Crew of the Queen Lizzie's Cutlass

Thom Stépan

Another 20 done. So there is my minimum hundred up.

Woden uses ravens, I use an iphone.

• Like 2

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

1 hour ago, Thom Ulfhedinn said:

Just did a set of twenty. That brings my total to 80.

Great work Thom, I've updated the spreadsheet for you. I love how quick off the mark our crew is :)

• Like 1

Wood Elf Ranger - Level 10

STR 11.75|DEX 11.5|STA 9.25|CON 11|WIS 11.25|CHA 8.5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Yeah I might even get another set in before bed (9.30pm Tuesday for me).

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Got to 70 over the course of yesterday. Will try and match that today, but it is gym day.

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - Worms - 2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

Just did a final set of 20 for today. So better change my total to 120, sorry Balsquith.

• Like 1

I wanted to introduce myself, as suggested by Brian (bker1370), weeks ago, but as usual I over thought the whole thing and ended up creating a barrier to myself doing it. So in the spirit of overcoming such barriers, here goes:

My name is Matt and I’m from the lovely Peak District in the centre of England. I have since traded English ‘peaks’ for Austrian mountains having moved to Vienna a few years ago.

Luckily I have always been just about on the right side of unfit, although I have lacked the motivation to actually become fit. I can’t remember the precise details but I found nerd fitness not looking for exercise or diet tips but rather looking for an article on habit change or morning routines – things I am still struggling with. Clearly I can do with the exercise and diet tips too.

I tend to do a lot of reading and not much writing on the forums, but I am trying to change that and become a bit more active.

• Like 2

Wood Elf Ranger - Level 10

STR 11.75|DEX 11.5|STA 9.25|CON 11|WIS 11.25|CHA 8.5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Nice to meet you, Matt. 

I don't know much about your part of England, but I understand Vienna to be a beautiful area.  I would love to visit sometime.  

I share your being on the lucky side of unfit (at least if I understand what you mean by that correctly), although I am reaching the age where that will slide to the other side of the line easily if I do not do something about it.

I also tend to read much more than I post here, probably something I should work on also.

• Like 1

B'ker Level 1 Half-elf Ranger  STR: 3  DEX: 3  CON: 3  INT: 3  WIS: 2  CHA: 2

Bker Survives December Challenge Tracking Spreadsheet

Walking to Mordor (2019) Spreadsheet

MyFitnessPal | FitBit | Instagram

Walking to Mordor 1879.44 miles/1779 miles

Mini Challenge:  Week 1:  | Week 2:  | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 |

Got in 70 push-ups myself yesterday, was planning on 100 but got home from the gym and got lazy and never did the other 30.  Going to shoot for 100 today too, but we will see if that happens or not (still early in the day for me).

• Like 1

Sure you can.  It is designed to be scaled to what you can do...   got a bad arm? do one arm pushups against the wall if nothing else works, that has already been cleared as a proper scale for another Ranger with arm issues.

probably a good idea to get cleared first, but if you are only using the uninjured arm I do not see why it would be a problem (although I am nowhere close to any kind of expert LOL)

ahh, that could definitely be a problem.   although doing them standing up leaning against the wall should help with the balance issues (i think anyway lol)

Nice to meet you Matt, I have to admit I get a bit jealous of you guys, living somewhere surrounded by so much history. We don't get that sense of deep history in Australia. Yes there are some rock paintings dating back more that ten millennia, but they are not constantly around you.

Josh do what is best for your shoulder bud, we will do extra for you if the doc won't allow the pushup variation Bker suggested.

Awesome work on the 70, bker, and to you yeti for your forty.

I have done twenty this morning, bringing my total to 140.

• Like 1

Did a sneaky set of ten. So I have now hit the 150 mark.

• Like 1

got you in Thom, need to get up a do a few more myself lol

Alright, went beast mode to get what I wanted to do done just before midnight.:victorious:

I wanted to get at least a 100 in today and at 11:45 only had 60...   So, I hit sets of 30/20/20 with 3 minutes rest between for 130 for today and a total of 200.

Which, by the way, puts us as of last spreadsheet update 500 pushups in the lead and most of our crew having individual totals equal to most of the other ship totals.  We are totally awesome!

• Like 2

Have not added them to the spreadsheet yet (will do that tomorrow night after I see if I am still able to do push-ups after I get up in the morning), but 2 more sets of 25 after midnight before bed...  going to try to do 2 more sets of 25 in the morning but we will see how I feel when I get up LOL.

I did another 20, bringing me up to 170 for the week. Hmm think I need to do another 30