I started losing weight before I'd ever even heard of Nerd Fitness, but it wasn't on purpose, and it wasn't healthily. I lost about 15 pounds by just... not... eating. And throwing up any time I tried to. No, I didn't have an eating disorder, although there's nothing shameful about that. What I had was Trauma. And Major Depression, but I'm pretty sure it was the t r a u m a that was putting me off my food. Also didn't sleep for like a month, did I mention that? The bright side is I looked great afterwards. Hopefully, I can be actually healthy next.

A five-month struggle and some new scars later, and I'm finally in the later stages of recovery. Which is nice. The early stages involved dropping out of college and moving to a completely new state, which, in hindsight, was 300% the right decision and I regret nothing. Except maybe not doing that sooner. But it does leave me with the question of, well, okay, ehat should I do next, now that I've got myself something close to a blank slate? Now that my daily goal isn't just "keep breathing", what now? Now I have to, like, make decisions about my future and stuff.

That's when I heard about Nerd Fitness, and Level Up Your Life. And by heard I mean I remembered an article I'd seen on lifehack.org like a year ago and was like "huh". I'd already been using Habitica, and other gamified types of organizational thingies, so I knew the basic drill. I used some Audible credits to buy the book.

Listening to it, and browsing the website, I realized that while Nerd Fitness was kinda like the programs I'd been using, it wasn't just another extra fun to-do list. It was, like... Well, it was like a step-by-step built your own adventure workshop. And something about doing exciting things in a very organized manner appeals to my Ravendore soul.

My vague goals are to be as mentally and physically healthy as possible, and avoid another depressive episode. Forever. My less vague goals are to finally go to Korea and visit my best friend from high school, get to a competitive level in Tai Chi, meditate every single day for however many years. At least one. Finally be able to do a decent pushup, and lose another 15 pounds. Healthily, this time.

I'm posting on here because I'd love to be a part of the community, but don't have a facebook and refuse to get a facebook.

So, hi. I'm new here.

• Like 1