• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rebecca_Daw

What is Cross Training?

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. There's little difference between what's good for women and what's good for men.

Cross training is technically training I other disciplines to support your main sport. For me, cross training is yoga for mobility, Pilates for core training and walking for active recovery to support my main sport of powerlifting.

That said, here... I think it's just a way to have a crossfit forum without calling it that.

• Like 3

Cross training is any type of training that focuses on multiple aspects.  So, for instance, not just long distance running or olympic weightlifting, but instead on multiple different things.  Think of it as a "jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none" type of thing.  You won't become excellent in any one thing, but you will be better than average in many. 

11 hours ago, SpecialSundae said:

That said, here... I think it's just a way to have a crossfit forum without calling it that.

We do have a strong Crossfit contingent here, but we don't shy away from other types of cross training as well.  But yes, we talk a lot about Crossfit.  ;)

Cross-training, sometimes referred to as circuit training, refers to combining exercises of other disciplines, different than that of the athlete in training. In reference to running, cross-training is when a runner trains by doing another kind of fitness workout such as cycling, swimming, a fitness class or strength training, to supplement their running.

6 minutes ago, Rebecca_Daw said:

Cross-training, sometimes referred to as circuit training, refers to combining exercises of other disciplines, different than that of the athlete in training. In reference to running, cross-training is when a runner trains by doing another kind of fitness workout such as cycling, swimming, a fitness class or strength training, to supplement their running.

Why post the question then answer it?

• Like 1