• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
21niko21

Niko becomes a sapling again

My June challenge and the next challenge are to lose as much weight as possible before Aug. 1st. I had a super long, boring post about how I was going to do it...and my computer ate it. However, it will happen from doing horribly unique things like eating clean and working out. Overall, I'm aiming to lose 40lbs and get back into the type of shape that let's me do whatever I want to athletically without being burdened by my fitness.

Sapling.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 21niko21 said:

My June challenge and the next challenge are to lose as much weight as possible before Aug. 1st. I had a super long, boring post about how I was going to do it...and my computer ate it. However, it will happen from doing horribly unique things like eating clean and working out. Overall, I'm aiming to lose 40lbs and get back into the type of shape that let's me do whatever I want to athletically without being burdened by my fitness.

Ok, this plump dwarf has found her way back to the NF academy where she'll be conquering bodyweight lvl. 1 for awhile. At the same time, I'll be eating low carb (flaming drumsticks straight off the spit) and cutting down on alcohol in a major way (I will let legolas win the drinking battle for once). This dwarf does hereby vow to eat 3 clean meals a day at least 5 days a week, and have only one drink, at least 5 days a week. Like most dwarves, I have a motherly affection for IPA's and belgian ales, so this is no easy quest. I swear my helm shall contain water (errrr, that is uncontaminated by hops and barley).

Gimli helm.jpg

• Like 1

So far, so good.

Have made some tasty salmon asparagus frittatas and zoodle pad thai for clean eating. I also marinaded extra slices of tofu in the pad thai chili fish sauce marinade for eating as snacks wrapped in lettuce with some leaks and peanut or tamarind sauce. Yummy.

The chili sauce was pretty crazy without real noodles and starch to tone it down. So, I'm gonna get some chicken broth and coconut milk and turn the leftovers into zoodle tom kar gai with tofu. 

• Like 1

Hiked 1.5 miles today, then another 1/2 mile looking for my key fob. Need to add quest, "sews up hole in pocket".   :-)

Also did bodyweight lvl 1b this morning.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2016 at 6:51 PM, 21niko21 said:

I had a super long, boring post about how I was going to do it...and my computer ate it. However, it will happen from doing horribly unique things like eating clean and working out.

This is one of the more frustrating things in life.... You have my sympathies on that! And hey, tried and true methods are tried and true because they work... doesn't mean they're easy. :) How's the bodyweight workout coming? 

Also, welcome to the assassins! 

14 minutes ago, Manarelle said:

This is one of the more frustrating things in life.... You have my sympathies on that! And hey, tried and true methods are tried and true because they work... doesn't mean they're easy. :) How's the bodyweight workout coming? 

Also, welcome to the assassins! 

Thanks for the support! The bodyweight workout is going well. I failed the battle with General DOMS because of poor form on knee pushups and I didn't max the squats. So, that's where I'm lacking. I'm gong to add assisted pull-ups in for the door rows, because it pains me to have all this free weight to train my pull-ups with and not use it, lol. I remember when I was in really good shape in 2001 wanting a weight vest and how much they cost. Now it's built into my ass for free and if I use it I should be able to beat my former max of 3 pu's by the time I've lost my 40 lbs. :D

4 hours ago, 21niko21 said:

because it pains me to have all this free weight to train my pull-ups with and not use it, lol

Hahaha, love the attitude. :) Yeah, I'm working on pullups, too.... veeeerrrrryyyy slowly. I got the the point I could almost do one, and then got sick for a week straight. Back to the beginning (sigh). And hey, now you know what to focus on!

• Like 1

Cool challenge! Dwarves without booze sound pretty scary, though. ;)

Just a little advice from my "learned the hard way" file:. Take your time building those pull ups! I pushed too hard, too far and did some unpleasant things to my elbow tendons. ><. slow and steady>

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 7/6/2016 at 7:48 AM, Phayze said:

Cool challenge! Dwarves without booze sound pretty scary, though. ;)

Just a little advice from my "learned the hard way" file:. Take your time building those pull ups! I pushed too hard, too far and did some unpleasant things to my elbow tendons. ><. slow and steady>

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Yes, a dwarf without ale is just wrong. Don't worry about the pullups, at 42 I'm not motivated quite enough to injure myself...oh wait, I'm 42, it doesn't take much to injure me, lol....I'll be careful, you have my word. 

I'm about 22 miles into my journey to Rivendell at this point. Back in the day when I was an EMT / volunteer firefighter I was more of a ranger. I had to lift really heavy things, but I also enjoyed (a very little bit of) trail running and a lot of hiking. I could walk out my back door and hike to 9000+ ft. without having to drive anywhere. I don't quite have that sweet of a setup anymore, but now I'm 16 yrs. older than I was and I still love the hiking. The lifting heavy things and the assassin training will come back, but right now, I just want to walk and fly fish. So, I'm declaring myself to be an adventuring hobbit. The road goes ever on and on...

After miles of winding road and river, I'm sure we'll meet again assassins.

Second breakfast: small bowl of plain yogurt, with a handful of blueberries and some honey drizzled on top.

(First breakfast was a small, homemade, decaf mocha latte)

Yes, this hobbit's sweet tooth is alive and well. Unfortunately...