Taking Beginners MMA Workouts to The Whole New Level

Technically if one is a beginner, I wouldn't consider it a "routine" yet. But it has become a very broad area to cover since "MMA" has virtually become as much of a buzzword as CrossFit has (perhaps even before CrossFit was so).

eae150104ef1e81605fbe114cc05a859333f769d

• Like 3
15 hours ago, Rebecca_Daw said:

So you think that they need to change their training level to a new level :confused:

I don't really know of "training levels" per se, but let me go into a semantics discussion. If an MMA beginner does "workouts," meaning one primarily participates in MMA recreationally for the fitness aspect, then one is most likely being led in a group class by an instructor. All one would have to do is show up. Short of changing gyms, there would really be no way to change one's "MMA workout routine." Now if the MMA beginner is training [rather than "working-out"] in order to compete or for personal enrichment, assuming that one is training at a legitimate gym and is a good fit for the culture, no change is needed. Again, all one needs to do is show up for training.

Beginners don't really get to change anything, and they shouldn't--they're beginners after all. Besides, change is overrated (probably promoted by all the proponents of the "muscle confusion" BS from some years back). You only change something if it stops working.

• Like 2

Mixed Martial Arts; usually considered dangerous among all fighting forms. Indeed, MMA fighters need to be a frightening machine. MMA often renowned for its multidimensional fighters, who mastered several types of MMA techniques and are the strongest one. Everyone who wants to fight there, requires a tremendous amount of skill, stamina, heart and determination.Usually, youngsters in their enthusiasm do the mistake of go for the fight without sufficient preparation, which causes major sports injuries in youth, and even many of them can lose their interest. So, it’s mandatory for everyone who want to test themselves against the very best and needs to commit to what would become one of the hardest undertakings of their life.MMA isn’t everyone’s cup of tea! If you want to be one of its fighters, incorporate these exercises to your routine and start training with the best program.

I haven't heard of any of these "dangers" and "major sports injuries" you speak of, but then again I haven't competed in years, so I could be out of the loop.

I think we might not be on the same page here. This is not making sense to me, I feel like I am either talking to a bot (again) or a Nigerian princess (again).

• Like 4
On 01/07/2016 at 6:37 PM, Machete said:

I haven't heard of any of these "dangers" and "major sports injuries" you speak of, but then again I haven't competed in years, so I could be out of the loop.

I think we might not be on the same page here. This is not making sense to me, I feel like I am either talking to a bot (again) or a Nigerian princess (again).

Bahahaha! :D:D:D 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

On 24/12/2016 at 5:12 PM, Machete said:

Now you know how I am around women. A year later I'll probably realize she was interested. Haha

This just made my day. Thank you. :D 

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

On 24/12/2016 at 5:12 PM, Machete said:

Now you know how I am around women. A year later I'll probably realize she was interested. Haha

Im a bit late with the comeback but I heard this song today and couldn't help myself... :D 

• Like 1

I think beginners in any martial sport have to think through training injuries that can be compounded. I struggle with this. I can't safely give 100% on strength events and safely spar, but it was much worse when I started. Machete is more knowledgeable about these things, but I would say to beginners that much of what fatigues new fighters is emotions and techniques. Don't go crazy on strength training and keep your cardio moderate for the first six months. Fatigue increases injury rates. Being new increases injury rates. Injury slows progress.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Middle Age Mutant Ninja Panda

Monk Level 13, Epic Quest Level 3

Academy Class Achievements: General=21, Academy=12, Ranger=11, Warrior=8, Scout=14, Assassin=15, Monk 7, Druid 8, Adventurer 29,