Hi everyone, I'm finally buckling down and getting serious about losing weight...and for some reason I'm legitimately scared. My husband is extremely excited (we're doing this together), and he's very supportive of me, but I'm actually very worried. I've done all kinds of fitness/diet plans before, and I've succeeded...to a point. I have this pattern of losing a pretty good amount of weight (never hitting goal, though), and then deciding to "treat" myself...which apparently translates into massive self-sabotage. I'm frankly the perfect picture of the yo-yo dieter.

Anyway, some information about me. I'm 34, female, 5'3", and I weigh 280 lbs. Part of what scares me is that on Friday (6/17), my husband and I have an intake appointment with Medi-Weightloss. I know their practices can be controversial (actually due in large part to the expense), but my mother-in-law wanted to do the program, and she has invited us to team up with her. Since she's paying for it, it seems crazy not to give it a shot. I'm scared because I have been doing research and I know they are very much into the keto lifestyle, which is great...except I love carbs. Like...it's obviously unhealthy. When I'm eating a meal that has proteins and carbs, I power through the protein source (usually a small piece of meat) just to get to the carbs (usually double if not triple the suggested serving size). Are we surprised that I'm the size I am? (Oh, I'm also dealing with destructive thoughts...so...that's fun.)

My husband and I have technically been members of the Nerd Fitness Academy since the beginning of the year, but we've been going through some pretty big life changes in the past several months, and they have been excellent fodder for excuses. I feel like I need to do something now, or else it really will be too late. (And, honestly, I'm fearful that it already is.)

So...that's me. Oh, and my user name, Shakesbrarian, is because I'm a Shakespearean going through a career transition into being a librarian (which is legitimately so much fun). I look forward to meeting some of you. Thanks for taking the time to read!

Welcome to the forums!  I just got here yesterday myself so, you know, newbies unite!  Sounds like we have a pretty similar history with the yo-yoing.  Personally, I've never had any accountability, which is why I've been so prone to self-sabotage, but also why I came here.

I'm from Canada, and I've never heard of Medi-Weightloss, but I hope it works out for you and your husband! At least if you're not paying for it, it might take some of the pressure off.

Best of luck!