Crew of the Dowager Doom

jmk

I started with NF last July and I have done very well on some challenges and not so well on others!  One of my goals this time is to finish a Ranger challenge and I love the encouragement from and commitment to a team! I have lost 26 lbs in the last year and am making great food choices.  I'm 42 and in the best shape of my life! 

Go team!

tumblr_nwar85AwIz1s02vreo1_500.gif

• Like 5

Goal Weight: 145

Current Challenge

Yo. Awesome job with that weight loss! That's really impressive. 

• Like 2

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

1 hour ago, jmk said:

1504x963_19507_Ship_of_the_line_2d_fanta

She's... she's just as beautiful as I imagined her!  :tears_of_joy:

• Like 3

[ Level ?? ]  Thunderlord of the Legio Thundaris 

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Aw yeah, this is great!! ♡ I often have a hard time keeping up with threads too~

Hi y'all, I'm shaarawy, I'm 35 and I've been on NF for almost 2 years now.... Holy crap, it will be 2 years in August!! *shocked*  Anyways NF has seriously changed my life for the better, fitness and great habits have seriously become automatic for the most part and I'm living a healthy lifestyle I always dreamed about but never knew how to make work in the long term. ^____^ The friends and community support I've found here are seriously second to none.

I lift weights, do yoga, really enjoy mobility training and drills, and love being outside!

I'd post a gif but am on mobile!!! Perhaps later after my beach walk.. MWAHAHAHAHA~

• Like 4

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

Are we doing introductions? I'm not prepared to make a speech!!!!

J/K :P Soliloquies are mah A-game.

Spoiler

image.jpg

Anyhoo, I've been on NF for 4 years off and on; mostly lurking, with the occasional rant or self-help manual posted. I recently rejoined the wonderful world of civilians, and have been basking in the newfound freedom that is a predictable work schedule. My overarching goal is to lose approximately 20lbs of bodyfat, preferably by replacing at least half of it with muscle. My current fitness activities including weightlifting and running, with optional hikes and bike rides, and weekend hashes. Last challenge I weighed myself and had lost 3lbs; I haven't weighed myself since then. Until this exact moment, I hadn't really thought about when I should do another weigh-in, but now that I am thinking about it, I suppose the end of this challenge would make sense. So we'll see how that goes. ^_^ 

Dowager's Doom, FTW!

• Like 3

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

Hi Team!! I've never done the mini-challenges before, I'm hoping that they keep me more engaged since it's a smaller group of people to keep up with! I'm planning on following all of your individual challenges as well so hopefully we're closer. 

Short intro - I'm Kacie! Hi!! 27 year old, soon to be married quality engineer.  I'm not nerdy in the typical video game sort of way -- just super heros & books! I looove to read just about anything.  I've never been crazy athletic or crazy lazy.  Since my fiance and I started dating I have gained about 30#s so I'm not the heaviest I've ever been and HATING IT!! I was crossfitting 4-5x / week, then we started saving for hte wedding and working on debt & it just didn't make sense to keep crossfitting.  Sooo now I'm going to the gym w/ a gf on lunch 3x a week to do NFA workouts and this challenge I'm adding a mile of running to my exercise routine.  Oh and as a bonus I usually go to a spin class and/or a kettlebell class each week, I just find those fun! Anyhow! That's me!

Where are we on our 20 miles this week? According to my FitBit, I've walked 13.8 miles. Edited to add screenshot.

98b94ec957e0568b78781ceb16fc7759.jpg

• Like 5

Current Challenge Thread ---> Here!

Mom. Wife. Engineer. Kicking Ass & Taking Names!

Hey everyone! This is my first mini-challenge (as well as virtually my first challenge) and I'm using mainly to start building connections on Nerd Fitness. I've been reading the posts for a good 2 or 3 years now but I've never really gotten involved on the forums but it's been a good time so far! Hoping everyone else is doing well if I haven't gone on your challenge post.

• Like 4

Lycan Ranger

Level 0

| STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0| 

Hey everybody! I've been here for I don't know how long but it's been over a year for sure. I often start something and if I don't see any progress (I'm not very observant) then I change, probably right before things start to happen. That's what I'm hoping to change with this challenge. To be more consistent and patient is my end goal. I'm also hoping to actually do a mini-challenge this time all the way through. I am doing some small sprints three times a week and slowly increasing that, doing some bodyweight workouts three times a week but I need to get those kinda cleaned up 'cause there is no rhyme or reason to them or any real way to progress (yet), and I have a parkour class once a week as long as neither me nor my coach gets sick or has life thrown in the way. My biggest fitness goal is for functional fitness. I want to be able to handle anything that's thrown my way, 'cause you never know what's right around the corner ... or around the next cloud. :)

• Like 3

Ranger - Level 7

My Character

Current Challenge

Hey everybody! I've been here for I don't know how long but it's been over a year for sure. I often start something and if I don't see any progress (I'm not very observant) then I change, probably right before things start to happen. That's what I'm hoping to change with this challenge. To be more consistent and patient is my end goal. I'm also hoping to actually do a mini-challenge this time all the way through. I am doing some small sprints three times a week and slowly increasing that, doing some bodyweight workouts three times a week but I need to get those kinda cleaned up 'cause there is no rhyme or reason to them or any real way to progress (yet), and I have a parkour class once a week as long as neither me nor my coach gets sick or has life thrown in the way. My biggest fitness goal is for functional fitness. I want to be able to handle anything that's thrown my way, 'cause you never know what's right around the corner ... or around the next cloud. [emoji4]

I get frustrated too after a couple weeks of nothing to see, give up, start over with something new and go through the same cycle.

Current Challenge

Belated introduction - Hi! I'm NTB. I've been around here for just a little bit over a year now. I've gotten the hang of working out now and I've been keeping a 3x/week streak going since January. I do mainly bodyweight exercises, run 5K once a week, and study a martial art called Aikido, which involves throwing and joint locks instead of striking. I also walk a lot. I usually do about 16 miles per week, but I'm reluctantly following the rules and not counting all of my usual mileage for our mini. :P My biggest struggle is food. I have a hard time sticking to my food goals and pretty much any goal that's new. My main fitness goal is just to do things that make me feel cool, but also to get rid of my limitations so that I can tag along when people invite me to do things without worrying about whether I'm physically capable of it. I'm currently practicing my burpees because I'm going to be running a Spartan Sprint with two other nerds from the forums in August. 

Looking forward to Week 2 with all of you!

• Like 4

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

For those of you that didn't see this week's challenge here it is.

Also welcome @Rinna to the Dowager Doom!  Feel free to share your intro!

Rurik is traveling, so your friendly Quartermaster will be posting the task for week 2. Every single ship exceeded the mileage goal by at least Double, so it's safe to say the Frankish Reich was crushed. Queen Lizzie's Revenge got the most with 78.22. You got a star of merit by your name on the Task list. We needed 160 miles across the fleet and turned in 497.93, over three times what was needed. Well done everyone. We'll let the Dread pirate write the story.

Week 1 was a distance goal. This is going to be a strength goal. This week is about body weight squats. Like mileage from last week, the intent is these will be in addition to what you had already planned. Each crew member is responsible for 50 body weight squats this week. Intermediate calls for 80 squats. Exceptional performance calls for 120 Squats this week. Each ship needs to turn in 500 squats this week, so that means the fleet needs 4000 Squats. Don't forget to check in on your shipmates threads and encourage each other.

tomorrow-we-squat.jpg

• Like 3

Current Challenge

I am thrilled to be joining the crew here aboard the Dowager Doom.  Sorry about being late to the game, I guess my miles for last week don't count then. Onward to the

pillaging!

I am relatively new to NF, started in Jan, failed badly, got sick and basically ignored stuff for a couple months.  Came back and completed the Challenge-before-last, missed on due to illness (again!  I work in a school, among a load of germy teenagers), vacation, and relocation ( my child is gone for the summer :confusion:).  But I am back, and ready to kick butt!

• Like 3

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Rinna joins the Fellowship to Rivendell      318.24/458

Spoiler

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up."

-Björn Járnhamar

Just now, jmk said:

For those of you that didn't see this week's challenge here it is.

Also welcome @Rinna to the Dowager Doom!  Feel free to share your intro!

Rurik is traveling, so your friendly Quartermaster will be posting the task for week 2. Every single ship exceeded the mileage goal by at least Double, so it's safe to say the Frankish Reich was crushed. Queen Lizzie's Revenge got the most with 78.22. You got a star of merit by your name on the Task list. We needed 160 miles across the fleet and turned in 497.93, over three times what was needed. Well done everyone. We'll let the Dread pirate write the story.

Week 1 was a distance goal. This is going to be a strength goal. This week is about body weight squats. Like mileage from last week, the intent is these will be in addition to what you had already planned. Each crew member is responsible for 50 body weight squats this week. Intermediate calls for 80 squats. Exceptional performance calls for 120 Squats this week. Each ship needs to turn in 500 squats this week, so that means the fleet needs 4000 Squats. Don't forget to check in on your shipmates threads and encourage each other.

tomorrow-we-squat.jpg

Had to be squats, didn't it.  Oh well, I asked for it didn't I?

Tank mentioned a Task list, where would I find this list, and do I need to find this list?  I am totally new to the mini thing.....

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Spoiler

-Björn Járnhamar

50 down! Maybe I'll do 50 a day...

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Artemis12 said:

Wecome @Rinna, great to have you aboard. And I think that this is what he was talking about. Here's to a great challenge!

Thanks!  I saw the crew lists, but totally spaced the tasks tab. Is it too late to add my miles?  

• Like 1

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Spoiler

-Björn Járnhamar

Just now, Rinna said:

Thanks!  I saw the crew lists, but totally spaced the tasks tab. Is it too late to add my miles?  

I think they already tabulated the points and declared a winner, so it won't affect anything. But if you wanted to add in the miles you did last week, I don't think anyone would mind.

27 minutes ago, jmk said:

I'm going to get 30 in now! Anyone want to join me?

Okay did 30.  

• Like 3

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Spoiler

-Björn Járnhamar

Owwwww.  Squats are NOT my friend. But maybe they will be by the time I'm done. 

• Like 3

Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Spoiler

-Björn Járnhamar