Blonde-E tries this Rangering thing

Blonde-E

6 hours ago, Blonde-E said:

Ok you guys are going to have to wait another day for my week 1 wrap up. I had to spend the evening troubling shooting my washing machine...I think I made it worse. Now I have to go figure out what I can possibly wear to work tomorrow...

You might have to wear your supersuit. If that is still clean.

images.jpg

• Like 1

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

On 6/21/2016 at 4:33 AM, Charlotte S said:

You might have to wear your supersuit. If that is still clean.

images.jpg

200_s.gif

HAHA yes!!! Thanks for the inspiration, I pulled out a dress, my form of super suit.

8 hours ago, Raxie said:

Eek! Hope everything is OK with your washing machine - problems with appliances can be so annoying!

Waiting in anticipation for your update!

giphy.gif

Love the gif! Must work on improving my gif game. But its difficult on my phone. 

Week 1 Wrap Up

Sorry for the delay! The weekends are really busy around here and I dont spend much time on my computer. Lets see here...what did I do this weekend?

Friday was a rest day, turns out my muscles didnt like all that exercise on Thursday, I had some annoying DOMS and decided to go easy on Friday...which seeped into Saturday too, but we did go to a concert in the park and tried out the ice cream place that has alcohol infused flavors! Oh wait, thats not fitnessy at all, hehe.

We are remodeling our basement (not by choice) and we worked down there all weekend so I count that as all adulting. This weekend was the new laundry room floor. Fun stuff! Sunday evening I also went out for a run. Upped from 90/90 run walk to 90/60 run walk. 90 seconds run is still challenging, but it felt more right. Also made it my fastest time so far with a good sprint to the finish line. 

BlZqNwA.jpg

Then I laid in the grass for like ever. LOL

So over all, Week 1 went pretty well. I got all three runs in which is a first for me, and only missed out on yoga. The only real hang up was the food. I was really frustrated with the appearance of the stomach monster on Tuesday, 4 days into eating clean. Made me think to heck with it and I have been eating all the things since and feeling fine. My leading theory at this point was that there was soy in my lunch that day, and I haven't eaten anything with obvious soy in it since then. Perhaps I will try some soy sauce on rice this weekend and see what happens. BUT, thats ok, because the whole goal of that challenge item is to figure out what the cause is. 

Over all I give this week a B/B-, there is still room for improvement but over all Im on the right track.

OK WEEK 1 down! Onward with week 2!

• Like 4

Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it - Charles Swindoll

Current Challenge

Typos? - I blame the phone

Week 2 Days 1, 2, & 3

Soooo this week got off to a rough start. Had to do laundry on Monday night, but the washer wouldn't start after moving it around for the remodel this weekend. Eventually, the engineer in my got the better of me and I started dismantling things. (See video)

The result, I manged to get the washer to start, the downside, then the pump was leaking like a sieve and I got to bless the new laundry room floor. Admitting defeat for the night, I pulled out my super suit the next morning, thanks @Charlotte S! Went to work, called the repair man, then decided I wasn't ready to give up so I came home and managed to get the washer back together before the repair man showed up! Yes one win for me!

I used the rest of the time to start in on my closet project. I just about have everything back in place. Yay! Clean clothes!

Needless to say...Monday and Tuesday were a complete loss for me challenge wise, except the closet. Today, I went to the gym and did a few squats for the mini. Food is still a mess, but as I said in my last post, I have a plan for testing the soy theory. OH!!! And I bought the protein powder @Raxie was talking about on her thread...at least I think it was your thread! Super excited to try a new breakfast option next week. 

Anyways, now that the crisis has been adverted at home, I am going to get back on track tomorrow. I need to go for a run, got that 5K on Saturday to prep for. Plus I need to get all caught up on all the threads. 

• Like 4

Current Challenge

On 6/23/2016 at 7:34 AM, Raxie said:

Oh I hope you like it!!

I am going to try it for breakfast tomorrow! Super excited.

Week 2 Days 4 & 5

Well another few days down. TOM has not been nice to me this week. Almost all motivation has been sapped. BUT I do have some good news too!

First off, I got my 50 squats in for the mini! Super proud of the the fact that I knocked those out on Wednesday and Thursday. I might even shoot for another 50 seeing as I have quite a bit of time left in the week.

Other than that its kinda been a sad week for sports, both the 5k and my soccer game were cancelled this week *super sad face* and we found out my team mate broke his ribs in our game last week. I made up for the lack of soccer by going out to kick a ball around with my husband last night. Then I was feeling all ambitious so I had him time me for a base line sprint in our driveway. Even better, my fitbit is telling me we were out for 40 minutes yesterday when I figured it was only about 30. If my stomach settles down here I might just go for a run tonight.

Food is ...well heres a story that about sums up my food this week.

I went to Starbucks this morning to get a hot tea, nothing added, just tea. I have about a 50% success rate at ordering hot tea, the baristas always seem to think I want a chai tea latte. Today was no different and I was handed a venti chai tea latte. So whatever, guess I will drink that. I sent feedback to Starbucks complaining about how this always happens. The response I got: "We're sorry you are having difficulty ordering a hot chai tea latte"

Double-Facepalm-Gif-02.jpg

The moral of this story...I set out with the best intentions, but someone (usually me) always seems to mess up the plan. But heres the good news this week. Something has really clicked for me this week and all of a sudden I seem to believe the whole "you need to fuel yourself well to be able to help others" thing. I feel like I have been a garbage disposal this week and I am not okay with it. It is time to make some serious changes, starting with a revamp of breakfast which is consistently my most unhealthy meal. Along the way I will keep working on figuring out what is on the no eat list, but yeah the change in mentality is refreshing. 

So yeah, look for me to get charged up here in the next few days and maybe even ranger something here....

• Like 5

Current Challenge

Not sure whether to laugh or cry at the Starbuck's story;) Thankfully, my Starbucks does seem to understand what is meant by plain tea. I do struggle in restaurants though because I can't eat dairy. I'll say things like "I can't have dairy so no cheese with my meal" and then they will bring the salad with cheese because that isn't part of the main meal:disgust:

Good for you for revamping breakfast

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-13

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

5 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Not sure whether to laugh or cry at the Starbuck's story;) Thankfully, my Starbucks does seem to understand what is meant by plain tea. I do struggle in restaurants though because I can't eat dairy. I'll say things like "I can't have dairy so no cheese with my meal" and then they will bring the salad with cheese because that isn't part of the main meal:disgust:

Good for you for revamping breakfast

Seriously no dairy isn't a strange request, resturants should be able to figure out how to handle it. I know it's the same for my mom with gluten. She will spend like 5 minutes asking the waiter what is gluten free then get asked if she wants crutons on her salad. 

What is the secret to properly ordering tea from Starbucks? I must test your ways.

Current Challenge

5 hours ago, Blonde-E said:

Seriously no dairy isn't a strange request, resturants should be able to figure out how to handle it. I know it's the same for my mom with gluten. She will spend like 5 minutes asking the waiter what is gluten free then get asked if she wants crutons on her salad. 

What is the secret to properly ordering tea from Starbucks? I must test your ways.

Yeah, I can't do gluten either, and have had the same problems as your mom. Starbucks, hmmm perhaps I use a bit of Jedi mind force? They have different flavored tea bags, and I just order one of those. Only one time did they try and make it a latte. Sometimes they will ask if I want milk added, and I will decline. 

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

The tea drama is funny (and sad). I was just in Mexico and had an incredibly hard time ordering something close to plain coffee with milk. Doesn't really matter because it was personal preference and not a health/diet thing, but a little frustrating.

Congrats on signing up for your race. It sounds really exciting.

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

On 6/24/2016 at 8:11 PM, Blonde-E said:

Something has really clicked for me this week and all of a sudden I seem to believe the whole "you need to fuel yourself well to be able to help others" thing. I feel like I have been a garbage disposal this week and I am not okay with it. It is time to make some serious changes, starting with a revamp of breakfast which is consistently my most unhealthy meal. Along the way I will keep working on figuring out what is on the no eat list, but yeah the change in mentality is refreshing. 

So yeah, look for me to get charged up here in the next few days and maybe even ranger something here....

You've totally got this! That's a great realization to have.  And some great motivation for the mid-challenge doldroms some of us might be having :D

On 25/6/2016 at 1:59 PM, Blonde-E said:

1. Order tea

2. Upon delivery, open top and check

3. If the content is not what you ordered, tell the barista "excuse me, that's not what I ordered" and have them deliver the proper thing

• Like 3
On June 24, 2016 at 8:11 PM, Blonde-E said:

It is time to make some serious changes, starting with a revamp of breakfast which is consistently my most unhealthy meal. Along the way I will keep working on figuring out what is on the no eat list, but yeah the change in mentality is refreshing. 

Change is good. Revamping breakfast is a great place to start. Take it one meal at a time.

• Like 1

Ranger/Recruit/Professional Do-gooder

Challenge #1Challenge #2, Challenge #3, Challenge #4, Challenge #5, Challenge #6

Challenge #7, Challenge #8Challenge #9, Challenge #10, Challenge #11,

Challenge #12, Challenge #13,  Challenge #14,

Challenge #15, Challenge #16 , Current Challenge

"The Hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live." -Buffy Summers

18 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

1. Order tea

2. Upon delivery, open top and check

3. If the content is not what you ordered, tell the barista "excuse me, that's not what I ordered" and have them deliver the proper thing

This is pretty much what I do upon ordering anything. Can't tell you  how many times I ordered I hamburger without cheese at a drive-in, and then got home to find it had cheese.:( Now, I always double check everything I order. And I ask for the correct thing if it's not.