Hey all! My name's Wulf and (you guessed it) I'm new here.

I'm no stranger to the fitness world having been a competitive martial artist and combat fighter most of my life. I'm an unabashed nerd, a drag queen perfomance artist and a birdwatching fiend who loves the outdoors and is constantly on the go.

Or at least I was.

Two years ago the wheels fell off when my husband of ten years committed suicide. I stopped exercising, stopped training, I even stopped eating right (which for an anorexic like me is a real killer and an absolute no-no). Basically I just stopped caring about any of it and existed in a haze. And the hits kept coming when my ears (which never really worked right) finally gave up the ghost and I found myself suddenly and Profoundly, Deaf. Life in a silent world thats geared for hearing people, oh goodie!

But you can't keep a good queen down.

Recently I've started realizing that all the stuff I've been through is nothing but the best respawn moment ever and its time to hit the go button again. But this time I'm doing it for me. 

So no more competitive stuff. No more "going for gold", no more "win it all or die trying" (I'm keeping the heels though, they're all shiny-like). I'm going to do what I secretly wanted to be doing every hour I spent in the dojo before.

Strength training.

I don't give a flip about size, if I bulk up thats fine, if I don't, thats fine too. But I want to be the strongest I can be. I want to eat right, learn everything, make friends, inspire others, and most of all, never give up again. 

So here I am. Here you are. Let's get to it shall we?

• Like 2

I'm new here too but I thought I'd say hello. :)  You've been through quite the rough patch to say the least but you're right -- never let it keep you down!  But definitely keep the heels.  Shiny heels are awesome.  

Welcome to respawn and good luck with the strength training!  Your time as a competitive martial artist sounds amazing. It's something I've always wanted to do and never did.

• Like 1