Eugenides gets (even more) awesome for summer

Eugenides

Yay! I got to the gym tonight after a long day of hanging out with friends. Still ate reasonably healthy too. 

My updated totals so far:

strength: 120

stamina: 70

life: 151 (-20)

wisdom: 6

fun: 60

Mini-quest:

Zap procrastination: 10

• Like 1

Eugenides, level 1 thief assassin

STR 3|DEX 4|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 2|CHA 1

Short term goals:

• lose 10 lbs. by 12/31/18
  • get mile pace to 10 min./mile

Ambitious long term goals:

• 100 standard push-ups without a break
  • Hand-stand push up

“He whines, he complains, he ducks out of the most obvious responsibility. He is vain, petty and maddening, but he doesn't ever quit.” 

8 hours ago, Kucki68 said:

How is the Italian going?

Haha, bad.... I haven't gotten to it at all since I have been so busy lately! I might have to make it the focus of the next challenge! 

Short term goals:

• Hand-stand push up

“He whines, he complains, he ducks out of the most obvious responsibility. He is vain, petty and maddening, but he doesn't ever quit.” 

Haven't been updating for a few days. Monday was a rest day, and I got in some good workouts on Tuesday and Wednesday. I should have eaten more today, but I probably ate extra on Tuesday, so I guess it woks out! I still need to work on getting more protein into my diet. I really do feel like I'm getting stronger, which is great. I could barely do one legged squats with 20 lbs a few weeks ago, and today they were pretty easy with 30 lbs. My nemesis, barbell lunges, were at least doable, if not enjoyable! 

strength: 140

stamina: 80

life: 181 (-20)

fun: 60

Mini-quest:

Zap procrastination: 20

• Like 1

Short term goals:

• Hand-stand push up

6 hours ago, Eugenides said:

I really do feel like I'm getting stronger, which is great. I could barely do one legged squats with 20 lbs a few weeks ago, and today they were pretty easy with 30 lbs. My nemesis, barbell lunges, were at least doable, if not enjoyable! 

Whoop whoop! I can barely do two-legged squats, so rabid cheering from over here in my corner.

• Like 2

"Those who shun the whimsy of things will experience rigor mortis before death."

Tom Robbins

Current Challenge

16 hours ago, Eugenides said:

I really do feel like I'm getting stronger, which is great. I could barely do one legged squats with 20 lbs a few weeks ago, and today they were pretty easy with 30 lbs. My nemesis, barbell lunges, were at least doable, if not enjoyable! 

That's great to read. I'm always amazed to see how quickly our bodies adapt. Peace!

• Like 1

MY 500 YEAR DIARY  HIKING THE ALLEGHENY NATIONAL FOREST QUEST: 8 TRAILS DOWN, 57 TO GO 

17 hours ago, M_J said:

Whoop whoop! I can barely do two-legged squats, so rabid cheering from over here in my corner.

Thanks! The guy at my gym deadlifting over 400 lbs had to start somewhere, at least that's what I keep telling myself! ;)

• Like 1

Short term goals:

• Hand-stand push up

7 hours ago, Rebel_Timelord said:

That's great to read. I'm always amazed to see how quickly our bodies adapt. Peace!

I know! It's amazing what we are able to do when we work for it! I think sometimes it's easy to use fear of injury or overuse to hold myself back, but then when I actually push myself, it's amazing to see what I can do and how quickly my body will adapt.

Short term goals:

• Hand-stand push up

There's only a few days left, so I've been brainstorming about what I can do for the next challenge; I'd really like to continue the workout program I am following, since I have been seeing some great results, and I'm just a little more than a month from finishing it! The only drawback is that the workouts are pretty time consuming, but I guess I can deal with that for another month, and then consider how to make it more sustainable in the long term. I also definitely need to get out more and meet some new people; everything has been crazy lately so I've used that too much as an excuse to not push myself much socially. I'd also like to start reading before bedtime, rather than watching tv, and getting to bed a bit earlier. Finally, I would like to work on my temper; I've been stressed lately but that's not an excuse to get upset over small things, so I will try to figure out a measurable way to work on that. There's a bunch of smaller things, like stayer more organized, that would be good to work on too. 

strength: 140

stamina: 80

life: 191 (-20)

fun: 60

Mini-quest:

Zap procrastination: 20

• Like 1

Short term goals:

• Hand-stand push up

3 hours ago, Eugenides said:

I think sometimes it's easy to use fear of injury or overuse to hold myself back, but then when I actually push myself, it's amazing to see what I can do and how quickly my body will adapt.

When I mentioned the challenge to my physician, I quickly added that I would be careful not to overdo it and injure myself. He said, "Don't worry about it. More patients injure themselves going between the recliner and the fridge." Love this guy's sense of humor. Congrats on your challenge!

• Like 1

MY 500 YEAR DIARY  HIKING THE ALLEGHENY NATIONAL FOREST QUEST: 8 TRAILS DOWN, 57 TO GO