[Miss Agent G] Grinding...

There are several goals I'm looking to hit but none of them can be accomplished in four weeks currently. So for this challenge, I'm just looking to stick with a workout plan I've developed that will help me work towards my goal. I have made me a handy dandy template (attached below). My overarching goals:

• Sub 6 minute mile
  • Full Splits (middle and side)
  • 20 pull up max
  • 1 minute free standing handstand
  • Pistol squat (it looks so simple...but it's so hard!)

This is a pretty ambitious list. I have never done anything on this list and I am not close to any of it now. First things first... Training. 

My plan is broken up in two strength days, two skill building days and two flexibility days with cardio workouts tack onto three workouts a week. I'm pretty busy (Husband, kids, job... job...job) and the schedule switches up every week. I need to start each week by planning when I can fit all my workouts in. Then I need to actually do all my workouts. Life be damned!

So this week (starting tomorrow):

13th- Flexibility

14th- morning run, Skill building

15th- Strength

16th- interval run, Skill building

17th- Flexibility

18th- morning run, Strength

Wish me luck:)

6-12-16 workout template.png

• Like 1

Class/Profession: Human Assassin wannabe

Current Abilities: None yet

Current Challenge: Grinding

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."  ~ Theodore Rosevelt

I can rock a chart!

So far, I'm on track. Only ran 2 miles yesterday because I'm getting over a summer cold. I am looking to get pics of current split/backbend progressions up soon. I rarely see people post stuff like that. I think it will help other people to see how fast/slow it is to gain flexibility for a middle age person (I'm 35).

Also, my 10 year old daughter asked me to wake her up in the morning so she can run with me :excitement:!!! My kids aren't very athletic, so I'm loving this!

• Like 1

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."  ~ Theodore Rosevelt

I'd like to object to the use of "middle aged" to describe us 35 -year olds. :P.

Other than that, though, looks like you've got a good plan and the chart building skills to keep it organized. ^^

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Level 0 Air Nomad Assassin
STR: 0 STA: 0 DEX: 0 CON: 0 WIS: 0 CHA: 0

Current Challenge: [Url= http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/80570-phayze-accepts-an-apprenticeship-as-an-airbender-respawn/]Apprentice Airbender![/url]

Check Out My LEGO Stuff on Flickr!
"The next golden age of human achievement begins here and now" -Neil Degrasse Tyson, Cosmos

Well, my daughter didn't push me so much as I walked with her. She has never run like that before though. Gonna have to build her up. I remember how hard it was for me when I started running. I will have to make it up to get my weekly goal in.

I don't have too much longer before it gets too painfully hot is SC to stand running. Even at 5:30 in the morning...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 6/16/2016 at 3:20 AM, Miss Agent G said:

I can rock a chart!

So far, I'm on track. Only ran 2 miles yesterday because I'm getting over a summer cold. I am looking to get pics of current split/backbend progressions up soon. I rarely see people post stuff like that. I think it will help other people to see how fast/slow it is to gain flexibility for a middle age person (I'm 35).

Also, my 10 year old daughter asked me to wake her up in the morning so she can run with me :excitement:!!! My kids aren't very athletic, so I'm loving this!

Progression photos would be great! And that's so cool your daughter wanted to run with you :) I haated running as a kid, when it was compulsory at school. But as a teenager I started running to get fit and my dad would accompany me on his bicycle haha. Fond memories, no doubt your daughter will cherish the memories too. That's a formidable list of strength exercises, I'm impressed! Following along to watch your progress.

Ok, here are some pics from about a year ago. I have done some stretching, but usually just along with typical workouts.

stretches feb 25 2015-small.png

• Like 1

Stretch progression today. A decent amount of improvement in backbends, less so with splits. But I didn't do a sustain and organized flexibility program.

Stretches-6-17-16 small.jpg

• Like 3

Hey, that split is looking pretty good! You'll be on the floor in no time. ^^

I just started working on mine last challenge, so I've got a long way to go. I'll keep an eye on your progress for inspiration!

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Level 0 Air Nomad Assassin
STR: 0 STA: 0 DEX: 0 CON: 0 WIS: 0 CHA: 0

Current Challenge: [Url= http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/80570-phayze-accepts-an-apprenticeship-as-an-airbender-respawn/]Apprentice Airbender![/url]

Check Out My LEGO Stuff on Flickr!
"The next golden age of human achievement begins here and now" -Neil Degrasse Tyson, Cosmos

Ok, this week

Monday- Flexibilty

Tuesday- Run/Skill

Wednesday- Strength

Thursday- Run/Skill

Friday- Flexibility

Saturday- Run/Strength.

• Like 1