Aaannnnd here's another newb... :-D

Hi folks, I'm Bryan (HI BRYAN!!!). I've been over on MFP (Myfitnesspal) for the last 145 days (as of today) keeping track of my food for the most part, some of my exercise, and a bunch of awesome people. I just felt that I needed to have another additional outlet, especially with some people who are more like me. Gamer, comic/card collecter, RPGer, Con-goer (just recently started, and it's awesome!), and all around geeky guy. So here I am, working on getting to understand all the things that will get me where I need to be. Now it's time for a quick story...

So in 2001 I was in the US Army stationed in Ft. Wainwright, AK. I was an assistant gunner for the 240b machine gun team. I was carrying the tripod for the gun, and slipped and fell down a hill, basically bouncing down my back on the tripod. Well, it injured my back, and the military was so hard up to fight me for medical benefits they kicked me out on the "fat boy" program because I couldn't work out and wasn't able to stay in shape. So I spent the next 10 years in on and off excrutiating pain, slowly getting bigger and bigger. At my highest weight I was approx. 335+ (I know this because I couldn't weigh in on the Wii Fit). Then comes November of 2010. I got rear ended at a dead stop by a guy doing 45 who fell asleep at the wheel. Go from excruciating pain to inability to move without pain. I had a bilateral major herniation of my l4/l5 disc. Basically the disc was pushing out both sides and pressing on nerves. It was bad. I went in for the dreaded "Surgery" in September of 2011. I was up and walking easily about 2 weeks after that. Since then I haven't stopped...

I'm down to approx. 270 from wherever I was at the time. I went from a 3/4x to a 1xlt, and 44-46 pants to a 38-40. I'm in the middle of training for a 15k (Gate River Run). I've completed a few 5k's, hike every weekend, went wall climbing (and was able to get to the top of the wall), and am planning on getting back into martial arts in the near future. I'd love to be a superhero, but I'll settle for being in pretty good shape. Thanks for having me.

HI BRYAN!!!

But seriously, wow. You've definitely been through a lot, but it's awesome (fantastic/great/wonderful/etc etc etc) that the surgery was successful and you're up and about again! And not just up and about, but up and doing awesome things. Keep it up!

Welcome to the Rebellion!

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." - Aristotle

If you have the inspiration, you have the talent. Strive to be happy. :)