Go Forth, WritingWeaver (Episode 3)

Go Forth, WritingWeaver (Episode 3)

Hey there my friends, Jen here with episode 3. Last challenge helped me build a good base for my fitness habits, although I completely ditched Insanity halfway through. Rebel workout, clean eating and sleep all stayed with me throughout the challenge. I have 2 weeks of the term left, so looking forward to being able to focus 100% of my time on myself and job hunting. Need to do more writing!

Working Out

While she was able to build an excellent daily routine, Ali is determined to become stronger to face the challenges before her. Strength training and cardio will continue in her morning routine. Ideally, the goal is to safely drop 16-24lbs by mid August. Clean (Paleo) eating will be included in this goal as well, however, I am also going to challenge myself to reducing my weekday dinner meals with vegetarian options. Just to see if I can.  

-          Training will include:

o   MWF – Rebel Strength Guide lvl2

o   T, TH –Zombie Run

o   W – Yoga

Write Everyday!

I’ve been all over the place lately with writing, not being able to focus on one project at a time. This is why I rarely finish projects, but this changes now. I will spend at least 30 minutes every day without internet, gaming or distractions and focus on one story this challenge.

-          30 minutes, no distractions

-          I will allow music (no lyrics) for creative inspiration

Deep Clean My Room!

Although Ali doesn’t have a permanent place to call home at this moment in her journey, I do and I realize I still have too much crap. I have to go through everything, plus some things I have in the basement from previous ‘cleaning’ attempts (boo! hiding things in the basement). I had this goal last challenge, and although I thought it would be an easy task, it wasn’t as I kept getting distracted by things I found.

0be38e9a-d94e-481f-867a-f6419603bd12_zps

• Like 2

Weight Loss. 195lbs -> 135lbs (60lbs target loss)

0%
0%

Update: Workouts have been a little mixed up these last 2 days to avoid further injury of random pain in my hip. Did 20 minutes of yoga yesterday and today it's gone :)

Today, I jogged around the block and realized how much I need to improve as I had to stop and walk. Thursday, I will be pushing myself to go further than just around the block. Clean eating is going very well, glad to see previous success carrying over ^_^

Writing is going well too, I realize how quiet everything is when disconnected from everything (good thing I have music). Summary started, characters fleshed out and plot almost completed!

Tomorrow after work and after working out, I am going to move all my furniture (2 bookcases, dresser and bed) out of my room and vacuum, then wash walls and window. This goal is almost finished! Will have to come up with a smaller goal when it is for the rest of the challenge! 

• Like 2

0%
0%
12 hours ago, WritingWeaver said:

Update: Workouts have been a little mixed up these last 2 days to avoid further injury of random pain in my hip. Did 20 minutes of yoga yesterday and today it's gone :)

Today, I jogged around the block and realized how much I need to improve as I had to stop and walk. Thursday, I will be pushing myself to go further than just around the block. Clean eating is going very well, glad to see previous success carrying over ^_^

Writing is going well too, I realize how quiet everything is when disconnected from everything (good thing I have music). Summary started, characters fleshed out and plot almost completed!

Tomorrow after work and after working out, I am going to move all my furniture (2 bookcases, dresser and bed) out of my room and vacuum, then wash walls and window. This goal is almost finished! Will have to come up with a smaller goal when it is for the rest of the challenge! 

Glad to hear the yoga helped your pain, it's great for realigning bits of your body you didn't realise had been knocked out of alignment! 

• Like 1

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Update: I missed Friday's workout. Boo! No excuses, no reason, I just procrastinated and was too late. This means Monday workout is going to be the most important and I'm giving 110% effort. The week was good for clean eating, but this weekend with it being Fathers Day, I ate a lot of junk (and cake). I feel a little better tonight and looking forward to our 'cook something new' mini challenge.

Writing is going very well! Fleshed out all characters and 90% of the plot. Started writing chapter 1 as well, but I have an essay and 20 minute group presentation to write for Thursday (last class of the term), so I'll be limited in what I can dedicate to my story. 

Room cleaning is also going quicker than I thought! Washed all the clothes and got rid of some, threw out a bunch of papers and junk I don't need. I also washed and cleaned my dresser and bookshelves. Tomorrow, I am going to pick up some cleaner and wash the carpet after moving everything out of my room. 

Main goal for this week: Apply for 3 different jobs. And don't miss workouts!!!

• Like 2

0%
0%

Monday workout complete! 

Essay 85% done

Group presentation rewrite - 70% done

Didn't do any cleaning today. I came home from work, worked on my essay and fell asleep for 3 hours. Will be doing some job hunting tomorrow after I work on my essay and group work. 

I applied for a music school receptionist last week and although it is a little out of the way, I hope I am selected for an interview. I love playing music (ukulele) and I know I will be much happier in this position ^_^  *Fingers Crossed*

• Like 1

0%
0%

School is finished for the term! Woot! Presentation went very well.

Workouts were okay, I certainly could have put more effort into them, though I did complete them all last week. Clean eating went out the window on Friday, but as of now (Sunday evening) I'm getting back on the wagon :D

My one non-paleo thing I'm allowing myself to have is peach iced tea (from powder). 

I tackled my window yesterday and thankfully I didn't come across any spiders, just the webs. I found that there was a open space below the window crank, so I temporarily stuffed a sock into it to keep any more visitors out.

Haven't done very much writing this week due to the essay and presentation, but this will start back up tomorrow as well. Essentially, my normal routine will be re-starting tomorrow morning. 

I found an interesting way to relax while facing a little fear. I sat on the deck with a cold glass of peach iced tea and practiced on my ukulele for an hour as the dog hung around. It was fun! 

Also, job hunting is still on the go

0%
0%