The Battle of the Pelennor Fields

THE TALE:

Been a member of the Rebellion since February, but only started really taking it seriously in the last month. Currently somewhere between a level 4 and level 5 diet, drinking 100+ oz water a day, zero added sugar, zero processed "foods." No alcohol (sans a single beer back in mid-May) for two and a half months. No tobacco for 4 weeks. Tracking meals using MyPlate. Current major goal is to start advancing through the workouts. Also must begin doing light cardio on off days to keep the system in balance. 

SUSTENANCE

Breakfast - Protein shake w/ almond milk, banana, grapefruit

Lunch - Sweet potato hash, 1/2 c low fat cottage cheese

Dinner - Protein shake w/ almond milk 

Snack - Banana, green tea w/ 1Tbsp raw honey

H2O -    96 oz

Total calories - 903

Total protein - 66.13g

Total fat - 20.63g

Total carbs - 123.68g

SWEAT/TEARS

Bodyweight, Level 2B + warmup and cooldown - Crushed it. Really, really pushed hard this time. I hate the inchworms, but tonight decided to simply make them my... well you know. Sweating, burning muscles, deep breathing. It was glorious. I think another week or so of Level 2 before I engage The Widowmaker!

REFLECTION

• Today was apparently junk food day at work. I work in a very client-centric company, and we often are given sugary foods that are leftover, but today was interesting. I was offered a cookie dough ice cream sandwich by FIVE DIFFERENT PEOPLE. I resisted successfully. I'm not really craving sugar anymore, but it was an undue amount of pressure. Next test -- our monthly birthday treats (June is cupcakes) on Thursday. I will bring my own paleo treats so I can mingle with everyone without being creepy.

• I want to start consuming more vegetables. I was doing great not long ago but then realized I wasn't getting nearly enough protein and switched focus. Now that I'm used to the added protein in my diet, I'm going to eat a vegetable with every lunch and dinner for two weeks to level up to Diet Level 5. 

•Didn't get enough calories today, but am also not hungry enough to eat the two bacon & egg cups I was planning on for dinner. Tomorrow I'll aim for as close to 1200 as I can get.

Overall it was a shiny day, Cap'n, not to fret!

The Lonely Wolf | Level 9 Worgen Ranger

Instagram | Daily Battle Log | NF Character | Current Challenge: Mad Wolf In A Blue Box

Geek Out- Star Wars. Star Trek. Doctor Who. Firefly. Lost In Space. WoW. Destiny. Legend of Zelda. Mario Kart 64. Dominion.

Fate whispered to the lonely wolf,

"you cannot withstand the storm."

The lonely wolf whispered back,

"I am the storm."

I wish I could get that much water in! 

To get your calories up to the needed range try adding in healthy fats! Handful of Almonds, Roasted Broccoli or pretty much any veggie with Olive Oil, Seafood(if you eat fish), and avocados!  

• Like 1

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

@Jonesy Yuppppp I'm actually going to attempt to start eating fish. I have always truly disliked seafood, but I've found some recipes that at least seem to be worth trying. Thanks yo!

• Like 1

Instagram | Daily Battle Log | NF Character | Current Challenge: Mad Wolf In A Blue Box

Geek Out- Star Wars. Star Trek. Doctor Who. Firefly. Lost In Space. WoW. Destiny. Legend of Zelda. Mario Kart 64. Dominion.

"I am the storm."

I like tuna and tilapia. I added tilapia to a chili recipe and it was really good.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Ooooh my roomie just moved out and left a giant box of tilapia filets in the freezer...

• Like 1

"I am the storm."

Log for 6/29/16 -- got home from work at 2AM and was asleep by 2:03.

THE TALE:

Been a member of the Rebellion since February, but only started really taking it seriously in the last month. Currently somewhere between a level 4 and level 5 diet, drinking 100+ oz water a day, zero added sugar, zero processed "foods." No alcohol (sans a single beer back in mid-May) for two and a half months. No tobacco for 4 weeks. Tracking meals using MyPlate. Current major goal is to start advancing through the workouts. Also must begin doing light cardio on off days to keep the system in balance. 

SUSTENANCE

Breakfast - Protein shake w/ almond milk, 4 slices bacon, banana

Lunch - FASTED

Dinner - Sweet potato hash, 1/2 c low fat cottage cheese, 1 avocado 

Snack - 1 pouch Naked Medley trail mix, green tea w/ 1Tbsp raw honey

H2O -    96 oz

Total calories - 1153

Total protein - 71.06g

Total fat - 57.74g

Total carbs - 96.83g

SWEAT/TEARS

Rest Day -- worked a 12 hour shift, logged 5389 steps -- plus probably about the same when I didn't have my phone on me, so I'll be conservative and call it an 8,000 step total -- jogged up 4 flights of stairs at the pharmacy parking garage.

REFLECTION

• Today was a relatively uneventful day, which is always good. Was only offered the ice cream cookie sandwiches twice (resisted both times, and it's getting much easier due to my growing annoyance), and managed to do much better getting enough calories and less carbs. Did not start the C25K program as planned, because I go home at 2am and pretty much passed out. Goal is to start by the 5th. 

• Didn't get to the store after work, which is a problem that I plan on rectifying soon!

This battle was won!

"I am the storm."

Log for 6/30/16

SUSTENANCE

Breakfast - 1/2 c low fat cottage cheese, banana

Lunch - Protein shake w/ whole milk

Dinner - 2 cheese quesadillas, flour tortillas

Snack - 1 white cupcake with buttercream icing, 1/3 can Coca Cola

H2O -    72 oz

Total calories - 1378

Total protein - 82.029g

Total fat - 61.56g

Total carbs - 153.77g

SWEAT/TEARS

Worked another 12 hour shift and balked at working out when I got home -- also have company from out of town coming tomorrow, so basically just stressed out and did nothing productive.

REFLECTION

• Not a good day, health wise. Succumbed to birthday treats at work, but I am not really sad about it. Once a month isn't bad at all compared to what I was eating like earlier this year! Also got a can of coke to go with the cupcake (LOL logic), but found it reprehensible and after a few sips gave the rest to a coworker. However, I knew this meant I had to get to the store -- and I did. Got all the fixings to make the first few days of July a well-equipped battle!

This battle was lost, but the next victory will be even sweeter.

"I am the storm."

SUSTENANCE

Breakfast - 2 eggs, scrambled, two slices bacon

Lunch - Roasted asparagus with olive oil and salt, steamed broccoli

Dinner - Broccoli Maple Bacon Salad with pecans, roasted asparagus with olive oil and salt, protein shake

Snack - 1/4 C pecan halves

H2O -    70 oz [Still drinking]

Total calories - 1267

Total protein - 85.5g

Total fat - 94.9g

Total carbs - 82.5g

SWEAT/TEARS

Tonight is Bodyweight 2A -- will update once complete.

REFLECTION

Day isn't over quite yet -- coming soon!

"I am the storm."

Oops, forgot to update for Friday -- did NOT complete workout. Last night I attempted to defeat the Widowmaker but failed miserably on the side planks. Will attempt again tomorrow. Hiked today for an hour and a half -- BLISS. Have eaten solely NF recipes so far this weekend, and having Sweet Potato Fishcakes tonight!

• Like 1

"I am the storm."

Sweet Potato Fishcakes ?? Yummy!

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

HFC for Life!

4 hours ago, Jonesy said:

Sweet Potato Fishcakes ?? Yummy!

Oh my god. Delicious.

"I am the storm."

Predictably splurged a bit on 4th of July -- had Johnny Rockets for lunch (Philly Cheeseteak Sandwich, fries, lemonade)! No big deal though, went right back to the plan for dinner -- leftover sweet potato fishcakes -- and went for a walk around the 'hood. Today I had Paleo Pancakes for breakfast (DELISH OM NOM) and am about to have a protein shake and some veggies for lunch. Working a weird shift today so every meal is shifted 4 hours later than normal!

"I am the storm."

Right back to eating clean after the 4th -- phew! Grocery shopping tomorrow and attempting to draw up a meal plan, though they do overwhelm the hell out of me. Completed the first day of C25K last night -- awesome! I really enjoy running around my neighborhood at night. For Los Angeles, it's very peaceful. Had some sweet potato sunrise cereal and a yogurt with chia seeds for breakfast, next up is sweet potato hash and cottage cheese for lunch. Dinner will prolly be a protein shake after Bodyweight 2B, working another late shift today. Tiny level up -- bought a food scale yesterday and have been weighing EVERYTHING. It's fun.

"I am the storm."

Eeeek haven't posted in a while, but all is well! Still eating clean and working out every day -- bodyweight workouts MWF, 5K training TThSa, and hiking Sun.

My water consumption slipped for a few days, but as of day before yesterday I'm back to 100+ oz per day. OH and I leveled up to Diet Level 6, which is definitely something I never thought would happen! I don't even miss bread and pasta. I do need to work harder on meal planning so I don't get caught without food for too long at work, this place is dangerous. I've been good so far but some days have been touch and go! Diet Level 6 loot is on the way -- a new blender bottle for my shakes (so I don't have to panic every time I forget it at home/work).

I also finally beat the Widowmaker, so started Bodyweight 3A yesterday. Effing LAWDDDD that was tough. But I completed it and look forward to getting better every week.

My biggest focus for a bit is going to be sleep; I am having a hard time getting enough of it. My work schedule recently changed to swings, which I love, but I think it's destroying my sleep schedule. Must be getting old. I ordered a sleep mask and some silicone earplugs, so hopefully that does the trick!

Off to write my very first 4 Week Challenge (which may or may not include DEEZ TINGS). Woof!

• Like 1

"I am the storm."

Awesome job on the Widowmaker! Can't wait to see your first challenge. :)

• Like 1

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

HFC for Life!

OOOF and it's Friday (well, my Thursday). The lack of quality sleep has been really starting to get to me. I haven't been able to run or do a bodyweight workout for two days, just from sheer exhaustion. I get home from work at 1am or so, feed the cat, and fall into bed. And like clockwork wake up between 4 and 5am and cannot. go back. to sleep. Last night/this morning was slightly better. I woke up at 5, was able to fall back to sleep within an hour or so. Woke up at 9, took a nap at 11, woke up at 2, went to work. But I want to be able to DO THINGS.

I do feel much more rested today than I have all week, and I boosted my protein big time with lunch this afternoon and have a super meal waiting for dinner, so I'm determined to get BW3B in tonight after work. DETERMINED, I TELL YA.

I ordered a sleep mask and earplugs from Amazon, as I'm pretty sure a lot of this problem has to do with my move to night shift and I'm still used to waking up with the sun. Of course, they chose to send the items with their AWFUL Amazon Logistics service, so it didn't arrive Weds. Or Thurs. Or today! They "attempted delivery" (which is hilarious considering I was home the entire time before they "attempted") and didn't leave the package like any other normal carrier would do. It's a sleep mask, not a freaking rocketship. They have been contacted. I just want to get some damn sleep!

"I am the storm."