On 6/21/2016 at 2:00 PM, Twilight said:

Aww pets <3

they were so sweet, but seriously like having a pair of fighting toddlers following me around!

6 hours ago, Jonesy said:

That was a very busy week and silly animals. Welcome back! :) 

animals are v. silly. week was v. busy. hi!

23 hours ago, dancezwithkittehz said:

FINALLY CAUGHT UP. OK I know it's only 2 pages but still. Following! 

Crossing fingers that your week 2 goes a bit better for your than your week 1! <3

HIIIII! I am still catching up on yours :)

20 hours ago, annyshay said:

I totally think of Fiji McAlpine's videos as up a level, aka her "intermediate" are totally in my "advanced" category, lol.  Way to go!

HOLY COW THANK YOU FOR THIS. it makes me feel SO much better. she was really tough!

8 hours ago, raptron said:

Busy but like all of that sounds great! 

yeah it's totally great! I mean, that's the seizing summer bit, right?

7 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

HI KJ WELCOME BACK

I'm right there with you, ma'am. We survived the week, right? That all sounds like great stuff going on. I love the cat/dog cease-fire photo.

We're gonna get it back on track and kick ass. Grab your swords and hop on your chopper.

"get to the chopper!"

oh wait wrong chopper.

6 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Wowzers.    Someone send her some scuba gear since it doesn't look like her schedule will let her come up for air anytime soon!  HAHAHA!      I always admire your ability to push through those insane weeks and come here sounding so upbeat, cheerful and motivated.

Girl you rock so much.  Serious serious rock.

lolz wellllllll luckily I'm a mermaid assassin, so I theoretically will be ok underwater. BUT. I would prefer to be a little more amphibious instead of purely aquatic!

• Like 2

last night was tough! I had a meeting in nyc and realized how much work I've signed up to do as secretary/treasurer of my alumni association. I mean. I knew. but this is seriously going to be a lot of work.

this morning I did go for a run, though I really didn't want to. quick 2.5 miles. I realized also that I like running 2ish miles, and I like running 5or 6ish miles, but not so much the inbetweens.

I worked from home today b/c of a drs apt and have a lot of stuff to actually COMPLETE. I didn't get through my to do list! so a little more time at the computer for me, even though really all I want to do is lie down. *sadness*

• Like 3
On 6/23/2016 at 3:53 AM, zenLara said:

Nice to hear from you again, but so sorry that you have been so busy. I hope there is some rest period available soon.

we will be undertaking our epic car journey (3600+ miles in 11 days) soon, so I will have plenty of mental down time even if I am more sleepy because it takes a few days to get used to sleeping in a tent. I'm hopeful I can get all my work set in the next 4 days and do a full de-stress!

21 hours ago, Twilight said:

Can you work at your computer while lying down? ;)

OH, I will talk to management about that one. :)

• Like 4

hello friday!

thursday I had tkd. it was sweaty thursday. I hadn't been to class in a week, I was glad to get there.

with an eye towards my epic car trip, I'm thinking that I am going to try and do some limbering exercises in the morning every morning. so maybe I won't run that often, but I will try to do some kind of tkd forms and basics, hula hoop, and yoga every morning. or just about every morning. that will help with the "STUCK IN A CAR" situation.

this morning I got up and went for a quick 2 mile run. time in at just over 9 minutes per mile. oh and also! I discovered that I had actually been running 2.6 miles when I thought it was 2.5 miles. aaaah. happily I am not that much concerned with record keeping etc., but those days and run times deserve an asterisk.

tonight I'm meeting a friend in nyc for dinner and a movie. I will be home late, but still intend to get up for dojo sat., and then we have to drive to central nj for a friend's 40th.

also just for fun, let me tell you about how I'm looking for a new car - my current car (94 civic) was purchased for $800 over 2 years ago after I crashed my beloved honda insight in a snow storm and wasn't prepared to commit to a newer more expensive car. It is BEAT. It had ~226K miles on it when I bought it and now it's up to 284Kish. I had to put about $1500 of non-regular maintenance into it over the last 2 years, so I would consider my cost per month to be at about $85, which is pretty darn good. the body is full of rust, rear bumper is falling off, there's issues with the front end joints etc., and now, the exhaust is steadily getting louder and this week I am fairly certain my brake pads are fully used up, based on the grinding noises. so, that sounds like more expensive repairs and I don't want to put another $800+ into it. I think it's time to get a new car and sell this one for $400 to a teenager who will tinker on it, repair it, love it and drive it even further into the ground than I have managed to. so, I'm thinking about splurging for a more expensive car this time around, like this civic that is exactly like mine! but with a much nicer body and is actually 1 year older yet with fewer miles. Or maybe switch makes/decades entirely and try out the clown car stylings of the scion xB, which I have always secretly loved. so, I'm playing the craigslist email game. that's a fun distraction.

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, zenLara said:

I'm tired just at thinking of it...

yeah me too... the 4 of us in a small car (our "big" car is the scion xd, maybe marketed as the toyota "urban cruiser" in europe?) and we are all full sized people, three of the four of us are nearly 6 ft tall or higher. but it will be super great, as long as I can get enough sleep at night! we are camping the whole way, with maybe 2 nights over at friends homes.

• Like 1

Hi! Caught up!

Looks like it's been hella busy and that was even before the road trip started. I doubt it's gonna get easier from here.

Fortunately, you're harder than this, and you'll make it work. :)

Not sure if your westerly trek takes you through Wisconsin, but if you are camping and going along highway 94 towards St. Paul, there's a state park in Wisconsin called Willow River that has a pretty waterfall and some trails with great views. 

Also, if you end up near northern Indiana and love gummy candies, the Albanese Candy Factory in Merrillville, Indiana has fresh made gummy candies. They give free samples. Not exactly health food but it's a nice stretch break. Also, the super huge chocolate fountain is fun to see as well. I have a weakness for gummies and we frequently stop there on our way to Ohio to visit family.

Your car setup sounds cozy. I'm sure you'll have fun. There is so much to see along the way.

On 6/25/2016 at 3:19 PM, RogueLibrarian said:

Don't forget to look at the Adventurer quests and see if you qualify for some NFA XP while you're traveling!

OH THANK YOU that is genius, I hadn't even thought of that.

On 6/25/2016 at 5:03 PM, Kishi said:

Hi! Caught up!

Looks like it's been hella busy and that was even before the road trip started. I doubt it's gonna get easier from here.

Fortunately, you're harder than this, and you'll make it work. :)

nope, summer is never about easy but I always try to make it about fun, at least a little. :)

12 hours ago, Jayniana Jones said:

Not sure if your westerly trek takes you through Wisconsin, but if you are camping and going along highway 94 towards St. Paul, there's a state park in Wisconsin called Willow River that has a pretty waterfall and some trails with great views. 

Also, if you end up near northern Indiana and love gummy candies, the Albanese Candy Factory in Merrillville, Indiana has fresh made gummy candies. They give free samples. Not exactly health food but it's a nice stretch break. Also, the super huge chocolate fountain is fun to see as well. I have a weakness for gummies and we frequently stop there on our way to Ohio to visit family.

Your car setup sounds cozy. I'm sure you'll have fun. There is so much to see along the way.

oh my gosh thank you for this amazing suggestion!

I wish we could dip norther into WI, but we are pretty much taking Rt 80 west and Rt 90 back east, just for variety. :) I'll have my national parks passport with me (to collect stamps) and have been looking at roadside america for interesting lunch spots. the candy shop sounds BRILLIANT!

I'm really looking forward to it but getting nervous about having enough time to get places without it being a grueling trip!

• Like 3

I have a lot of fond memories of car trips with my folks when we were kids. My dad had a van and we went camping all the time. We moved from Atlanta to CA when I was a kid and we drove cross country. I'm sure my sister and I drove our folks nuts.

My wife is an only child, and has to look to me for explanations every time there is a TV or movie reference of kids being insane in the back seat during car trips.

• Like 4

MID-CHALLENGE CHECK IN.

GOAL 1:  MORE PROTEIN, MANAGE CALORIES. -- eat more than 120g. protein, eat 2000 cal/day.

I did pretty good on protein, but I slipped a lot on the weekend most lately. my weekly average suffered for last week. But week 1 = 122 g/day and week 2 = 113 g/day.

large.061916nutrientsall.JPG.401c05c51c1large.062616nutrientsall.JPG.5906874a4cf

I'm getting super bored with what I have to do in order to eat all this protein and I am not sure I'm seeing any results. (maybe there would be better results if I was also managing carbs/fat a little better.)

calories are also good  - note this is after taking exercise calories out.

large.loseit_061916.JPG.2e2eb5408bc54299large.loseit_062616.JPG.d3df909a0fa63f06

weight is stable with these things:

large.062616trendweight.JPG.d35ffb23f3a4

GOAL 2: MOVE MY BODY -- DO THINGS. Yoga 1-2x / week, Hooping 30 min/week, Running 2-3x a week. Always TKD.

I didn't do that great!

Week 1 I did running 1x, yoga 1x, and TKD 1x.

Week 2 I managed to run 3x and did yoga 2x. TKD was 2x including dojo sat. I honestly didn't think I'd done this much stuff!!! but I guess I did, go me!

ffd950ffc7cbc781d3af696a198a56b2.jpg

I didn't hula hoop at all, big sadfaces.

GOAL 3: MORE DISCRETE AND USEFUL MEASUREMENTS -- weekly photos, weekly skuplt, weekly tape measure

I got 2x tape measurements and 2x skulpt readings and 2x photos. I need to do this all again, tomorrow I guess. so that's good!

• Like 6
8 hours ago, karinajean said:

have been looking at roadside america for interesting

Another handy resource that I use frequently for planning road trips is http://roadtrippers.com. You can filter by the type of things you want to see along the way. Some of the items that pull up are a hoot.

I like your pretty graphs. From the looks of things, you're doing well considering all the juggling you're doing.

Basically, from what I've read, you are amazing! It looks like your week 2 got back on track and I loveeeee your data!  Also yay roadtrip! We took I-80 all the way when we moved from IA to NJ, it's a great road! A little boring/flat through Iowa, but I'm a fan overall. Depending on how far you are willing to go off of I-80, Riverside,IA-future birthplace of Captain Kirk is a good nerd pilgrimage :)

• Like 1

Awww, the dog and cat are so cute.  Congrats on getting the yoga and running in while managing everything else!!

You commute so much, a new vehicle sounds like it's very much needed.  Something good and reliable.

Excellent summary!  You're doing really well with everything.  Your week 2 exercise is fantastic!

Hope the morning routine helps with sitting in the car that much.  Are you planning on regular rest stops?  Maybe have a game to play or a mini-workout for stops?

• Like 1

Wondering how to trip prep is going! Hoping the weather stays nice and you arent facing any storms we scooted across Wyoming and some other states one time on a trip from CA to Michigan and they closed the freeway right behind us because of wind!

Sent by my Navi-powered device!

• Like 1

^ ha, I hit send too quickly.

This week has been so super busy:

I bought a car on sat, and picked it up on Monday:

db4dc4c580865d6827bd3bc3e91577ac.jpg

My friends 40th bday party on sat (after dojo sat and car buying) was super fun, and I drank way too much.

Sunday I got all our camping stuff out and repackaged between eating lots of small meals and while my husband repacked the wheel bearings on the trailer.

Monday - Wednesday were busy at work! I hit TKD on Tuesday, but that was it. Wednesday we got home at 7ish and between dinner, packing up, making sure the trailer lights work, and doing the last 3 things I hadn't finished in the office .... I was up until after 1AM. Soooo tired.

Thursday we left at 8 to drop the cat at the boarder. She was so pissed. I'm going to miss her a lot.

d4f0f98e0fbe24e18ec59c8672898a0a.jpg

Then: to Ohio! First day in the car was fine. We are McDonald's American breakfast, gas station bbq lunch, and regional chain burgers for dinner.

44e3b1d7796aa3b345d2890685a8d3e1.jpg

Hoteled the night and while Twelve played in the pool I yogaed on the side. That was a good but weird choice.

This morning I woke up early and went for a 3 mile run. I ate almost exclusively eggs at the hotel breakfast (3 hard boiled, some scrambled). We have college visit #1 shortly and I think there's a donut shop that may need investigation.

Things are good!

58431864b680ba364e15609e2cd2faa0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

• Like 7