Hey everyone, just heard about NF and knew that it'd be great to help me meet my fitness goals, as well as others.  I used to be a police officer and loved it, had to leave for a while and need to get re-certified.  I gained a bit of weight, and got out of shape and am working to beat my fitness standards for the police department.  I think that Ranger is a good fit, balenced fitness for all the tasks that I will have to do.

• Like 1

what are your immediate goals?

My Profile        |     I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.

My Battle Log  |     Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.

|     I will face my fear.  I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

Start to Run      |     And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

|   Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing.  Only I will remain.

My current fitness goals are based on my fitness standards for the police which are 40 push ups (currently at 20), 60 sit ups in a min (currently at 45) 60 sec 300 meter dash (1:05) and a 12 min mile and a half (14:07 as of today). I passed my current fitness test, but the goals to graduate in Oct are stricter and I am aiming to beat those.

Hi! 

Good to have you on board, have you found your way around the site ok? Here's a couple of links that you might find useful. 

Here is a post explaining about the 4 Week Challenges. These are great for breaking your long term goals down into small, achievable targets. They're also a great way to integrate into the community. 

This post explains the guilds. These are simply a way of grouping people together who have similar interests and goals. When you do your first challenge you will be a rebel, but once you've completed your challenge you can pick the guild you feel best suits you. 

I hope you enjoy being part of this fantastic community and just ask if there's anything that you want to know.

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously