Crew of the Aeronaught's Bane

Dusk

Hi All!! I ran 5 miles today (before I knew what the mini would be). I already run a lot, so I think I need to modify this goal to make it reasonable/fair/in-the-spirit-of-the-challenge. I had a pretty ambitious running goal for this week and don't really think I can add more. For the sake of fairness, I'm going to let my 5 miles count as long as I do two more 7-minute workouts (something new I'm playing with, but wasn't necessarily going to do...so it's something "extra" I'm doing for the mini beyond my normal exercise).

I'm heading out on vacation on Wed. I know we'll do a bunch of walking, but I don't really feel like I need to tally it up. Doesn't really feel like intentional exercise in this case. Just part of my normal life.

Because I run a lot anyway, I'm just going to stop my mileage count at 5 and not stack it on. Sound fair?

• Like 1

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

Didn't really intend join this mini since I've historically had a hard time keeping up with the minis.  However, air pirates are just awesome so I'm kinda glad I'm in anyways!

So, I ran 3.6km this evening in celebration of a diagnosis on my pelvic pain (ovarian cyst), so I've logged that, and we're off!

• Like 1

Level 6 Ranger

Current Challenge - Scrubs!

Previous Challenges - Theme-Free LazinessMedieval MarginaliaBrandon Sanderson's Way of Kings Theme - AgainWay of Kings 1Top Gear ThemeStargate SG:1 themeIron Druid theme!

2016 Battle Log (Long term goal tracking)

Is it the goal of the crew as a whole to accumulate 20 miles in the week? That's how I understood it, but sometimes wording can be finicky. If that's the case, if/when you reach 5 miles I reckon you can just leave it at that. But perhaps still keep track, so that if other crews start posting the entirety of their distance, we can compete a little. ;) 

ETA: I may have misunderstood you, sorry! Were you referring to the 5-mile cap in general, or whether to count regular activity? Man I just can't with the english comprehension today. :P

Fun titles are FUN! I am clueless about boat-y names though. Any ideas?

I walked 4.23 miles today. So I'll hit 5 miles sometime tomorrow morning. But this is all a normal part of the day (ah, campus life), so I'm gonna try and get some extra activities in this week too to make it really count!

@Polgara19 - I'm glad you got a diagnosis. Is that hard to treat? It sounds kinda scary. I'm glad you're here though. I haven't been doing mini-challenges either, but airship pirates was just too cool to pass up. :panda:

29 minutes ago, Shadri said:

@Polgara19 - I'm glad you got a diagnosis. Is that hard to treat? It sounds kinda scary. I'm glad you're here though. I haven't been doing mini-challenges either, but airship pirates was just too cool to pass up. :panda:

There isn't really anything you can do, but it's also not all that serious, so I'm much happier than when I didn't know what was up!

• Like 1

Level 6 Ranger

Previous Challenges - Theme-Free LazinessMedieval MarginaliaBrandon Sanderson's Way of Kings Theme - AgainWay of Kings 1Top Gear ThemeStargate SG:1 themeIron Druid theme!

Polgara, so glad it's nothing serious! (Sorry it's painful!)

Shadri, you are right, we only need 20 miles total, but Rurik suggested, we could keep logging miles for fun and friendly competition. So you guys are welcome to log as many miles as you want. I'm just going to cap mine at 5, because I wasn't sure how to decide which ones were "extra" and which ones were part of my regular challenge.

Maegs...I think anything counts. Didn't specifically say rowing, but heck, we're pirates! The point is just to get some exercise.

...I don't have any fun pirate-y names in mind...yet....

• Like 2

Oct/Nov 2016

Barefoot walking is part of my challenge! My feet are waaaaay not conditioned so I'll be doing a little bit each day. Since you guys are all powerhouses I hope it's ok if I just aim for 3 miles. So far I've done just under one mile.

eta: I may have missed it somewhere, but is there a spreadsheet or something to keep track of our collective miles?

• Like 1

2017: Year of the Epic Travel Adventure

Lycan Ranger | Level 13

Current challenge - Metallica Theme

Previous: 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Battle log/inspiration thread

Yes there is! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P9_1zmQsZR9LLMeCinsjOm-GxD6bFajiXOU1hRiabg4/edit#gid=41965063

Here's some naval ranks to help with coming up with titles 

large.575fe713f1b80_ScreenShot2016-06-14at7.13.23AM.png

Also, I just noticed that this is in the last challenge Accountabilibuddies (couldn't find the thread when I went looking!) @Rurik Harrgath do your powers extend to moving threads around? 

• Like 1

Sure do.  I'm going to consolidate the Crew threads back into the Ranger forum as stickies later.  :)

• Like 1

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

@BitterOyster barefoot walking is cool! 3 miles sounds great!

hail @everanything!

here's some pirate/ship titles, but they aren't very fancy

There is also the "pirate name generator

I got this: Daisy "Scallywag" Jamieson"The Cutlass of Snakebite Lake!" This pirate be sharp of wit and sharper with sword!

Oct/Nov 2016

6 hours ago, Jedediah The Wolf said:

Also this is my first mini challenge so I'm a wee bit confused, do I need to post here and on the main forum? And do we download the spreadsheet for tracking? (Using Tapatalk)

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

You just track your accomplishments right in the form - that way everybody can see everybody else's progress.  You can post here, the main forum, wherever you want!  

Do you have your own challenge thread up yet?

• Like 1

Level 6 Ranger

Ha! 21st Pilot. LOVE IT. That is me. Done. <3 :panda: 

@Rurik Harrgath - thanks for moving the thread over to the Ranger forum! Dunno why we didn't think of that in the first place.

I think I'm just gonna count how far I go in the course of the week, since other people are posting numbers higher than 5 miles, and it's not part of my challenge. *shrug*

• Like 2

You just track your accomplishments right in the form - that way everybody can see everybody else's progress.  You can post here, the main forum, wherever you want!  

Do you have your own challenge thread up yet?

I can't seem to edit it on my phone so I'll have to get it on my PC, I don't have a thread up yet but I'm looking to soon.

Current Challenge!

A Messenger Kitten glides over, all clockwork wings and oversized wind goggles, to perch upon the railing of The Aeronaught's Bane and meow over the tempest. "Greetings, crew! A message from The Flailing Ranger, wishing fair wind and fortitude for the upcoming battle, and also sending congratulations for the excellent performance put forth thus far."

• Like 3

Matthew 25:34-40

This week was pretty hectic so some of my barefoot mileage was spontaneously taking off my shoes while out and about, but that's fine! My feet don't know the difference.

On 16 June 2016 at 9:47 AM, Jedediah The Wolf said:

I can't seem to edit it on my phone so I'll have to get it on my PC, I don't have a thread up yet but I'm looking to soon.

@Jedediah The Wolf I hope you don't mind, I put in the 4.5 miles you mentioned since I'm not sure when this week is being tallied with the time zones and all.

If anyone else's got miles to log, better get on with it :)

• Like 2

2017: Year of the Epic Travel Adventure

Lycan Ranger | Level 13

Current challenge - Metallica Theme

Previous: 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Battle log/inspiration thread

5 hours ago, BitterOyster said:

This week was pretty hectic so some of my barefoot mileage was spontaneously taking off my shoes while out and about, but that's fine! My feet don't know the difference.

@Jedediah The Wolf I hope you don't mind, I put in the 4.5 miles you mentioned since I'm not sure when this week is being tallied with the time zones and all.

If anyone else's got miles to log, better get on with it :)

Thanks mate! I got my laptop now so i'll be able to log the rest of my miles today as well. Also I got a wee bit behind yesterday but am going to make up for it today with one last big walk!

• Like 1

Current Challenge!