Near 200lbs to damn near flying in 10 months

So the short version of this is I moved to CO back in August and started paying attention to my diet. I then discovered Nerd Fitness in January and really got started.

Since then I've gone from 6'-0" pushing 200# of undisciplined couch potato to 155-160# of flying parkour athlete. 

I only have one problem, and that is I need to buy new clothes and I hate shopping. I am so very ok with this problem!

Cheers!

Tag

• Like 9

good for you! Parkour may be my next conquest.

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

Started with a calorie tracking in August just to pay attention to what I was eating, which turned into a change in eating habits. Then I found out about nerd fitness back in January and that's when things really got started.

I did the beginner body weight work out religiously for three months and started climbing every Friday after work.

In April my mom and wife split the cost of an intro to parkour class for my birthday, so now I do parkour 2-3 times a week and yoga every morning, and have cut simple sugar almost completely out of my diet and try to eat a more paleo/primal diet.

• Like 1
On 6/16/2016 at 2:54 PM, Taggat said:

I only have one problem, and that is I need to buy new clothes and I hate shopping.

no good deed goes unpunished :)

• Like 1

My Profile        |     I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.

My Battle Log  |     Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.

|     I will face my fear.  I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

Start to Run      |     And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

|   Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing.  Only I will remain.

Calorie tracking is such a useful tool! There's a lot of newbies on here who have read Steve's blog and think that you're practically pushing an eating disorder on them if you suggest doing it, but it can be such an eye opener. I love MFP, I can honestly say that it changed the way I ate, and it gave me a better understanding about food and nutrition. 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I used mfp religiously when I was first starting out. I've slacked off a bit to tell the truth, but I've also changed my eating and fitness habits a great deal as well.

I think the best way to look at it for new people is just to gather the data first then figure out how to act on it. If they approach it as an experiment it seems less daunting.

• Like 1