M_J Is American Ninja Warrioring

On 7/8/2016 at 3:47 AM, Guzzi said:

I read that^ and thought of This

Maybe the old idea of sticking a photo on the fridge to remind you of your goal could be adapted for this occasion??? Some inspirational videos on your phone maybe?

The other thing I though was that having some really tasty healthy alternatives to help stave off the fast food desires. There are some foods that taste AMAZING (way better than junk) and are really good for you including some delicious sweet treats.  

Im not sure if you have time for any of that if you leave after work tonight though... :( Maybe a cooking experiment with his mum/dad? I dunno what your relationships are like, that might be like offering yourself up for execution. :unsure:

On 7/8/2016 at 3:58 AM, Guzzi said:

Or maybe you could (mentally) split the junk up into groups (not so bad, bad, terrible) and limit yourself to the "not so bad". 

At the end of the day, there's no point in torturing yourself for the whole weekend and making yourself miserable and cranky. You are allowed to give yourself a break and just make better choices while you're there than you would have before. Maybe just not eating as much of it as you would have in the past. 

Do what you have to do, real life will still be waiting for you when you get back and you can get back on track once you're home and can control the environment again. 

Ah, thanks. All I can do is mitigate the damage and try to get back on track as soon as I leave. In the past, it has taken a couple days, and if I go twice a month, that's 25% of my time...

I get along very well with his mom, a cooking experiment is possible in the future. She is never going to stop having tons of junk food around, though. Not because she constantly eats junk, but because she can have it sitting there for ages until guests devour it. Next weekend I will try bringing my own snacks. Limiting the visit to one night will also help, plus getting outside as much as possible. If I'm doing a 5 mile loop around the lake, I can't be shoving brownies down my gullet.

At work, I'm going to bring some more alternate foods. PB and apples seem to work. Apples for when I want something sweet, since my PB is no sugar added. I need to tread a fine line with snacks, because if they're too tasty and easy, I'll eat them mindlessly.

On 7/8/2016 at 10:04 AM, Butternut said:

:redface:whoops, sorry! lol, well start enjoying it so I'm not the only one :P 

I will do my best. :)

• Like 1

"Those who shun the whimsy of things will experience rigor mortis before death."

Tom Robbins

Current Challenge

I know this is not the place for social/political issues, but man, the last couple of days have been rough. In lieu of talking about it, I'll talk about my goals progress.

Overall good, since technically my diet goals for this challenge only relate to my work snacking habits.

Thursday: the one Fig Newton, no "hot" "chocolate," and the NF BBWW wth stretching. Walked 4.3 miles. Flossed.

Friday: I hit my diet goals since I wasn't at work. Walked 6.7 miles. Swam for 30 minutes. Flossed.

Saturday: walked 7.15 miles. Did the NF BBWW and stretched. Have not flossed yet, might do it in the morning because sleepy.

I've gone down a serious Spanish rabbit hole. I'm creating custom digital flashcards for Anki, listening to podcasts, and looking into online language exchanges. I'm gonna get SO DANG GOOD at Spanish, you guys.

Also, after my FLOSSSS freakout? Yeah. the Elder Lady Vimes has the kind I need, and doesn't know why. She doesn't use that brand. I now have more floss. Yay.

ETA: I weighed myself here, and I'm around 145 lbs. I think I look about the same as when I was 138, but can't imagine I've gained that much muscle. I'm not fretting about it. The number doesn't change anything, and I probably won't weigh myself again for months. I care more about strength and visual cues.

• Like 1

"Those who shun the whimsy of things will experience rigor mortis before death."

Tom Robbins

Current Challenge

Good attitude to have! I totally agree with you. 

Your weight can be so subjective. Fluid retention, digestive retention (happens to us all!) or any number of other things can make your actual weight fluctuate. That's why I do the same as you, I focus on how I look in my progress pics, how I'm improving in the gym and how I feel in my clothes. 

Way to go with the goal smashing!

ps. Sorry about the rough couple of days, whatever they were xx

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Thanks Guzzi! The rough days are related to all the craziness and tragedy that's been happening in America. The two men killed by cops, the cops killed at the Dallas protest, all the twisted politics around it, seeing my friends talk about their fears of police encounters. Plus the sexual harassment allegations against Roger Ailes, the CEO of Fox News. Blech. Plus again Brexit and seeing impassioned pleas from friends in London to take Trump seriously (as a threat), because they see a connection between the two. 

Your profile says you're in Scotland, and I know they voted Remain. I'm curious what your opinion is. If you're open to a PM convo, let me now.

• Like 1

Tom Robbins

Current Challenge

Final Challenge Update

Dunzo. I jumped in halfway through, and my two weeks went fabulously when it came to hitting my official goals. We shall not talk about the food extravaganza of this weekend and the flossing meltdown.

Diet

• No crappy hot chocolate from work - drink water instead (currently drink 1-2x/week) - NONE, WASN'T EVEN THAT HARD
  • Only one granola bar or Fig Newtons thingie a week (currently 4-5x/week) - YES, DID IT. 1 FIG NEWTON IN TWO WEEKS, NO GRANOLA BARS.

Fitness

•  Complete the NF bodyweight workout at least 2x a week (stretch goal 3x/week) - THREE TIMES EACH WEEK
  • Walk 5 miles every day OR bike for 90 minutes - YES, DID THIS (AND MORE). CLOSED OUT THE CHALLENGE TODAY WITH TEN MILES.

Level Up Your Life

• Floss at least 15 seconds each day (currently around 60%)- ERRY DAY

My unofficial goal of continuing to learn Spanish is also going strong. I think I will keep my same goals for the next challenge, including having Spanish remain unofficial so I can skip it without feeling like a failure.

• Like 1

Tom Robbins

Current Challenge

Following along.

I've been drooling over Jessie Graff on Instagram. So I'll just wait patiently until you're at her level. Should be any day now, right? ;) 

edit: o wait. this is last challenge. Do you have a new one? Update your siggy girlie! 

Level 2 Drow Ranger

I walk alone, but the shadows are company enough.

3 hours ago, Traxex said:

Following along.

I've been drooling over Jessie Graff on Instagram. So I'll just wait patiently until you're at her level. Should be any day now, right? ;) 

edit: o wait. this is last challenge. Do you have a new one? Update your siggy girlie! 

Haha, I just created it! I am lazy. (Soy vaga. O, soy perezosa.) Feast your eyes on the future Jessie Graff: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/85760-m_j-american-ninja-warriors/

I predict one or two more months before I too can be a stuntwoman on a hit TV show.

Tom Robbins

Current Challenge