• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Owlet

Harder Better Faster Stronger: The Owlet Edition

On 22/06/2016 at 1:20 AM, NeverThatBored said:

Running/walking 3-5 miles and obstacles (or burpees if you can't complete the obstacles). Jooooooin us. 

On 22/06/2016 at 8:32 AM, fleaball said:

My explanation was just going to be "death" but this is a little more detailed. 

Haha awesome. That actually sounds really fun, I'm weird like that. I remember doing something like this when I was a a kid, out at the army training base. I was defeated by a tall wall but mud and barbed wire was all good.

Sorry guys I'll reply properly soon, just a busy few days!

2aa57e2247abbbd1df52da4d7b70bd05.jpg

• Like 2

Shoulder is slightly better but now my neck is really sore and I have a nervous twitch/muscle spasm in my arm. I'm also quite tired and apparently one beer (admittedly a strong one, but still..) is enough to make me tipsy lol. Not even 30 and I'm falling apart :o 

Ok, challenge goals:

Fitness: Did a bodyweight workout the other day, focusing on getting better form (esp in squats) rather than speed. I think I've been cheating a lil with squats and not using my glutes enough. I would usually do another workout today but I woke up feeling duper groggy and tired and just couldn't deal with effort. So I did yoga instead, which sadly didn't help my sore neck/shoulder, but was good none-the-less. Will try for a proper workout tomorrow. Run might not happen this week oops. 

Diet: Grain-free the last couple of days during the day but carbs with dinner (and dessert cause nom) In my defence, both dinners were non carb-free because I had to eat out and there weren't many options.

Other goals: Friend goal was met today. An old flatmate (from like 5 years ago I think) is in town this week and wanted to catch up and to be honest I really didn't want to go out tonight but I felt too bad saying no since she's only in the country for a week and I have this goal... so. But actually it was nice, I'm glad I went out since I would've just moped at home and achieved nothing much anyway. Plus she is so bubbly and animated, it's hard not to have a good time when she's around. Even managed to uphold conversation with her friend who I'd never met - not bad for a practicing hermit ;)

Bed time is suffering, as usual. Good excuse last night at least: went to a screening of Aliens at the planetarium. Yeeesh so much suspense in that film. Such a good film in general actually, wish the standard was always that high.

Meditation: Pretty good this week, although a little disrupted due to social engagements. 

Journalling: still nope, apparently I really can't be bothered writing unless there's something big on my mind. 

Will try to get in some good meditation tomorrow since I'll be at my boyfriend's on the weekend for some sort of midwinter christmas thing. 

• Like 5

As far as journaling, what about googling for a list of prompts or something? It's not quite the same as your goal of not writing negative things, but it could help you get used to writing when you don't think you have anything to say?

• Like 1

On 24 June 2016 at 0:30 PM, fleaball said:

As far as journaling, what about googling for a list of prompts or something? It's not quite the same as your goal of not writing negative things, but it could help you get used to writing when you don't think you have anything to say?

Yeah good idea. I think it's the same issue as bedtime... There are just other things I'd rather be doing like watch cat videos and browse NF and read and watch Danish TV... Ok so I'm good at procrastinating stuff that I know would benefit me but there won't be any terrible repurcussions if I don't do it. That was a weird sentence. Oh well. As you were

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cataleya said:

Haha, I love this theme. I also really like your challenges. It looks like a lot but you're gonna crush it!

Thanks, I sure hope so!

Will do a proper week2 roundup tomorrow since it's late here now. Just got back from midwinter christmas dinner with my boyfriend's family... phew. They are not so bad really but I just always find family gatherings pretty exhausting, whether it's my family or not heh. All the usual bickering and poking fun at each other and being wildly inappropriate (that part's ok lol) 

Time to sleep and dream of happy ponies frolicking   

• Like 1

Week 2 Roundup:

Fitness Goals: (Faster Stronger!)

• Complete 1 bodyweight workout per week, with increases in reps or difficulty each week Done
  • Complete 1 workout incorporating 'animal movements' (Gold Medal Bodies) per week, increase difficulty Done
  • Handstand practice 5 days per week, 10 minutes (planking, wall stands to start with) I don't think I managed 5 days but did pretty well
  • 1 yoga session per week, either guided or using a video at home Done
  • 1 run per week, unless it literally rains every day (not impossible at this time of year)  nope
  • Research new workouts, exercises etc, find yoga videos/programs  Done

Another good week fitness-wise, despite feeling sore pretty much every day - initially my shoulder/back, then my neck, then my shins (walking too fast downhill on pavement dammit, should've known better) then a twitch in my arm, and finally sore spine near the base of my neck. 

Diet Goals: (Harder! less fluff more buff)

• 4 grain-free dinners per week. Upping this from the 3-per-week I did last challenge Done
  • 2 grain-free days per week. While I'm at it, might as well do whole days eh Done
  • track what I'm eating. Because I'm curious and because I think this makes me behave better with my eating. Done-ish, could definitely be more consistent with this
  • research diet - I think I eat pretty well, I cook most of my own food and it's pretty healthy. But I'd like to know more about how much protein etc I should be eating, and intermittent fasting and all that kind of stuff.  Not really

Level up your Life Goals: (Better!)

• Meditate every day, morning and evening. I got out of practice with this during the last challenge Done, mostly (slipped a bit over weekend)
  • In bed by 11pm, lights out by 11:45. Also got out of the habit with this, sleep is not going well lately. Poor. Couldn't get to sleep for hours one night. Sleeping in lots.
  • Make an effort to see my friends. This means at least one catch up with a friend every week. I neglected a lot of my friends for the last couple of months as I was flat out painting. I worry about losing them though, and I don't want to be that person who only contacts friends when they need support - I want to be there for my friends when they need support too. Done - lunch with co-workers, dinner and drinks with visiting ex-flat mate
  • Start journaling again, specifically about good stuff. I tend to not write unless I am having a bad time, but that means I end up with a book full of pain and hurt and forget all the good stuff. As it is, I tend to remember traumatic stuff far better than happy stuff, which is a bit shit really. I want to concentrate more on being happy. Will try to do this once a week. Nope lol. 

Pretty good week all-in-all, felt better by the end of it at least. Finally finished a task I've been obsessing over at work for weeks, so that's a relief. Back is still sore (more so after physio appointment today, ugh) Still avoiding doing the goals that don't excite me/seem as critical. Maybe I can attack them this week - only a half week at work since I'm visiting Dad, so might be a good chance to focus on other goals. Fitness goals will be tricky to meet this week with the change in routine. We'll see... 

• Like 3

PS I totally resisted the seductive carb-y treats at work today... it was so hard :'( But I just grabbed some fruit and made my coffee and ran away as fast as I could (without actually running 'cause there is no way I'd waste even a drop of precious coffee by spilling it) Mondays are torture for avoiding grains! Will be hard to do at Dad's though, I don't like being difficult for people, so I'll get my grain-free-ness out of the way early in the week. Graaaaaiiiinnssss 

• Like 3

Finally finished a task I've been obsessing over at work for weeks, so that's a relief. Back is still sore (more so after physio appointment today, ugh) Still avoiding doing the goals that don't excite me/seem as critical. Maybe I can attack them this week

That's awesome with the task!! 

And yes, let's attack ALL the things this week!

• Like 1

Swear to God, I seem to find a new way to hurt myself every day. This morning my back was still sore (pretty sure I have bruises after that physio appointment...) and my throat was feeling a bit sore, worried I might be getting sick. Felt tired and sluggish all day and actually cut my workout short because I felt shitty. Ordered soup for lunch as a special treat but they took ages making it (probably not that long but I was anxious to get back to work) so by the time I got it I was hungry and in a rush and drank it way too quickly. I now have a burnt throat and stomach grrr. Still, potentially the best excuse I've ever had to eat ice cream ;) 

Was late to bed again last night... ugh. I just had to finish the episode of 1864 I was on, it's so gripping! Will try harder tonight. Missed this morning's meditation but did evening session. Grain-free all day and about to make a thai curry with cauliflower rice. Finished some more (easy) tasks at work so I was able to leave a little early phew. Mini holiday starts tomorrow :D Now all I need is kitty cat cuddles.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Owlet said:

Still, potentially the best excuse I've ever had to eat ice cream ;) 

Oh no, everything at once. But you found a way to make the best out of it :D Hope your throat gets better soon and you won't get sick!

Was late to bed again last night... ugh. I just had to finish the episode of 1864 I was on, it's so gripping! Will try harder tonight. Missed this morning's meditation but did evening session. Grain-free all day and about to make a thai curry with cauliflower rice. Finished some more (easy) tasks at work so I was able to leave a little early phew. Mini holiday starts tomorrow :D Now all I need is kitty cat cuddles.

Yay, the cuddles :) You managed to make the best out of everything, despite minor setbacks, sounds like you're doing great! Enjoy the holiday! 

update: the frying pan spat boiling hot oil in my eye when I was cooking aghhh. I really should've just stayed in bed today I think! Thank goodness the rest of the week will be fun and easy! 

1 hour ago, Pyralis said:

Yay, the cuddles :) You managed to make the best out of everything, despite minor setbacks, sounds like you're doing great! Enjoy the holiday! 

3 hours ago, Owlet said:

update: the frying pan spat boiling hot oil in my eye when I was cooking aghhh. I really should've just stayed in bed today I think! Thank goodness the rest of the week will be fun and easy! 

Yah, you totally had a should have stayed in bed day!  UGH.  hate those.  The good news is...holiday!  And you are rocking out those goals.  Did you re-book horse back riding? 

On 26/6/2016 at 1:19 PM, Owlet said:

Just got back from midwinter christmas dinner with my boyfriend's family

I may need some context here. Christmas?

On 27/6/2016 at 10:58 AM, Owlet said:

Pretty good week all-in-all

Agree!! So much green!

11 hours ago, Fluffy said:

Yah, you totally had a should have stayed in bed day!  UGH.  hate those.  The good news is...holiday!  And you are rocking out those goals.  Did you re-book horse back riding? 

Yeah! Holiday! And yup, I sure did :D Next wednesday, can't wait!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, zenLara said:

I may need some context here. Christmas?

Agree!! So much green!

Haha well I guess it's a hangover from the fact that we are an English colony and while their Christmas is in the middle of winter, ours is midsummer. So as well as celebrating the winter solstice, I guess someone decided celebrating a mini Christmas in winter too would be fun, for nostalgia's sake. I dunno, not many people do it here to be honest. And I don't think anyone at the table was feeling particularly fond of England after the whole Brexit thing. Just an excuse to eat turkey really.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fleaball said:

Jesus, when I finally get myself a giant hamster ball to live in without getting hurt, I'm ordering you a matching one.

Haha yusss! Thanks! I'm sure Amazon has something ;) 

• Like 1

Brrrrrr.  Holidays are great and all but damn it's cold here! Lots of blankets on the bed but it's still a stone house in the middle of winter with no heating.. Hmmm.  Improvised by filling my drink bottle with hot water. Fully dressed in bed too, what a Charlie haha. Still, looking forward to tomorrow - the farrier is coming to deal with the horses' hooves so we will be up early trying to get all the mud off them. Bit nervous because they are much bigger than most horses I've dealt with, and not very well mannered. Fingers crossed I don't get flattened lol.  

No exercise today tsk, ran out of time and forgot. Well on track to meet bedtime goal though for once. Grain-free today except for a small bowl of Bircher muesli this morning. Meditation done. 

• Like 4

Well I finally warmed up at some point last night and was able to take off my (2!) jerseys and my jeans lol. Cold wind today but otherwise a beautiful day. Managed to get the worst of the mud off the horses before the farrier came, then watched and tried to help keep the horses still while their hooves were trimmed. They weren't very well behaved though, especially the colt - had his ears pinned back the whole time and tried to bite the farrier. They were moving around a lot too so it was a bit nerve wracking but we got there in the end. Showed dad some YouTube videos on horsemanship with great tips on training horses to be respectful and less anxious, and he agreed he needs to buckle down and do some proper training with them. Phew! Not sure what the afternoon will entail but I'm feeling a bit restless so might do some quick exercises and handstand training. No other goals met today (as expected) but I did at least have the lights out by 11:20 last night, and woke up before 8 without an alarm. Farm life suits me I think heh. 

• Like 3

Physio exercises, wall squats, and a 60 second plank done, followed by odd jobs with dad that turned out to be somewhat physical. Even managed some meditation woo! Now it's time for a cup of tea and cheese while dinner cooks :) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Owlet said:

Physio exercises, wall squats, and a 60 second plank done, followed by odd jobs with dad that turned out to be somewhat physical. Even managed some meditation woo! Now it's time for a cup of tea and cheese while dinner cooks :) 

Hooray for exercises! Reading your thread is such a trip. It's 12:45am here and you're talking about dinner. 

• Like 1