• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gainsdalf the Whey

Sweltering Swoleful Summer of Swolestice: Get in touch with your inner swole

1 minute ago, SpecialSundae said:

Not within the two weeks leeway?

No, I'm hoping to compete November 19. I was kind of counting on the virtual comp being at the end of October to squeeze mine in. Oh well, real comp over virtual comp anyway.

• Like 2

No, I'm hoping to compete November 19. I was kind of counting on the virtual comp being at the end of October to squeeze mine in. Oh well, real comp over virtual comp anyway.

Yeah, too far away.

You can always throw up some 90% singles for fun.

Just now, SpecialSundae said:

Yeah, too far away.

You can always throw up some 90% singles for fun.

Probably will, seeing as I do 5 singles at 90% on Fridays anyway...

On 24/08/2016 at 5:54 PM, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

17 September-2 August, mostly to make sure I post it before I leave.

Oh, looky looky, guess who's competing Sept 18th :applause:  (hint: it's ME!)

• Like 5

I'm on a roll today.  Values have been entered into the leaderboards.  Please review for accuracy if you have a chance.  

Hmmmmmmmmmm, is there a spreadsheet somewhere, or do I plug the new numbers into the old one?

Also wondering if there is a particular reason not to have three or four (or more?) competitions per year, and to run them so that the entire year is covered? That way, people don't miss out?

1 hour ago, evabo said:

Hmmmmmmmmmm, is there a spreadsheet somewhere, or do I plug the new numbers into the old one?

Also wondering if there is a particular reason not to have three or four (or more?) competitions per year, and to run them so that the entire year is covered? That way, people don't miss out?

The new spreadsheet isn't up yet. I suspect @Gainsdalf the Wheyhas been pretty busy.

I'm sure it'll be up soon!

We got good positions, though! Shame about the f*ck up with my last squat!

So sorry guys, I got busy with work before camp and never got it up, then camp was SUPER busy and I never touched a computer. I hope to get it up today! Or maybe I'll put your new guild leader to work...

On 9/24/2016 at 3:35 PM, evabo said:

There will be a new thread. All lifts done last week, this week, or next week  through the 8th of October, will count. If you had/have a sanctioned meet within a week of these dates, the that counts as well. Anything else, let me know, and I'll consider them on a case by case basis

The reason that we have one every 4 months is so that people have time to train for them. The idea, past novice, is that you train for a length of time, then test after a bit. More advanced lifters will actually due different lifting phases, such as a 6 week hypertrophy phase where they're adding weight and muscle size, an intermediate stage where they're maintaining or losing weight while they transition that size to strength, followed finally by a tapering/cutting phase where they lose weight to get back down to their weight class while getting that new strength used to one rep maxes. Does this answer your question?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

So sorry guys, I got busy with work before camp and never got it up, then camp was SUPER busy and I never touched a computer. I hope to get it up today! Or maybe I'll put your new guild leader to work...

New guild leader?  Interesting. :)  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

Does this answer your question?

To an extent! I mean, people could just skip the virtual comp if they're in a volume phase etc.? But, them's the rulez! And I didn't mean to be pushy about spreadsheet, I just figured I wasn't looking in the right place. Appreciate you organising this for us!

6 hours ago, evabo said:

To an extent! I mean, people could just skip the virtual comp if they're in a volume phase etc.? But, them's the rulez! And I didn't mean to be pushy about spreadsheet, I just figured I wasn't looking in the right place. Appreciate you organising this for us!

The idea is to plan your programming around a specific competition, finishing the tapering/cutting phase right before it.

6 hours ago, evabo said:

18 minutes ago, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

The idea is to plan your programming around a specific competition, finishing the tapering/cutting phase right before it.

To be fair, once you're competing regularly in non-virtual comps, the NF comps kind of have to take a back seat. They either fit in with your programming or don't and (when they don't) it gives other people a chance to shine.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SpecialSundae said:

To be fair, once you're competing regularly in non-virtual comps, the NF comps kind of have to take a back seat. They either fit in with your programming or don't and (when they don't) it gives other people a chance to shine.

And that's honestly the intent. The virtual comps started here mainly for people who don't attend sanctioned comps in person for one reason or another, be it schedule, anxiety, cost, etc. The idea is to get people introduced to competition without having to get over those hurdles, and hope they can progress to sanctioned in person comps in the future. Once that happens, if you can fit the virtual comp into you lifting schedule, you're still more than welcome.

I know I didn't get the thread up yesterday, surprise doctor appointment with kiddo. It's my first priority at lunch if another GL doesn't do it first.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

And that's honestly the intent. The virtual comps started here mainly for people who don't attend sanctioned comps in person for one reason or another, be it schedule, anxiety, cost, etc. The idea is to get people introduced to competition without having to get over those hurdles, and hope they can progress to sanctioned in person comps in the future. Once that happens, if you can fit the virtual comp into you lifting schedule, you're still more than welcome.

I know I didn't get the thread up yesterday, surprise doctor appointment with kiddo. It's my first priority at lunch if another GL doesn't do it first.

They were what got me started. I still like to join in because it's fun, but it's awesome seeing the progress that people are making from comp to comp... especially people I know in person like @Juni0r83!

Hasn't @Br0din already popped it up?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SpecialSundae said:

They were what got me started. I still like to join in because it's fun, but it's awesome seeing the progress that people are making from comp to comp... especially people I know in person like @Juni0r83!

Hasn't @Br0din already popped it up?

I haven't gotten to new threads outside a few challenges I want to follow this morning. He may have, and just not responded to my GL PM asking someone to do it. In which case, he's awesome.

• Like 1