Everyone ready for the new challenge?!

What is everyone's mileage goal for this challenge?

I am training for another triathlon, so I am gonna shoot for 7 miles average per day this go around!

For 28 days, that is an additional 196, which will bring my total to 765 by July 9.

Let's Get It!!

Woo, thanks for the awesome spreadsheet. I've been needing to get back on track with my 5K training after I visiting with my parents out-of-state. Will be tracking the walk (er, run) immediately with the help of my nifty Nike Running app. :flustered:

• Like 1

"Progress is a tension between the notion of perfection and the notion that striving, not finding, is important." - Zebrowski

My pet project shirt store: Grabthar's Hamper 

Welcome!!!!  

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

On 6/19/2016 at 10:26 AM, Alice_In_Hell said:

Woo, thanks for the awesome spreadsheet. I've been needing to get back on track with my 5K training after I visiting with my parents out-of-state. Will be tracking the walk (er, run) immediately with the help of my nifty Nike Running app. :flustered:

WooHoo! Glad to have you!!

This Walk to Mordor is no joke! This is going to take years of dedication to tracking lol. 

Anyone know anyone that has actually tracked it all the way through?

Them crazy Hobitzes!!

• Like 2
On 6/21/2016 at 8:04 AM, charlomechfry said:

WooHoo! Glad to have you!!

This Walk to Mordor is no joke! This is going to take years of dedication to tracking lol. 

Anyone know anyone that has actually tracked it all the way through?

Them crazy Hobitzes!!

I've heard rumors from nerdy walking types who did track for years to get there and back again.  

According to my FitBit log, I've gone 1,603 miles in the past year.  

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

I made a couple of quick additions to the spreadsheet that should hopefully be useful. Along with the distance to the next destination, I added the distance to Mordor and the Distance until getting back to Bag End. Still working on it, but June should be finished up. Let me know if you see anything wonky.

Hope everyone's Challenge is going Amazing!!

• Like 1

This is entirely your challenge, so it is however you choose to tackle the journey.

I for one do track my bike, swim, runs, hiking, and walking. I also adjust the bike and swim to relate the mileage more to the perceived effort to that of walking or running that same mileage. So I divide all biking miles by 3 and multiply all swimming miles by 3. It is all personal preference.

What is the preferred tracking method everyone else uses?

• Like 2

Ok, great! I like how you're adjusting your mileage based on perceived effort - very nifty idea.

I've been tracking walks, runs, and distance on the exercise bike when I go to the gym. I'm doing pretty intense intervals on that thing so I was itching to count those miles.

• Like 2

"Progress is a tension between the notion of perfection and the notion that striving, not finding, is important." - Zebrowski

My pet project shirt store: Grabthar's Hamper 

I missed my goal by 15 miles, doh.

I hit a pretty rough spell there for about 2 weeks, and a few days of just absolute Blah.

But I am back in action and looking to continue racking up the miles!

For the month of July, my goal is to reach Lothlorien!

I have 21 days and 166 miles left. That equates to averaging... 7.9 miles...

Well, that is going to be tough with 3.5 days of single parent duty, another 3 days of travel, and the fact that I have failed each time I have set a goal (all less distances to boot).

Challenge Accepted!