

Well I don't know how you yanks have bastardised kielbasa. :P But in Poland is a solid source of protein, pretty much only meat and some fat.

I have some bad news for you about the American food industry  ... :-p

22 hours ago, karinajean said:

FOR SERIOUSLIKE.

YOU CAN DO IT!

• Like 1

Sometimes it's hard to get some traction from the get-go, I mean look at the Avengers.

giphy.gif

The point is, to keep going, and you'll get there!

On 6/15/2016 at 6:04 PM, Kishi said:

Week 1 ain't over yet. You can still turn this around. You don't need momentum, although it certainly helps. You can break this and overcome it.

We know you can do it. And it's better to do than to not do. So do it already!

WOO I needed this too!    Twinsies in mind and spirit this week for sure lady.    Good thing we've got a Kishi on our side!

19 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Sometimes it's hard to get some traction from the get-go, I mean look at the Avengers.

giphy.gif

The point is, to keep going, and you'll get there!

Mmmm anything with RDJ makes me smile.   And the message oh so fitting.

Hope things are smoothing out for you chica.   I am feeling the drag and pull of AAGHHH too.   But, let's sing it out loud and pull a blast from our past!

(For serious, me and my bestie would totally sing shout this song every. single. time it came on the radio.)

tumblr_moy4otdibm1s1cgfoo1_500.gif

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

WOO I needed this too!    Twinsies in mind and spirit this week for sure lady.    Good thing we've got a Kishi on our side!

Mmmm anything with RDJ makes me smile.   And the message oh so fitting.

Hope things are smoothing out for you chica.   I am feeling the drag and pull of AAGHHH too.   But, let's sing it out loud and pull a blast from our past!

(For serious, me and my bestie would totally sing shout this song every. single. time it came on the radio.)

tumblr_moy4otdibm1s1cgfoo1_500.gif

This reminds me of Bridesmaids... :) 

tumblr_m2gfw6nYTa1qdojzho1_500.gif

• Like 3

On 6/15/2016 at 10:49 AM, karinajean said:

Yeap.  Same here, but I just got in a great run and strength training session.  Forget about weeks!!  Take each day and bend it to your will like an angry Sith Lord!!!!

• Like 3

HI

Deep Breaths.

I think I found some space! it just took a while to get there.

I MISSED YOU.

just couldn't get here to say so. <3

Last week I wasn't able to catch enough rest on thursday or friday to get up and go.

Friday I met my sister and brother-in-law from the airport, they flew in from London to visit for a week and attend a wedding.

So, they came home with me on friday afternoon, we stopped at the DMV (so R could re-up her American drivers license), a donut shop (because reasons) and the beer shop (because more reasons). Then we had a pedicure and pizza for dinner with a fire in the back yard. basically, the best re-entry to the USA that I could think of.

Sat. I woke up early and went for a short run. I'm super glad I did, although the run was not amazing.

We had a big weekend with taking care of my sis, puppy sitting my dad's dog while they were also at the wedding, and making sure that Twelve had everything he needed to perform in 2 hip hop shows. which were AMAZING. then simple dinner with Seventeen and a beer before going to bed. I basically fell asleep on the floor (dining room this time, not kitchen!) while sitting near the cat who was TOTALLY FREAKED OUT about the dog. they had a cautious detente - they both want to be super close to you all the time, but they did NOT want to look at the other. we settled in like this:

1a51df7b3d3ffbe1076d79e3740784d3.jpg

I slept HORRIBLY on sat. night because both creatures wanted to sleep in bed with us and I was so terrified they would get into a fight. happily, they did not.

Sunday I got up and ran again! and also yoga'ed. I did this post-run yoga program that was actually REALLY DIFFICULT, I was able to do all the poses but not well, and I have a lot of tightness in my legs that impact my ability to do triangle pose and mods well. then we had my dad and my husband's dad (and all the families) over for father's day bbq. and then it was SO hot, and we played croquet with fancy hats (just Twelve, my husband, and I) and I had to help Twelve study for a social studies exam and he was NOT into it but whatever, I am relentless.

Yesterday I was too tired to get up and run, and I was ok with that. I had a reasonable day at work and went home and went to bed at a reasonable time.

Today I got up and was set to go out running but.... it was raining. So I yoga'ed instead. a 30 minute program.

So that was the end of Week 1 and the beginning of Week 2.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, karinajean said:

I MISSED YOU.

ME TOO <3 <3

7 hours ago, karinajean said:

Sunday I got up and ran again! and also yoga'ed. I did this post-run yoga program that was actually REALLY DIFFICULT, I was able to do all the poses but not well, and I have a lot of tightness in my legs that impact my ability to do triangle pose and mods well.

I totally think of Fiji McAlpine's videos as up a level, aka her "intermediate" are totally in my "advanced" category, lol.  Way to go!

21 hours ago, karinajean said:

HI

Deep Breaths.

I think I found some space! it just took a while to get there.

I MISSED YOU.

HI KJ WELCOME BACK

I'm right there with you, ma'am. We survived the week, right? That all sounds like great stuff going on. I love the cat/dog cease-fire photo.

We're gonna get it back on track and kick ass. Grab your swords and hop on your chopper.

• Like 1

Wowzers.    Someone send her some scuba gear since it doesn't look like her schedule will let her come up for air anytime soon!  HAHAHA!      I always admire your ability to push through those insane weeks and come here sounding so upbeat, cheerful and motivated.

Girl you rock so much.  Serious serious rock.

• Like 2