In a place far, far away... Called Canada...

It's been a really long time and I'm really really sad right now, so this probably won't be as much fun as it has been in the past.

Here goes:

I'm going on year 4... I think... of knowing about NF.  I instantly loved it, obsessed the hell out of it, but most importantly it inspired me to get off my fat but and do something with my knowledge.  2 years after that fateful first article-read, I had lost more than 40 lbs and counting, had the jeans I wanted to fit so badly be baggy on me, and just generally feeling good about myself.  Full of energy and hope and what-have-you.  I even started gradually cutting dairy and gluten from my diet, though I had originally said I could never go paleo.

There's a kicker there, but more on that later.

This past year has been rough, to put it mildly.  A lot of rules and routiens I had in place were bothered or became outright impossible.

MY BATCAVE WAS INFILTRATED and the invader trashed the place.  Seriously, I work in a hotel kitchen where 85% of my time is spent surrounded by food I shouldn't eat for various reasons.

Reason #1:  It's bad for you.

Obvious, deep fried, salty greasy stuff that basically inflates you like a balloon when you're not watching while at the same time tearing you down to a deep, dark hole

Reason #2:  Not hungry.

Imagine Steve working in a goldfish factory.  Not hungry, but stupid tempting anyway

Reason #3:  Allergies and Sensitivities

Remember that kicker I mentioned earlier?  Get ready.

Alright, so working in a kitchen is hard on ye-old willpower reserves, but that's not an excuse.  I did fine for a whole year.

What's changed then?  I have lactose intolerance and a possible gluten sensitivity I still need checked.  Not really new knowledge, but something that's been eating at me hard enough to matter.

It's one thing to choose to give up something that you've had on a regular basis up until now, and quite another to have adverse physical and mental side-effects unless you give up said something(s)

My mentality is a little screwy, and I'm all frayed up at the edges.  Emotional, easily set off...

Feels like I'm trying to get into Hyrule Castle with only 5 Sage Medallions.  Running screaming into a pit of lava repeatedly until GAME OVER isn't appealing in the slightest.

I found myself turning back to my old coping methods after so many months of floundering:  Reading, long walks, Zelda, Harry Potter, and NF.  Realized I needed to start up my exercise games again and tidy up my diet.

Thus I begin anew, rebuilding what was broken so that it is stronger.  If it fails the test of time, I'll know what to do.

Damn you, Deadpool!  I don't care how delicious your chimichangas are, they're for super special occasions ONLY!

• Like 2

Canada, is that where the snow mexicans live? :P

1 hour ago, Beck Fallowhide said:

It's one thing to choose to give up something that you've had on a regular basis up until now, and quite another to have adverse physical and mental side-effects unless you give up said something(s)

On the bright side: it does make the "why" a whole lot clearer

• Like 1

My Profile        |     I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.

My Battle Log  |     Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.

|     I will face my fear.  I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

Start to Run      |     And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

|   Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing.  Only I will remain.

On 6/22/2016 at 1:24 AM, Igaduma said:

Canada, is that where the snow mexicans live? :P

On the bright side: it does make the "why" a whole lot clearer

On 6/22/2016 at 10:50 AM, Evicious said:

Welcome back to the Rebellion! You've done awesome, you're doing awesome, and you're just going to become even awesome-er! :D 

Thanks guys :)