Greetings and Salutations

Alright, here goes nothing. My 20 seconds of courage if you will.

Greetings all, my name is Joshua and I am fairly new to the rebellion. I found out about the program through a co-worker, who was on the fence about joining. I was sold on the program shortly after watching the info video on the site. The approach to fitness and nutrition at my own pace was really what had me. Im still slowly working my way through the mindset module and will be starting the nutrition module in the next few days. I have also started my workouts and have been enjoying things as a whole.

As far as who I am as a nerd, I would have to classify myself in the video game genre of nerds. I enjoy both console and pc gaming, though I do dabble in a bit of table top gaming too (card games mostly: C.A.H, Red Flags, Magic, Million Dollars But...., and Super Fight.) Outside of being a nerd I also enjoy the outdoors, and one of the many reasons for joining the rebellion is to get in a bit better shape for the upcoming hunting season. This is honestly so hard for me to do, talking about myself that is. As far as who I am, Im 31 years old and live in Bremerton Washington. If there are any rebels in my area I would enjoy meeting up and possibly having a fitness buddy to help with motivation.

welcome

do you know what are you planning on doing fitness wise?

My Profile        |     I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.

My Battle Log  |     Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.

|     I will face my fear.  I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

Start to Run      |     And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

|   Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing.  Only I will remain.

Hi Joshua

Thanks for taking the time to write about yourself. I love finding out how people got here and how your journey is starting out. I also love NF for its emphasis on small continuous changes at your own pace and that holistic mind-body approach. I always found those scary 1 hour every day and eat egg whites programmes terrifying!

There's a forum for finding people in your region, I think the North West is pretty active so hopefully you'll find some new buddies to meet up with.

For now fitness wise Im going to stick to the rebel path until I get to a point I feel I can move onto the Ranger path. I guess my over all goal would be to lose about 80lbs (sitting at 270 currently,) while increasing my endurance as much as possible. I see the ranger path as being the way of a huntsman, constant hiking of all sorts of terrain while carrying provisions and equipment. Being a hunter myself, a couple of my epic quests revolve around doing what I have had trouble doing the past few years (primarily hiking long distances with all my gear)

20 minutes ago, Ronoh14 said:

constant hiking of all sorts of terrain while carrying provisions and equipment.

21 minutes ago, Ronoh14 said:

(primarily hiking long distances with all my gear)

That actually sounds like adventurer class to me! But I'm sure either class would be ecstatic to have you!

Level 2 Drow Ranger

I walk alone, but the shadows are company enough.

Welcome, Joshua.  You do not have to get into any specific shape to join the Rangers.  We welcome all sizes, shapes, and conditions.  We do ALL the things.  We walk, run, hike, ruck (hiking with weight or in your case equipment).  We lift, we crossfit, we bike, we run OCRs (obstacle course races).  No matter what you do, someone (usually several someones) do it.

As an example who widely our conditions vary, we have some rangers who have just celebrated being able to walk/run a mile and others how have recently completed half marathons.

• Like 1

B'ker Level 1 Half-elf Ranger  STR: 3  DEX: 3  CON: 3  INT: 3  WIS: 2  CHA: 2

Bker Survives December Challenge Tracking Spreadsheet

Walking to Mordor (2019) Spreadsheet

MyFitnessPal | FitBit | Instagram

Walking to Mordor 1879.44 miles/1779 miles

Mini Challenge:  Week 1:  | Week 2:  | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 |