Crew of the Flailing Ranger

Zkyrah

Hello team,

@MiaulinTheCat @LadyShello @Charlie_Quinn @Wild Wolf

Based on @IslandGirl_Becks excellent suggestion, here is our ship-specific thread for our Ranger challenge. Maybe we should start with brief intros? I'll go first!

I'm 24, from Southern California, and work as a civil engineering officer in the military. I love all things nerdy but my absolute favorite would be Lord of the Rings Trilogy (plus the Hobbit), Doctor Who, and all things Super!  I joined Nerd Fitness to see how strong and disciplined I could become. My journey isn't necessarily about losing weight but is more focused on becoming an overall better athlete. I want to be an inspiration to other young woman and show that strength is beautiful. 

It's a pleasure to meet all of you and I look forward to kicking butt alongside y'all on this challenge!

• Like 3

"She needed a hero, so that's what she became."

Character Bio and Epic Quests

Challenges:

Battle LogFitbit

Oooooohhhhh this is awesome Zk! Thanks for posting the thread! I'm about to get in 2+ miles for a ruck so I'll post my little bio when I get back ;) This is going to be a lot of fun and I'm stoked that I don't really know Zkyrah and IslandGirl_Becks because I like to make new friends on NF :)

*Wolfie slings into his 25# ruck and looks out into the fading sunlight. He grunts as he shifts the pack on his shoulders and takes off, one foot in front of the other...*

*Edit*

Wolfie's Bio:

I'm 28, from Dallas, Texas and I'm the father of 3 little boys; Racer, Declan and Orin, my wolf pups! I'm married to the love of my life and we just celebrated 6 years of marriage praise God! I'm huge on superheroes, zombies, and most other movies. I'm an average gamer and have been most of my life, thinking back to playing Sega with my dad :). I also love fitness. It's been no stranger to me and shortly after starting my fitness journey, I joined NF back in 2012. My goal is not to lose weight, as I'm already lean, but to stay fit and healthy for my boys so I can do things with them as they get older. I recently hurt my shoulder at the end of Janurary this year (way to stay healthy, eh?), causing an AC joint separation that I've been nursing every since. I am slowly but surely getting back into the swing of things but it's been a journey. For those of you who know me, know that I'm a pretty energetic dude and some would maybe say enthusiastic? Lol. I'm so excited to be in this group and I know we're gonna kick some major tail! Shiver me timbers, we're gonna rock this shiz!

Wolf

• Like 2

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

This is a great idea!

So hey there team, I'm Charlie, 34 years young and living just outside London, England. I love comics, superheros and Doctor Who, pretty much all Sci-Fi really. I'm a complete OCR nut and absolutely love doing anything that challenges me. It's great finding out what my body and mind are capable of when I go out of my comfort zone.

I'm currently recovering from running a half marathon on Sunday that killed my calves! That and work commitments means I won't be able to get out for much walking until the weekend. But don't worry, I promise I won't let my team down. My husband is currently training for an ultra walking challenge, so I've agreed to go walking with his team this Saturday for a 16 mile jaunt through the countryside.

I'm off to find all of your challenges now! Looking forward to meeting all of you! :)

• Like 2

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

Woot Woot!  This is going to be awesome!!

I'm older than all of you so far and that's all you need to know. :)  My 14th wedding anniversary is tomorrow and we have 2 kids, 10 and 8.  I'm in my second year of NF and my goal is to continue to lose weight but also get stronger and be as awesome as possible.  I love superheroes, LotR, Doctor Who (though I haven't been keeping up lately), zombies, spreadsheets, and so much more.   I used to be a bit of a gamer but I don't usually have the time for that anymore.  

I put in 2.25 ruck miles last night but I'm in a Battleship PVP and we're doing a 5k relay.  Those miles were above and beyond my challenge goals but they were for PVP 5k relay shhh, it's a secret so I don't really want to double dip.  I'll finish that 5k up today and start some more miles for you guys.  This is going to be a busy week!  

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

Hi Crew! Pleasure to meat you all! 

My name is Becks, and I think Zkyrah might be my long-lost SoCal cousin. I studied Civil Engineering (Dam[n] Engineer), though I currently work more in Metrology (precision measurement). I live in the Pacific NorthWest; grew up with salt water in my blood.  My nerdy passions started with reading the Lord of the Rings and Chronicles of Narnia, and soon spread to the Star Wars and Star Trek universes.

Fitness-wise, at one point I was a casual distance runner with disordered eating habits. I've sort of left that behind (distance running is something I'm getting back into) and swapped over to more emphasis on strength and holistic health. I want to be strong, lean, and generally prepared for getting stuff done and having fun. I have been doing CrossFit for the last 3 years, paddleboard, am a beginner mountain biker, and love hiking/sailing/shooting/enjoying my food... and trying any challenge my bf comes up with. Currently, he's teaching me how to be ground crew and climb trees as an arborist/lumberjill. 

I'm looking forward to our upcoming adventures! Fair winds, 

-becks

• Like 4

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

tumblr_n3ijnt74FT1sp0p54o4_250.gif

...just kidding.

I'm a 19-year-old (small child :P ) Flailer from Alabama, currently a student and likely to continue being a student for the rest of my natural lifespan. Like many, my Nerdy interests include Lord of the Rings, Narnia, and a tiny bit of Doctor Who as I have not seen any of it after the Ponds' departure. Fantasy in general is my cup of tea. I also happen to write quite a bit of the same, some rather mixed-up tales ranging from Fantasy to practically everything else.

As far as fitness, I'm just trying to get generally, functionally healthy and strong while finding some courage along the way. Emotional foolery has quickly become a focus as well. My previous Challenges (beginning in January of this year) haven't gone so well, so as usual I'm hoping to make this one a success. I've been alive for almost two decades at this point and feel I've wasted a large portion of that time, so my absolute main goal going forward is to not make the same mistakes in the next chapter. 

Looking forward to pillaging with you all! :D

halloween%2B29%2Be.jpg

• Like 3

Matthew 25:34-40

Reporting in with Week 1 challenge progress  - mayhaps a running tally with efforts would fit the bill? Copy, paste, edit, post? 

Contribution: 3 mile run 

Goal: 20 Miles

Current: ... 

• Like 4

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

I'm not sure yet what my goal is... I'll likely have a turn in the 5K relay at least twice and those won't count for this, plus rucking twice a week as part of my goals...  So that's probably 10 miles of rucking that doesn't count.  

May I can get 5 more on top of that...  I should get a little in tonight after I finish my relay.  

• Like 1

Spoiler

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Hello shipmates, 

Quick question for all of you. Because my personal challenge already says "walk 10k steps a day", should I only count the additional steps after that for the mini-challenge? For example, I did a total of 5.71 miles of walking yesterday. I achieved 10K steps after about the first 3 miles, so should I put 2.71 miles towards the mini? Right now I have on the tracker all 5.71 miles. 

All suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

• Like 1

Challenges:

Battle LogFitbit

Does the mini count unintentional miles?  As in intentional miles are miles you get while deliberately walking or taking steps you wouldn't take as part of your normal day.  Unintentional steps are all the ones you get as part of your 10,000 steps from walking to the car, around work, at the grocery store, etc....  If unintentional miles count then I'd say your suggestion works.   *I tend to overthink things so don't go by what I say. :)

• Like 1

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, LadyShello said:

Does the mini count unintentional miles?  As in intentional miles are miles you get while deliberately walking or taking steps you wouldn't take as part of your normal day.  Unintentional steps are all the ones you get as part of your 10,000 steps from walking to the car, around work, at the grocery store, etc....  If unintentional miles count then I'd say your suggestion works.   *I tend to overthink things so don't go by what I say. :)

Well, I count the unintentional miles for my main challenge, so I think it will be easier to just to count anything beyond the 10k as steps/miles for the Flailing Ranger. I will update the tracker accordingly. Also, I just added my Fitbit account link to my signature. Everyone who has an account, feel free to add me! :)

• Like 2

Challenges:

Battle LogFitbit

19 minutes ago, Zkyrah said:

Hello shipmates, 

Quick question for all of you. Because my personal challenge already says "walk 10k steps a day", should I only count the additional steps after that for the mini-challenge? For example, I did a total of 5.71 miles of walking yesterday. I achieved 10K steps after about the first 3 miles, so should I put 2.71 miles towards the mini? Right now I have on the tracker all 5.71 miles. 

All suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

I think the main thread said if you have a certain number as a Challenge Goal already, you're only supposed to count the amount you go over. So probably the 2.71 is right.

• Like 2

Matthew 25:34-40

I agree with Miaulin, +miles count. I try to hit 10k a day; I'm only counting additional/run mileage. The 3mi run today wasn't part of my challenge goals, my bf just wanted to go on a lunchtime run and I was game! 

Team Goal: 20 Miles

Current: 3 Miles

• Like 1

Hi all, just got added last night.

I am 25, and work in youth ministry with inner city middle schoolers. I am a former college offensive linemen and my football weight stayed on me. I joined NF last year with the goal of losing 50 lbs for my wedding last September. I am currently down 65 lbs and just looking to be more athletic and compete in Crossfit. I've always been into nerdy things, especially comic books (huge batman fan), then I got into board games and D&D, and now love reading fantasy. I'm going to walk the dog a little more this week...lol

• Like 4

Human Urban Ranger

Level 2: STR: 5, DEX: 4, STA: 2, CON: 3, WIS: 4, CHA: 1

"He must become greater; I must become less." John 3:30 

CHALLENGE

I got some rucking miles in last night.  I am able to count 1 of those miles for you guys.  I'm officially on the board. 

• Like 1

Spoiler

4 hours ago, Darger said:

I am 25, and work in youth ministry with inner city middle schoolers. I am a former college offensive linemen and my football weight stayed on me. I joined NF last year with the goal of losing 50 lbs for my wedding last September. I am currently down 65 lbs and just looking to be more athletic and compete in Crossfit. I've always been into nerdy things, especially comic books (huge batman fan), then I got into board games and D&D, and now love reading fantasy. I'm going to walk the dog a little more this week...lol

Welcome brother! Good to have ya aboard The Flailing Ranger :) (huge Batman fan myself)

I got in 4.5 miles yesterday with my 25# ruck :) PLUS, 2 miles walking. So my total for the challenge so far is 8.5 miles!

Wolf

• Like 2

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Spoiler

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

12 minutes ago, Wild Wolf said:

I got in 4.5 miles yesterday with my 25# ruck :) PLUS, 2 miles walking. So my total for the challenge so far is 8.5 miles!

Wolf

Beast!!

• Like 1

Human Urban Ranger

Level 2: STR: 5, DEX: 4, STA: 2, CON: 3, WIS: 4, CHA: 1

"He must become greater; I must become less." John 3:30 

CHALLENGE

5 hours ago, Darger said:

Welcome Darger! I'm a huge Batman fan too and am also looking to compete in Crossfit competitions in the future! It's great to have you on the team!

1 hour ago, Wild Wolf said:

Welcome brother! Good to have ya aboard The Flailing Ranger :) (huge Batman fan myself)

Wolf

Way to go Wolf! You're kicking some serious butt on this challenge! :applause:

As of this post, our team total on the tracker is 14.29 miles. Keep up the good work everyone!

• Like 2

Challenges:

Battle LogFitbit

17 hours ago, IslandGirl_Becks said:

The 3mi run today wasn't part of my challenge goals, my bf just wanted to go on a lunchtime run and I was game! 

Thought this was badass! That's a mother truckin Ranger right there! Way to go Becks!

1 hour ago, Darger said:

Beast!!

Preciate that, Darger! 

MARTY_zpsza99gy1a.gif

18 minutes ago, Zkyrah said:

Way to go Wolf! You're kicking some serious butt on this challenge! :applause:

Thank you Zkyrah :) I just updated the spreadsheet so we have over 20 miles covered now! 20.49 to be exact! Let's continue this trend ladies and gent ;) 

airbattlev2-copy.jpg

Wolf

• Like 1

Spoiler

Put in 2.5 more walking miles, crew! If all the #'s are updated on the spreadsheet, then we are leading the pack with 23.99 miles total :)

Wolf

• Like 1

Spoiler

I got another mile in last night rucking. 

1 hour ago, Darger said:

I put in 2.7 miles today, exploring the neighborhood with the dog.

I went ahead and put your miles in the spreadsheet since I was already in there...  

We're up to 27.97 miles but we are no longer in the lead..  Queen Lizzie leads with 33.7  

• Like 1

Spoiler