Yay, food log.  Food log food log what a treat.  

I'm starting with level 1 nutrition thingy, so here I'm just going to track what I eat.  I'm vegetarian (almost vegan) and I love veggies, so I don't think I'm doing too badly, but I also love craft beer and fancy cheese, sooooo.....

Here we go!

Breakfast:

- Venti latte (yes, Starbucks) with coconut milk, no sweetener

- two?ish tablespoons of natural peanut butter with blueberry granola (with flax!)

Lunch (currently eating as I type this):

- whole wheat pita thingy stuffed to bursting with roasted red pepper hummus and a ton of baby greens and some balsamic vinegar

- a handful of those fancy heirloom cherry tomato that are all kinds of fancy colors, purple-ish! yellow! but not red

- three baby sweet peppers, one of each color!

- like a third of one of those bolthouse farms fruit smoothies (bananna strawberry) the big one, the 1 qt one

So not too bad so far, but tonight is pizza, beer, and gaming night with my buddy.  Instant derail.  But I'm only tracking, not stressing!  Just track the foooood.  Step two is later.

We're playing through the TellTale Games together!  Tonight is chapter three of Walking Dead :)

• Like 1

~*****~ Food Log ~*****~ Battle Log ~*****~ Current Challenge~*****~

Finishing out day one! I did surprisingly well at dinner, considering that I'm not really trying to do well yet.  We went to Primanti's, cause we're a bunch of YINZERS.  I didn't eat pizza, I opted for a sandwich, cause I hadn't had one in a while.

Dinner:

- one (one, not two, not three, one!!!!) Guiness draft

- split a regular fries with the spicy cheese with my friend

- a double egg and cheese sandwich (with ranch on the side)

Had fun playing Walking Dead.  I pushed a guy off a bridge and onto a moving train.  He bounced off the roof and hit the ground and broke his leg, then still had to run from a bunch of walkers, but he's fine.  I'm sure we'll all laugh about this one day.  Like, "Hey, man, remember that time I pushed you off a bridge onto a moving train?  Ha ha! Good times."

• Like 1

Food Log Day 2:

Breakfast and lunch look EXACTLY like yesterday except I didn't go to starbucks.  The rest of the work week will probably be the same too.  I have no idea what I'm doing for dinner, but there is so much leftover wine and cheese from a wine and cheese party that my sister hosted at our house last week, sooooooo...

Breakfast:

- constant comment tea with a touch of creamer, no extra sugar

- 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter with blueberry granola

Lunch:

- whole wheat pita thingy stuffed to bursting with roasted red pepper hummus and a ton of baby greens and some balsamic vinegar

- a handful of those fancy heirloom cherry tomato that are all kinds of fancy colors

- two baby sweet peppers, one was bigger so it kinda counts as two normal sized ones itself, but whateves

- another third (quarter?) of the bolthouse farms smoothy thingy

Well, dinner was decided for me when my mom and sister (and her bf) invited me out for Indian food!  I had a small snack since dinner was going to be a little late, in the hopes that it would prevent me from over eating... yeah, that didn't work out so well.  I ate so much food.  My sister and her boyfriend both are pretty active and I had worked out this morning, so we brought our appetites!  We devoured the food like a pack of hyenas on a kill.  There were just sad little crumbs and rice grains left scattered among the remains.  My mom was alarmed/impressed.  

Snack: 6 tiny pieces of extra sharp cheddar on 6 crackers

Dinner: ALL OF THE INDIAN FOOD  I don't think I could itemize it even if I tried.  We got 5 (vegetarian) entrees and 4 bowls of rice and two baskets of nan.  I'm so full that I'm having trouble finishing my beer nightcap.

Nightcap: one (one! barely, if I can finish it) bottle of Troegenator double bock

Day 3: More of the same!

Breakfast:

- lemon lift tea with a touch of creamer, no extra sugar

- 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter with apple cinnamon granola

Lunch:

- a handful of those fancy heirloom cherry tomatos

- baby sweet peppers,  I only have a few left so I decided to save them for tomorrow

- another quarter-ish of the bolthouse farms smoothie (there should only be one serving left now, I'll finish it tomorrow)

Meh.

Snack:

- goat cheese on whole grain crackers leftover from the party

- one (one!) of those weird fruity crunch vanilla oreos. My sister had bought a pack and I was curious, and it honestly wasn't that good.  If you're considering trying one, don't bother, bleh.

- a sam adams rebel (woot) ipa

I have half an avocado I need to eat for dinner, but I have no idea what to do with it.  I don't have any of the stuff I usually eat avocados with.  I have cilantro in the garden, and left over feta cheese, eggs.... hmmmmm.  I dunno.  I'll post whatever it is I come up with before bed.  For now, it's video game time!

Ugh, the evening took a dive, food wise.  I haven't had dinner, and I'm ready for bed!  I'm exhausted!  All of the sudden too.  

I had a few more snacks; two salted caramel cashew cluster thingies (they're small, like bite sized) and a white wine 'cocktail' with a can of ginger ale.  

Sooooo much sugar.  Bleh.  I think shark week is contributing to the fatigue and lack of motivation.  I have to push through for tomorrow though!

Day 4

Breakfast:

- french press coffee with a touch of creamer, no extra sugar

- 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter with apple cinnamon granola

Lunch:

- a handful of those fancy heirloom cherry tomatoes

- the last three baby peppers

- the last of the bolthouse farms smoothie thingy

Dinner:

- half of a sofrita bowl at Chipotle with chips

- a blue moon wheat

Mom had invited me out again, so we stopped at Chipotle after she was done shopping.  I'm her designated driver right now, because my parents' only car is with my dad while he's on assignment in another state.  So mom only gets out when I stop by.  And she repays me in love and dinner.  I realize now, looking back on just these few days, that I eat out way too often, but there isn't much I can really do about it, because it's almost never my choice or idea -_-;  I just have to be a little more mindful of what I pick off the menu.  Plus, on the one day I was home to make dinner, I didn't.  I just snacked and went to bed!

Also, I've had a beer every night this week.  Only one! each time, but that's 4 beers already just since I started tracking, and it's a holiday weekend.  Man.  I guess I have easy choices of what to cut down on when I get to that stage.

Day 5

Breakfast:

- the other half of the bowl and the rest of the chips with the half of an avocado that I needed to eat still (Chipotle: Breakfast of Champions!)

- white chocolate macadamia nut (yummy!) coffee, black no cream or sugar, none needed!

Lunch: ??? I'm making 'dinner' now, and it's only 3pm, but I also haven't eaten anything else yet so...

Snack: 

- a red wine and sprite 'cocktail' while I wait for dinner to finish (I'm not really this bad with booze, I'm just trying to get rid of the leftover wine in the house without wasting it!)

Dinner:

- from scratch rosemary and olive oil corn bread muffins

- roasted yellow squash, zucchini, orange pepper and onion, covered with a shit ton of herbs from my garden, fresh garlic, olive oil and nutritional yeast

End of Day 5

Before Bed Snack:

- another corn bread muffin with some brie leftover from the party

- another wine 'cocktail'

Day 6

Spent the morning at home.  I had gotten up early, but I started the day with coffee and video games.  I got distracted and had breakfast kinda late, it was really more like brunch.  By the time I got hungry again, I was over at BF's house and it was basically dinner time, so I just snacked on some cheese at BF's house while I waited for him to get ready to go out.  We call Rock Bottom our second kitchen, because we almost always go there when we eat out.  We're regulars.  They know us there -_-;

Breakfast:

- leftover roasted veggies from yesterday with a cornbread muffin

- black coffee, same as yesterday

Lunch/Snack:

- a couple of tiny pieces of amish cheese and crackers my boyfriend bought while he was on vacation

Dinner:

- veggie burger at Rock Bottom with grilled broccoli instead of fries and a smallish garden veggie salad

- a RB mug of summer honey ale

- half of a glass of blackberry mead (split it with BF)

We got a growler to go, so I may have more beer before bed.  I usually do :\

Me right now:

hbjuekssyzjpyqxfrzzl.gif

I did indeed top off the night of day 6 with two more beers.  I didn't eat anything else though.  My BF made breakfast the next morning, and then we had a BBQ of sorts to go to.  I ate SOOOOOOOO much food.  I didn't sleep well the next night, and shark week is wrapping up, so I'm having weird cravings and eating garbage today.

Day 7

Breakfast:

- black coffee

- 2 scrambled eggs with cheese and 1.5 veggie sausage links

BBQ Dinner:

- two veggie burgers (gardien) with cheese, mustard and ketchup on whole wheat buns

- two veggie hotdogs, same as above

- a bunch of salad made with baby greens and that feta and chickpea antipasti thingy from the deli, balsamic vinaigrette

- grilled ear of corn

- a couple of potato chips, not very many

- literally one bite of pound cake I ate off of my BF's plate

- a wedge of watermelon

- three sam adams beers of different varieties

- half a bottle of wine

Day 8 (today)

Breakfast:

- venti latte with coconut milk and one pump of caramel

Garbage:

- three of those caramel cashew bites

- a beer

- half a bottle of wine

- a leftover veggie burger on a whole wheat bun with sauteed onion and drenched in BBQ sauce

- eating golden grahams out of the box by the handful while watching cartoons

- microwave 'smores' where you melt chocolate and marshmallows in a bowl then mix in golden grahams and eat the horrible concoction with a spoon then lick the bowl and cry a little

homer-simpson-animated-gif-8.gif

• Like 1

Day 9

Going much better than the last couple of days.  Being at work where my only food options are what I brought really helps.

Breakfast:

- a black and green tea blend, no sugar or cream!

- tbsp of PB with apple cinnamon granola

Lunch:

- the last whole grain pita with almost the last of the roasted red pepper hummus and stuffed with the leftover salad I made for the BBQ (green and chickpea, feta and chopped veggies prepared 'salad')

- MOAR TEA (and just water too)

I have to go shopping soon.  Maybe this evening, since I have to stop by my mom's house anyway.  I have some bagels I need to eat, so maybe I'll lay off the chickpeas for a while and make veggie meats sandwiches for the rest of the week, or something.  I need to buy more snack veggies too.  Carrots?  I haven't had carrots in a while...

tumblr_n4gph5OVQz1r3gb3zo4_250.gif

Aaaaah! I knew I forgot something!  I didn't buy freaking CARROTS.  Darn.

I just went on my weekly shopping trip to buy food for work (and also some for at home).  I got veggie 'chicken' patties to make sandwiches with the bagels I need to use up.  I also got tons of veggies and such for sides.  My usual fav of spring lettuce mix, tomatoes, two avocados, an orange pepper, some asparagus, two sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts, a spaghetti squash... eh, I could be here a while.  I won't type out the whole thing.  

I'm having dinner with my mom tonight.  We're cooking at home, not going out, yay!  I'm having a beer while the food cooks, boo!  Mom's helping me drink it a little, yay?

Dinner

- home made corn bread (I may be a Yinzer, but mom is from Alabama, so we like corn bread more than a little)

- yellow squash casserole

- steamed fresh green beans

- roasted mix of tiny potatoes (red yellow and PURPLE)

- < one! yuengling

End of Day 9

I did have a second serving of dinner.  A bit of everything, but not as much as the first serving.  I also had a small glass of wine before bed because I needed to get it out of the fridge to make room for the food I bought.  :apathy:

Day 10

Breakfast:

- french press coffee with a touch of cream, no sugar

- tbsp of natural PB with apple cinnamon granola

Lunch:

- boca 'chicken' patty on an everything bagel with ketchup and mustard

- a plate full of baby greens with balsamic vinaigrette

I'm going out with friends for dinner.  Gotta not get a beer!  No beer.  no beer... :(

VICTORY

I HAD NO BEER YESTERDAY

y1WgJPv.gif

One booze free day down, one to go before Monday.  Maybe I'll try for today too to free up my weekend.

End of Day 10

Dinner:

- iced tea!  so much iced tea, no sugar, just lemon

- Primanti's fries with queso, split with a friend

- two slices of the white pizza with mushrooms and red peppers

Snack?

- venti iced latte with coconut milk, no sugar

Day 11

Breakfast:

- black and green tea blend with a touch of cream, no sugar

- the usual PB with granola, same old same old. I think I'm going to switch this up next week, not sure to what though.  Yogurt?  Meh.  I'm not a breakfast person.

My appetite took a dive suddenly.  Still hasn't returned.  I'm making myself eat since I'm mega sore from Friday's workout and clearly need to eat for the recovery, but it isn't enough and I can tell cause I'm exhausted.

End of day 11

Lunch

- about 3/4ths of a 'chicken' patty on a bagel with mustard

- forced my way through a plate of greens with balsamic

- about half of the last serving of roasted squash and such from earlier in the week

Dinner??

- picked at the two slices of leftover pizza from the day before, couldn't finish them

- like 4 little pretzel bites dipped in melted chocolate, becaues IDGAF right now

- a glass of red wine

Day 12

Breakfast

- coffee with cream, no sugar

- half a baked sweet potato with butter and cinnamon (I was supposed to eat the whole thing but could only get through half)

Lunch

- about half of a block of scrambled extra firm tofu with baby portabellas and some homemade avocado mayo (literally just an avocado squished up with about a tablespoon of vegan mayo and some garlic)  I didn't bulk out the scramble with tons of veggies like I normally do because I need the protein right now and I knew I'd eat more of it with less veggies in it.

WATER

SO MUCH WATER!  I'm so thirsty I can hardly stand it.  I'm not hungry, but I can't seem to get enough water, so I'm still feeling over full and bloated.  

I'm going to my BF's house tonight, and we have no specific plans for the weekend, so I feel like it won't be hard for me to not have any beer or wine today.  Besides, I've got no appetite for it :/

My boyfriend suggested mexican food to help me get my appetite back.  I ate only half of what I normally would (except for the margaritas, that was normal).

End of Day 12

Dinner

- less than half a PITCHER of margaritas

- about half of the vegetarian stuffed poblanos with rice and beans on the side

- a bunch of chips, salsa and queso dip

Stuffed poblanos is one of my favorite foods on the planet and I could barely eat it.  I tried to power my way through the meal, so I ate until I physically hurt :(  

Day 13

Breakfast

- a tiny piece of whole wheat toast with raspberry jam

- about one egg scrambled with baby swiss

Breakfast was late, and I'm still not able to eat like normal, so I accidentally skipped lunch.

Dinner (Rock Bottom)

- half a small vegetarian nacho plate with guac

- the smoked tomato and kale salad with ranch

- a mug of beer (summer honey)

- a white russian (for dessert!)

Not the best weekend food wise, but it could have been worse.  Hopefully my appetite comes back better.  It's not so bad today, but I'm still having to remind myself to eat, even when I'm hungry.

Day 14 (Monday, Day 1 of 'official' week 2)

Appetite has returned back to normal-ish.  I think I'm becoming more of a grazer right now, which is fine, I just need to make sure I snack enough to keep me full since I'm not packing it away at meals as often anymore.  I wonder if the increased exercise is affecting my appetite?  Can it do that, like, not just make you more hungry, but also affect how much and what you want to eat?

Breakfast:

- black coffee

- greek yogurt with apple cinnamon granola (holy wow, I didn't realize how much sugar is in yogurt!  I won't be doing that every day...)

Lunch:

- a boca 'chicken' patty with some avocado mayo on top (I didn't want a bun, just ate it like it was a chicken breast or something)

- big ass pile of baby greens with balsamic

- big ass pile of carrots dipped in red pepper hummus

Snack (raiding my mom's fridge):

- a bit of warmed up squash, zucchini, and broccoli cheesy casserole with noodles

Dinner (out with mom at Olive Garden):

- a smallish serving of the salad that is mostly iceberg lettuce and croutons and sadness (seriously, on what planet is that a salad!?)

- a bread stick

- the eggplant parm with alfredo sauce on the side pasta (ate the whole thing!)

- a glass of riesling

Night Cap:

- a glass of harvey's bristol cream sherry

I'm planning on eating a veggie burger like it's a steak for lunch today.  I even stopped and got steak sauce, just steak sauce, on the way to work.  I'm sure I looked like a weirdo at the checkout line buying just steak sauce at 8am. 

I have buns and bagels and such, I just haven't wanted them lately.  It's not like I'm trying to do low carb; I ate pasta yesterday no problem.  I think about what I want for lunch, and at the suggestion of a sandwich or a bagel my stomach is like:

03.jpg

Day 15

Breakfast:

- natural pb and apple cinnamon granola

- starbucks venti latte with coconut milk, no sugar

Lunch:

LOOK WHO REJOINED THE CLEAN PLATE CLUB

plateBefore.jpgplateAfter.jpg

- Gardien veggie burger with steak sauce and feta cheese (mega yum!!)

- baby greens with blueberries and balsamic

- carrots and sweet peppers dipped in hummus

Lunch was very enjoyable.  Finally, I feel like I like my food again.  

End of Day 15

Snack

- roasted spaghetti squash seeds with coconut oil and granulated garlic (basically while I was waiting for dinner to cook)

Dinner:

-  2 servings of spaghetti squash 'pie' which is basically like a spaghetti pie but with tons of veggies and no noodles*

- red wine and sherry, so much sherry

So much for a booze free day.  I was having way too much fun in the kitchen, and I was already adding red wine to the recipe so I figured a little drink for myself wouldn't hurt!  

7d1159dbe3090de531f1533072fb3de8.jpg

Maybe tomorrow I'll post the recipe for the pie with some pictures.  It's super yummy, and I got tons of leftovers for later in the week.

* FYI, it has half a yellow onion, a packet of baby portabella mushrooms, an orange bell pepper, a pound of veggie ground beef, a bunch of chopped asparagus, one chopped zucchini, one bottle 2 cups of red wine, a jar of natural (all intelligible ingredients, like tomatoes, cream, and vodka, no sweetener) vodka cream sauce, parmesan cheese, all mixed together with the spaghetti squash and baked up and covered with mozzarella cheese.  SO YUMMY

Day 16

We had a Birthday Bagels day at work.  We don't get cake, we get bagels.  I like bagels better than cake, so I can't complain.

Breakfast:

- asiago cheese bagel with roasted veggie cream cheese

- black and green tea blend with coconut milk

Lunch (basically a repeat of yesterday):

- Gardien veggie burger with steak sauce and feta cheese

- baby greens with blueberries and balsamic

- carrots and sweet peppers dipped in hummus

- about 1/4 of a bottle of bolthouse farms 'daily greens'

Dinner (leftovers!!):

- mom gave me her leftovers from olive garden, so I had 1.5 slices of eggplant parm with about half of the spaghetti that comes with it

- added one of the smaller servings of spaghetti squash pie to the spaghetti noodles

- 1.5 breadsticks

anigif_original-grid-image-32117-1405610

- A GLASS OF RED WINE BECAUSE I AM WEAK

I am seriously going to have to revise that booze goal aren't I?  That's kinda sad...

Day 17

Just a regular work day, but gaming night tonight so I'll be going out for dinner.

Breakfast:

- french press coffee with some cream, no sugar

- greek yogurt with some apple cinnamon granola

Lunch:

- last veggie burger with steak sauce, no cheese today cause I left it at home accidentally

- half a medium sized tomato (just ate it like an apple)

- same servings of sweet peppers and carrots with hummus (no salad today cause I'm out of greens, I'll buy more next week)

- big handful of blueberries

- about another 1/4 of the bolthouse farms daily greens 

End of Day 17

Dinner (Primanti's):

- split a small fries with queso with my friend

- the black bean, corn and rice burger with more queso, also it has an onion ring ON IT

- small side salad instead of more fries

- Guinness draft

Snack-ish:

- venti iced latte with coconut milk, no sugar

Day 18

Breakfast:

- earl grey tea with cream, no sugar

-same old PB and granola, had a spoonful of PB before going to the gym too cause I was HANGRY

Snack (sooo hangry at just 11am):

- a bag of microwave popcorn

Lunch:

- smallish serving of leftover spaghetti squash 'pie'

- handful of baby carrots dipped in hummus

- handful of blueberries

- some (less than 1/4?) of the same bolthouse farms 'daily greens' drink I've been sipping on all week

Gotta play catch up from the weekend.

End of Day 18

Dinner:

- another serving of the spaghetti squash pie, a larger serving

- a glass of red wine

Anime Watching Snack:

- a glass of sherry

- feta and some kind of hard cheese leftover from the party that was miraculously still good, on crackers (about half a sleeve) with apricot jam and fresh blueberries

On to the weekend.  I went over to @LetTheWookieWin's house and brought some of the last bits of veggies I needed to cook before they went bad.  We also went shopping and got a bunch of stuff so I could make 'kitchen sink' curry; enough for the entire week.  It was just a normal red curry recipe but it had: one yellow onion, two cans of coconut milk, a clove of garlic, three red and yellow bell peppers, a packet of baby portabella mushrooms, an eggplant, three tomatoes, one sweet potato, about 4 large yellow potatoes, half a head of cauliflower, a can of chickpeas, a package of veggie beef tips... I think that's it?

Day 19 (Saturday)

Breakfast:

- coffee with coconut milk, no sugar

- the second to last serving of spaghetti squash pie (yes, for breakfast... what?)

Snack (eaten while I was prepping the curry):

- about a dozen roasted brussel sprouts with olive oil and garlic

- a few small pretzel sticks dipped in spinach artichoke hummus

- two beers

Dinner:

- two servings of kitchen sink curry served over basmati rice (I couldn't stop eating it!  So yummy!)

- one and a half more beers

Day 20 (today)

Had a bridal shower to go to, had to leave a bit early in the day, hence the no breakfast.  I just lost track of time.

Breakfast:

- coffee with a touch of creamer

- I ATE NO FOOD, first miss on my breakfast goal since I started tracking, wow

Lunch:

- medium mixed greens salad with carrots, cherry tomatoes, chickpeas and ranch

- small bowl of mac and cheese bake with broccoli and sauteed mushrooms

- tiny slice of banana bread 'cake', I had to scrape the icing off, I couldn't eat it, it was just too sweet

Snack:

- three (literally just three) scoop chips with some bean dip stuff my sister had made for a pool party she just got back from

- a glass of red wine, to help me recover from the shower ;P

Dinner will probably be leftovers, most likely the last serving of spaghetti squash, but we'll see how I feel.  Gonna play The Long Dark and do laundry till it's time for bed!

End of Day 20

I ate no dinner, I just drank two more glasses of red wine and then could not sleep at all.

Week 3 Day 1 (cause straight days are getting harder to keep track of)

AM snack (before gym):

- a couple of pieces of cauliflower dipped in hummus cause I was HANGRY

Breakfast (after gym):

- Panera egg white, avocado, and spinach sammich on an asiago cheese bagel

- half a large coffee, black

Lunch:

- last serving of the spaghetti squash pie!  I'll miss you spaghetti squash :(

- a bit more of the coffee, with coconut milk, no sugar

I just got the news that I'm going to dinner and a movie with my mom and sister.  We'll most likely see Ghostbusters!! Yay!!  I'm going to try to not eat all of the things.