Jump to content

Mitch Dee steps back on the mats…and back into NF


mitch_dee

Recommended Posts

Putting this up real fast due to coming back the night a challenge started...plus, do frivolous details real matter…

  • Goal 1: Track my attempted paleo-ish intake

    • Yippee, back to tracking food…..but not only that, I am also trying to go at least 80/20.  This will be done by weekly meal prepping so most all meals will be measured and ready to eat.

    • Target: track all intake into MFP and make at least 16 meals in the week as paleo-ish.

  • Goal 2:  Tackle the Academy

    • I have logged back into the newly improved NF Academy and have started the Body Weight track and am starting at level 2.

    • Target: 3 NF Academy BW workouts a week.

  • Goal 3:  Get on the mats

    • I have finally returned to training back at the academy, now to make it a priority.

    • Target: train 3 times a week

  • Goal 4:  Sleep

    • With so much going on and training again I need sleep…well more/better sleep.

    • Target:  bedtime is 2230 so I get at least 6 hours a night.

Again, making this fast as I just saw a new challenge started and its 32 mins past my bed time.

  • Like 2

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

 

Link to comment

Was trying to remember where I had seen your NF username before and then it hit me that we used to Clash of Clans together. :)  

 

Subbing to follow along.  Can I ask what level BJJ belt you have?  I've been listening to the Jocko Podcast a lot lately, and the two hosts are avid BJJ guys and it's had me debating seriously about getting into a gym 1 or 2 times a week to give it a go.  

Link to comment
On 6/13/2016 at 0:04 AM, Kishi said:

Frivolous details do not matter.

 

Welcome back! Good luck with all of this! Let us know how you like the new academy!

Hey Kishi, thanks for the welcome, I'm hoping I'll actually stick around this time...lol

 

11 hours ago, Rooks said:

Subbing to follow along.  Can I ask what level BJJ belt you have?  I've been listening to the Jocko Podcast a lot lately, and the two hosts are avid BJJ guys and it's had me debating seriously about getting into a gym 1 or 2 times a week to give it a go.  

Rooks, I am only a white belt, I have trained on and off for about 3-4 years now.  I absolutely love bjj and recommend it to everyone.  The main thing in my eyes is finding a good school you are comfortable at...the training is hard enough and people weed out easily so it's best to be surrounded by people who you ar comfortable with and that you can truly learn from.  I forget where you are located, but if you want I can ask around about schools in your area.

 

Update to come soon...

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

 

Link to comment
13 hours ago, Rooks said:

Was trying to remember where I had seen your NF username before and then it hit me that we used to Clash of Clans together. :)  

 

Subbing to follow along.  Can I ask what level BJJ belt you have?  I've been listening to the Jocko Podcast a lot lately, and the two hosts are avid BJJ guys and it's had me debating seriously about getting into a gym 1 or 2 times a week to give it a go.  

 

Do it!!! BJJ is life changing, and you will not regret it. :) 

  • Like 1

Current Challenge, 8765, 4321

 

"Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work."

- Stephen King

Link to comment
12 hours ago, mitch_dee said:

Rooks, I am only a white belt, I have trained on and off for about 3-4 years now.  I absolutely love bjj and recommend it to everyone.  The main thing in my eyes is finding a good school you are comfortable at...the training is hard enough and people weed out easily so it's best to be surrounded by people who you ar comfortable with and that you can truly learn from.  I forget where you are located, but if you want I can ask around about schools in your area.

 

Update to come soon...

 

10 hours ago, courtneyc said:

 

Do it!!! BJJ is life changing, and you will not regret it. :) 

 

Yeah.  I've been longing to get back to wrestling somehow (was thinking about trying my hand at coaching if I could squeeze it), but lately I've been thinking maybe just a new grappling would be a better approach.  

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines