• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Captain Elrich

Starting paleo nerd fitness level 9 nutrition plan

First off, I'm super excited to have joined Nerd Fitness and am totally stoked to get started with this journey. However even after reading through the calorie article and all the other nutrition info, I'm not totally clear on how much I should be eating. I'm 165 lb, 5 ft 6 in and have a base bmr of 1748.55. According to the calorie calculations I should eat 2100 on no exercise, 2400 with exercise 2-3 times a week. So when I follow the level 9 meal plan should I be trying to eat about 2200-2400 cal a day? (Staying close/under 100 carbs) I tried calculating out my day using my fitness pal app while following the nerd fitness lvl 9 paleo meal plan and this puts me eating like 6 eggs in the morning, and like 8 oz of meat for lunch and dinner each, 3oz of nuts for snack. Im eating about 4 servings of veggies for lunch, 4 servings for dinner and then 2 cups of berries for snack. Is that right? I still have some fat to lose, but at the same time I don't want to under or over eat either. My macros have shown fat 60% protein 20-30%, carbs 10-20%. Also I been doing different diets for the past 2 years, and have rarely eat over 2000 cal so I'm thinking I'm just too used to under eating which I want to fix. Sorry for the long post, just looking for some help understanding how to really do the nerd fitness diet (trying level 9 right now)

Guess what I'm trying to ask is this about the paleo diet from the above info:

Am I eating too much meat?

Too little vegetables?

Is 50-60% fat in my macros normal?

You don't HAVE to track calories on paleo if you don't want to, but if you do, remember that you count fats, too. Six eggs in the morning seems like a lot. Are you putting butter/coconut oil in the pan? Mayo on anything? Avocados on anything? Those will add to your calories quite fast, and you'll hit 2400 easy.

You are definitely not having too much meat. If your plate looks like half vegetables, I'd say that's enough. 50-60% fat looks pretty normal to me.

Thanks Magess, I tried moving down to 3 eggs with 2tbsp of olive oil and it helped balance my calories a little better. I'll try to work in more of that and avocado. Looking forward to not counting calories, but since I'm starting out I'm wanting to make sure I'm doing it right the first few weeks.