• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Fenyx

Fenyx Becomes The Flash!

Flash.gif

After one hell of a battle with The Reverse Flash: Professor Zoom I emerge... VICTORIOUS!!!!!!! It was a much easier week than the one with Grodd, but I was also much more strict with hitting all aspects of the challenge as well.

I had two nights when I was even told "Hey you don't have to work out at midnight" when guests had been over and left near no room to get it done. These nights saw me busting my flash hiney well into the late hours of the evening as I repeated to myself "It's all for myself." So it was hard fought but I feel less exhausted.

And as a bonus I also feel like my diastasic recti is healing up really nicely! I've got a way smaller gap in the muscle when I check it now and I feel stronger simply holding myself up, cause let me tell you... right after having this little bundle of precious nerdiness I had a period of time where it felt my body was trying to fall off.

So! Winner over here! Thanks to hitting a 96%! This is a number I hope for on my final week against Zoom himself. Here's to next weeks challenge and kicking more bad guy ass and feeling like this:

tumblr_nov9qwK7Da1szeex6o2_400.gif

• Like 3

And I'm sick :( looks like Captain Cold got the first hit of the round sadly. Debating if I should cut some slack and count missed workouts as "N/A" instead of entire misses. Hopefully it goes away quick so I can get back to it. Tea time ugh.

I got your back! Here's a little something extra to help you get better and not get sicker. Does this spell work on colds? Lol 

tumblr_o6mraiZHBJ1uqw734o1_500.gif

• Like 1

After hitting a 102.9 temp I decided it to be wise to travel to the local healers (hospital yay) and after many tests and lots of Tylenol I am hanging out in bed with baby and doing not much of anything but resting. Means I will be changing how I prioritize my week and the battle with Captain Cold! Instead of worrying over workouts and running instead I'll be focusing on resting, getting enough water and juices, and packing in calories so my body isn't totally sapped from being sick AND being a breastfeeding mom. So here's to kicking some ass this week! By sleeping!

• Like 2

I'm sorry you are still feeling sick and holy moly high temp! 

Way to re-prioritize this week in order to focus on getting better. :)  You got this!

• Like 1

Way to move the battlefield so you keep the high ground! I'm super proud of you for taking care of yourself; no more hospitalizations for dehydration and lack of self-care!

• Like 1

AlyLJ.gif

Cause after that fight with Captain cold I think he's going to need some emergency help! He certainly threw a curveball for my week 3 as all efforts had to shift to accommodate. It was the typical hero montage moment where nothing was good enough and I sat feeling quite defeated thinking I'd never be whole again, when in reality it was only the marker for a much bigger transformation. Instead of Doing all of the things, instead of getting workouts in, instead of running for top speeds... I had to slow down. On purpose.

After the fever I dealt with that sent me to the hospital (it was 102.9 and not coming down with meds) I dealt with some extreme fatigue and body pain. The worst of it all was waking one night so cold I couldn't stop the shivering so my husband set me into a hot bath, which felt so good once it kicked in (garden tub for the win even). Downside to that was I shook so hard I did something to the muscle going down my neck as more than one lump puffed up into a visible knot down my neck.

Thankfully all seems better now and I don't feel completely like death warmed over many times then cooled to a good bacteria building temperature to rot. I stuck to the goal though and avoided anything I wanted to do while making sure to hydrate, rest (a hard one), and get calories in me. I wanted to not eat but when feeding a baby you really can't not eat. So liquid vegetable and fruit drinks filled me up and gave me enough to be much more comfortable. Today I think is my last recovery day I'm gonna do. Back to it tomorrow.

Captain Cold... You changed the game on me for real, but I still kicked your ass! I hit over the % I was aiming for (90% and I hit 96%) and won the day! I'll have a little "good guy chuckle" at the humor of me getting this sick and the chills parts while fighting off Captain Cold, well played life. On to my final battle... Zoom... cue the terrifying music!

• Like 2

Week 4 is starting slightly late, but only because Captain Cold tried to drag the game out into a strange week and a half. Little did I know though that Zoom would be hot on his heels as Captain Cold folded under the weight of my extreme ability to... do nothing. Thats right, the last battle was won by forcing myself to sit still, something even the fastest man alive would find utterly appalling I think.

However! Week 4 has seen me find my way into the battle with Zoom for dominance! Starting off slightly shaky, but even as I kick off the last vestiges of sickness I will not give up. Now I take all the skills and abilities gathered and learned from the last three boss battles to try and reconcile them with being a normal part of my everyday routine while remembering to let myself rest, even when not sick!

So bring it on Zoom you uggo evil bastard, I'm ready for you!

The_Flash_%2526_Zoom.gif

• Like 4

Ah, man, you are awesome. Total congrats on knowing when to shift your tactics, and glad to hear that Captain Cold is defeated. I am super proud of you, sunshine.

clapping-crowd-applause.gif

• Like 1

1b010c3fac88960195a180aa0cf98b29.jpg

Ah a bit late and without my special gif's but Im ready to concludify my challenge!

After being so sick I tried to get back to the routine and found I needed more down time even when I felt a lot better. So instead of reverting to the regular routine I had I mashed up my sick routine and made sure to care for myself and then made an effort to at least move and be mindful of my body.

adbe3b97fd4a23d8fe06e7634e70f91a.jpg

I have to say that I managed to win the overall challenge with my battle against Zoom being a success but not a defeat. Think of it more as saving the patrons in the shop but the bad guy got away with the goods. Perhaps this will lead to another flash challenge in the near future! We shall see!

Tune in next time for more adventures with Fenyx and her transformative super hero alter egos!

8d13f9044dec61402e382d46b65a20f9.jpg

• Like 3