Hi! I'm Steve. I've only been reading Nerd Fitness for a few days, but I've plowed through at least a hundred pages worth. Before discovering the site, I committed to doing Tough Mudder in April. This has been my inspiration to gain ability. Weight loss would be nice--I'm 6'1" and 230 pounds, not nearly enough of which is muscle. However, I'm more after functional strength at this point--the bodyweight ability I'll need to navigate Tough Mudder's obstacles. I've never worked much on sprinting, but at my naturally slow pace I can go 9ish miles so far in my Vibrams. I did Power 90 about a year ago, but I've lost most of the strength I gained there.

Over the past few days I've been inspired to start Paleo and really up my strength training. Shaky startout with the strength training, but I am shocked at how energized I feel after just 3 days of

Paleo!

My superhero identity is the Phoenix, rising from the ashes of an unhealthy past, burning to cinders and reincarnating each workout. Dedicated to creating a better future for myself, for my potential children, and ultimately for society, via pushing myself to become a better stronger man, physically and otherwise. Still working on a theme song...

I'm a huge fan of Doctor Who, Firefly, Terry Pratchett's Discworld, Douglas Adams, and P.G. Wodehouse.

And that's about all that comes to mind to share at the moment!

From my brief but intensive lurking, Steve K and all of you here are incredibly supportive. This is the first time I've ever wanted to join a community for anything fitness-related. Thanks for being awesome!

Half-Aarakocra Scout

STR-2 DEX-3 STA-5 CON-2 WIS-2 CHA-1

Goals (April 30-June 11th):

30 pushups, Swim 50m, Minimum of 2 runs + 1 strength + 1 yoga / week, Flex Maker muscles

...If he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. -T. Roosevelt

Guest guest4729

You had me at Firefly... <3

Glad to see that NF inspired you! When I saw Spezzy's transformation via Pinterest I found Nerd Fitness. I have never been happier to find a forum in my life! I love this community and I know you will, too!

Good luck on reaching your goals!

I'm a huge fan of Doctor Who, Firefly, Terry Pratchett's Discworld, Douglas Adams, and P.G. Wodehouse.

I'm strangely attracted to you now...

I have also had people try to get me into Tough Mudder this year, but there's NO way I'll be ready for that by April. Power to ya!

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides.