DarK_RaideR's BattlE_LoG

Yup, it's pretty far away from where I'm at.

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

On 7/9/2019 at 4:05 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

As for OCRs, I just booked my ticket for Sparta on November 2nd, 10:45 on the Super (13+ km) wave, so ball's on your court @EricMN. Wish I could afford the full trifecta, but 240+ Euros is something I can't quite handle. Also, I really need to grab one of those "Piledrive a Fascist" shirts from Pro Wrestling Eve for the race because I'm sick and tired of the militaristic far-right "300" vibe that's becoming a staple of that race.

I'll get my tickets ASAP.

Love that tee. I'm also tiring of the "300" thematics as well. Aroo aroo aroo whatever. I was planning to wear this while running with you. Was thinking of getting two...

• Like 2

Rebel Scum Current Challenge

4 minutes ago, EricMN said:

Love that tee. I'm also tiring of the "300" thematics as well. Aroo aroo aroo whatever. I was planning to wear this while running with you. Was thinking of getting two...

Appreciate it, but I'm saving my NF Rebel Moderator t-shirt for occasions like this ;) Won't risk tearing it during the race or having it so muddy afterwards the logo won't show on the pictures, so I'll grab an anti-nationalist one for the race and save the NF one for the post-race photos.

• Like 4

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

On 6/27/2019 at 4:36 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

Seriously tho, we need to join forces and bring back some RP motivation. It just hasn't been the same since the RPG Fanatics ended and challenges no longer involve raising imaginary attributes.

Here! Here! I'n here! Can I join the fun?

Hello there! I'm alive! After more than 2 years away I rediscover the rebellion by chance. The other they I found @Teros and today I found you! I have to confess that I look throughout the whole battle log so I could catch up on where you are. To finally discover that you are restarting, that you took a much needed break on fitness and stuff to deal with life other than that.

Self discovery and self knowledge are powerful! You are and will keep becoming stronger and better. Deal with our shadows isn't easy or pretty, but after the inicial storm things become better. I'm here cheering for you!!!

• Like 3

On 7/11/2019 at 11:28 PM, Clarys said:

Here! Here! I'n here! Can I join the fun?

Clarys! So good to see you back on the boards! Do you have a challenge or battle log this tme round?

Still alive here, folks. Still cigarette free too. Went for a swim on Sunday and got pretty red-skinned but not sunburned from the experience. Real hyped to see Skid Row live in a few hours and hopefully The Cure on Wednesday, since tickets for Florence & The Machine sold out lightning-fast for both dates as soon as they went on sale.

Fear not though, for I have a surprise new installment of NextGen Wrestling for you all!

NGW Back to the Future (Weekly TV show)
Held on Monday, Week 1 of August 2013
Venue: L'Aquila Universita, L'Aquila, Italy, Europe
Attendance: 3.667, Ratings: 0.75 (569.070 viewers), Shown on Continental Sports X1

The show kicks off with a video showing highlights from the main event of last week's Terror Rising, in which "The Gothic Grappler" Fusae Etsuko successfully defended the NGW Women's title against Geena the Warrior Princess.

yNQekBM.jpgqwZB6cD.jpg

As the footage plays, both Etsuko and Geena make their entrances and enter the ring. Once the crowd settles down, Geena is the first to speak.

Geena: "There's no two ways about it, you beat me fair and square... so I'm out here to do what every honourable warrior would do... Congratulate you and bury the hatchet!"

Fans cheer for both women and a "fight forever" chant builds up, before Etsuko takes the mic.

Etsuko: "In my career, I've wrestled some of the best names in the business... but none of them ever pushed me to the limit like you did... I'm glad we can finally end our war, so I can focus on my next challenger... Joanne Rodriguez!"
lfOxD6w.jpg

YuuZy7b.jpgaqKXVd4.jpg25UZG0h.pngwuo51A1.jpg12XzW2n.jpg
The Ivanoff Brothers vs Champagne Lover and Giovanni Bruno

The loss of the NGW Heavyweight title really seemed to affect Lover's focus and as the match turned against his team, he was less and less interested in helping out Giovanni Bruno.

In a decent match, The Ivanoff Brothers defeated Champagne Lover and Giovanni Bruno in 10:02 when Ivan Ivanoff defeated Giovanni Bruno by pinfall with a Russian Roulette. 

Winners: The Ivanoff Brothers
pyf9Pt4.jpg

SoeMY3z.jpg04N0aQ1.jpgcTU1ZCQ.jpgyWLqNGq.jpgUPg1dYS.jpg

Backstage, the Real Deal are gathered around their leader and brand new NGW Heavyweight champion, Edward Cornell.

Cornell: "You are looking at the Alpha Male of this company... You are looking at a group of fighters, led by a fighting champion... Now that I hold this title, you will hear what I say and do as I do... I'm tired of paying dues and doing favors... I'm tired of being pushed around... So I won't hide away and hope a challenger for my title appears... I will CHOOSE my number one contender... and his name... is Roy Edison!"

The Lawal twins look surprised by the announcement and seem to object. Edison gets in the way to protect Cornell and Hossam to break it all up. From behind his defenders, Cornell continues on the mic.

Cornell: "Oh, so you got a problem, huh? Well, let's settle this like wrestlers... in the ring! Nigerian Hit Squad, versus Roy Edison and Wael Hossam!"
pyf9Pt4.jpg

KRd8pBF.jpgLFcPDbz.jpgh8WdOUv.jpgBJ5XbNO.jpgi3AqEI6.jpgA0XDREq.jpg

Elsewhere backstage, another group is gathered together. The League of Heroe's leader, Nelson Frye, addresses the men and women around him.

Frye: "Silver made his offer... but whether we accept it or not is not up to me... I want to hear from those involved and then we can discuss something that involves Girl Power..."

Laid back as usual, Matravers is the first to break the uneasy silence that follows Frye's words.

Matravers: "Look, I can beat Silver and get back the mask of Captain Hero... but for that to happen, I gotta know that Christopher[Lister] here is okay with putting his title on the line first."

Lister looks down at the NGW Cruiserweight title around his waist, then up again at the rest of the group.

Lister: "Silver is a manipulator and a cheater... he's using this to get what he wants... I can beat him in a straight wrestling match, but that's not what he'll show up for... I need to know I can rely on you all to protect me against his dirty tricks. Right now, me and Adam have to get ready for our match..."
pyf9Pt4.jpg

VqnREXC.jpgiyN2viL.jpg25UZG0h.pngh8WdOUv.jpgBJ5XbNO.jpg
John Silver & Leon Harrison vs Team Fly

NGW's founding duo wrestled the former NGW Cruiserweight Tag Team champions in this match, a set up for the implied singles matches that Silver might be getting against Lister and Matravers. As if confirming Lister's words earlier, Silver got a dirty win for his team and wasn't shy about yelling insults to both his opponents throughout the match.

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, John Silver and Leon Harrison defeated Team Fly in 9:46 when John Silver defeated Adam Matravers by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage.

Winners: John Silver & Leon Harrison
sma3Die.jpg

TgQORsF.jpg

The camera cuts to the familiar dinghy basement that's been serving as the Czars' meeting, drinking and training room. The view is momentarily obstructed as the massive frame of Marat Khoklov walks in front, headed for an old punching bag that's hanging from a chain on the roof. Marat turns the bag around, revealing a photo of Champagne Lover taped on it. Without a word, Khoklov rips off the photo and pulls out a photo of Edward Cornell from his gym bag, which he proceeds to slap on the bag instead.

OMqWx1U.jpg

yWLqNGq.jpgUPg1dYS.jpg25UZG0h.png04N0aQ1.jpgcTU1ZCQ.jpgwSoeMY3z.jpg
Nigerian Hit Squad vs Wael Hossam & Roy Edison (with Edward Cornell)

A match booked earlier during the group's segment, this one emphasized the storytelling aspect of the group's dissent and how they punched it out between the ropes. Cornell was observing from the sidelines, but when needed, provided a crucial distraction that allowed Edison to slap on the Arm Bar and get the win for his team.

In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Wael Hossam and Roy Edison defeated Nigerian Hit Squad in 10:26 when Roy Edison defeated Rahabad Lawal by submission with an Arm Bar after interference from Edward Cornell.

Winners: Wael Hossam & Roy Edison
pyf9Pt4.jpg 

PybIMT9.jpgnYdtjiY.jpgwGTzFkZ.jpg

With the menacing frames of the NGW Heavyweight Tag Team champions looming behind her, Signe Lytjohan cut a promo to hype up her clients.

Lytjohan: "Another loss for the former champions... though not as embarassing as the one they suffered at the hands of Bam Bam and Hercules here... Still the champions and still the best paid tag team on this roster... No one can defeat the Johanssons!"
M4SOg7D.jpg

NVsHmIw.jpg25UZG0h.pngsbFUnpv.jpgwDlqpgvn.jpg
Joanne Rodriguez vs Viper McKenna (with Sebastian Koller)

Rodriguez had a huge night at Terror Rising, first with a stellar performance and victory over Jeri "Air" Behr and then with a challenge for Fusae Etsuko's NGW Women's title. She kept up her streak in this episode's main event and picked up some more steam in light of her upcoming title match against a skilled wrestler and NGW mainstay in Viper McKenna.

In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Joanne Rodriguez defeated Viper McKenna in 13:45 by pinfall with a J-Rocker.

Winner: Joanne Rodriguez
At6zmyr.jpg 

NVsHmIw.jpgyNQekBM.jpg

As the show was about to fade out, a graphic was shown to hype Joanne Rodriguez vs. Fusae Etsuko for the NGW Women's title, this month at NGW Hotter than Hell!

pyf9Pt4.jpg

Show Rating:
sma3Die.jpg

Confirmed matches for Terror Rising
  • NGW Heavyweight title match: "Alpha Male" Edward Cornell © vs Roy Edison
  • NGW Women's title match: "The Gothic Grappler" Fusae Etsuko © vs Joanne "J-Ro" Rodriguez
  • Like 7

Lvl 60 Multitasker

So great to see the wresting back, I've been missing it.  Still not sure about this Lister vs Silver match, but he can't exactly hide now can he.  I just hope the rest of the crew can hold off the dirty tricks :) 

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

On 7/15/2019 at 7:01 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Good to see wrestling narrative again. I loved Etsuko and Geena's bit, and watching the planning from the Heroes was awesome.

Good to see my core wrestling audience show up again. It's been a while, let's hope the narrative picks up some steam again.

P.S. Check that ol' discord channel. A new game session is being arranged ;)

20 hours ago, EricMN said:

Always love the NGW narratives. I hope it was fun to play through and write up.

Pro Wrestling should be fun.

I actually booked and ran this show back in the day, right after I ran Terror Rising but before writing TR out, but as far as I remember it was fun. Writing it out was fun too, like I said it's good to see my hardcore fans react and I'm hoping I can pick up some steam with it again among the several other writing projects I got going with this game. Super hype for the upcoming release of TEW2020!

P.S. A recent AEW photo... Keeping up with the trends, I see. Awesome!

4 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

So great to see the wresting back, I've been missing it.  Still not sure about this Lister vs Silver match, but he can't exactly hide now can he.  I just hope the rest of the crew can hold off the dirty tricks :) 

It's all part of the wider Stig Svensson retirement angle. Nelson Frye has to rise as leader of the League and reclaiming the mask under a new regime is somewhat symbolic. Plus an excuse to bring back the new incarnation of a beloved character, obviously.

Not much to report besides sustaining good habits. Still in control with the eating, still cigarette free. Skid Row were a-ma-zing and I'm off to see The Cure in a few hours.

• Like 8

Lvl 60 Multitasker

52 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

sustaining good habits. Still in control with the eating, still cigarette free.

Mad props.

This is what winning looks like.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

&Heidi

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid  Level 12 Philosopher and level 11 Librarian (built on the Monk class, with a training path in The Way of the Cobalt Soul)

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | :: 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 |

Shaman: 82 | 83 | 84

Philosopher-Librarian 85 |:: 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

12 hours ago, Teros said:

Instantly thought

Good call. It's one of the random names I got by using the in-game generator, but I kept it because past that connection and the obvious "terrorizing" one, there is also an old tale of a young rookie in WCW...

D4PaDZtUEAE_qBt.jpg

...who would then go on to become Jean Paul Levesque and then HHH :D

P.S. The Cure were great and played for 2 and a half hours. The festival organizers and crowd in attendance were painfully un-great.

• Like 5

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Hoping you’re ok!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Level 87 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 8485 | 86 | 87  ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

Pretty fancy earthquake, but no injuries or serious material damage. It actually made for an early start to the weekend :D

• Like 8

Lvl 60 Multitasker

On 7/17/2019 at 4:30 PM, DarK_RaideR said:

Not much to report besides sustaining good habits. Still in control with the eating, still cigarette free. Skid Row were a-ma-zing and I'm off to see The Cure in a few hours.

Apparently this is where I left off with my last update. The Cure were indeed nice, played for something like 2,5 hours and Smith's voice is still on point. Gotta love the grand 80s Phil Collins-esque drums, even if the bass was drowning out most of the guitar.

Still cigarette free, the first craving did pass me by during the weekend but I managed to resist it, easy. Let's hope it'll be like that for the rest of the summer until I can start training again. Working out is a big boost towards staying smoke free.

Speaking of the weekend, my dad came over and we were joined by a childhood friend of mine as we rode off on our motorcycles. You've probably seen the beach I posted on Instagram, but if not, here it is:

Spoiler

We got a fair shair of mountain roads on Saturday, then rode down to this beach for a swim and spent Saturday night around my dad's hometown. Sunday we were off to a motorcyclist meeting at a nearby village. Photos aren't out yet, so here are a few from last year's (which I also attended)

Bunch o' Ducatti's for @Mr_Willes

Spoiler

65999807_2375646436040807_68995243615274

65587502_2375643619374422_81306468224786

And the local specialty dish:

Spoiler

65837918_2375647019374082_65197487202615

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

NGW Back to the Future (Weekly TV show)
Held on Monday, Week 1 of August 2013
Venue: Le Hangar de Bateaux, Le Havre, France, Europe
Attendance: 3.034, Ratings: 0.72 (543.880 viewers), Shown on Continental Sports X1

sbFUnpv.jpgDlqpgvn.jpg

The episode begins with "The Rock and Roller" Sebastian Koller and Viper McKenna, NGW's resident rocker couple addressing the camera in a pre-taped video message.

McKenna:"At Terror Rising, the Czars got lucky against the Outcasts... but that was a chaotic 4 against 4 match... I was going to challenge [Marat] Khoklov to a one on one match against Sebastian [Koller] here, but that's just too big to give away on free TV so Marat... pick a partner and we'll see you in tonight's tag team main event!"
IqChfad.jpg

timXQf2.jpg25UZG0h.pngMGCPelQ.jpg
"The Steppe Cowgirl" Anna Twirl vs "Golden Delicious" Melanie Flyman

A decent opening contest with a lot of focus on characters as the fun loving tomboy Twirl clashed with the ultra-serious, all business precision strikes of Flyman. Two skilled, charismatic and popular ladies, they had the fans excited about their match for the ten or so minutes it lasted, leading to the final Ninjitsu Strike that put Twirl down for the count.

Winner: Melanie Flyman
mwL0z0W.jpg

wuo51A1.jpgNVsHmIw.jpg
Red velvet recliners, some (probably plastic) potted plants and the champagne cooling on ice all can only mean one thing, it's time for another installment of Lover's Lounge! This week, the charismatic Mexican's guest is none other than the #1 contender for the NGW Women's title, Joanne Rodriguez!
Rodriguez: "My goal has always been to prove that women can wrestle just as good as men... it's a shame I didn't have the chance to join NGW while intergender matches were still a thing, but wrestling Etsuko is the next best thing... because she's held championship gold here and defended it against men... including you."
Lover: "That was a long time ago."
Rodriguez: "Actually, that was last April..."
Lover: "Well it still doesn't count because she beat me by disqualification, alright?! Anyway, good luck against her, chica... You'll need it!"
sma3Die.jpg

yWLqNGq.jpgUPg1dYS.jpg25UZG0h.pngDTAxGxv.jpgpIpPSyS.jpg
Nigerian Hit Squad vs Menace & Ripper LeStat

On paper, this match may have looked like an easy case for the Lawal twins but Menace and LeStat are one third of the NGW Openweight champions for a reason and that reason became apparent in and out of the ring ropes. Through a combination of LeStat's vicious aggression and the power of Menace, the match was surprisingly competitive and could have ended on more than one occasion. Backed into a corner, the Nigerian Hit Squad put on their game face and used their supreme teamwork to fight back, until...

SoeMY3z.jpg
...the NGW Heavyweight champion and Real Deal leader, Edward Cornell, came down to the ringside area. Cornell watched the Lawals and cheered them on, though it was unclear whether he was being honest or mocking them. Regardless, his mere presence was enough to throw the former tag team champions off and allow LeStat to nail Rahabad with a nasty chair shot while the ref was busy preventing a full-on brawl between Rashid and Cornell, before he fell on top for the pin.

Winners: Menace & Ripper LeStat
IqChfad.jpg

While Menace and LeStat retreated victorious, Cornell requested a microphone and addressed the losing team that was still in the ring and recollecting themselves.
Cornell: "It's a shame how the mighty have fallen... Week after week, you two are nothing but a disappointment... If you can't win the NGW Heavyweight Tag Team titles back and you can't win matches either, I guess you don't belong in the Real Deal either..."
04N0aQ1.jpgcTU1ZCQ.jpg

During Cornell's speech, Wael Hossam and Roy Edison come out to join him. As soon as he's done, Cornell orders them to enter the ring. Edison is all to happy to oblige and beat down the worn out Nigerians; Hossam looks a little more hesitant, but does so and puts Rashid Lawal in the Camel Clutch. Once Cornell is satisfied, he calls his teammates off and the Nigerian Hit Squad are left in the ring, totally destroyed.

mwL0z0W.jpg

KRd8pBF.jpg25UZG0h.pngSbYOV10.jpg
Nelson Frye vs Konrad Mäkinen
After the viciousness on display prior, fans welcome the sight of Frye and Mäkinen shaking hands after the opening bell in a show of mutual respect, sportsmanship and friendly competition. Despite Frye's obvious advantage on nearly every front, except maybe youth, he sticks with technical wrestling and aims for the Royal Armbar instead of his usual tactics. This does allow the technically-oriented Mäkinen to shine as they go back and forth while announcers wonder if Frye is testing the youngster, perhaps in order to offer him a spot in the League down the line, because it looks like he's taking it a little easy but not exactly underestimating Mäkinen either. Whatever Frye's motives may be, his superior skill at this point just cannot be denied and after a surprisingly solid match, he manages to slap on the Royal Armbar and get the tap out from Mäkinen, which he once again congratulates after the match with a handshake.

Winner: Nelson Frye
sma3Die.jpg

VqnREXC.jpg25UZG0h.pngGbpUsBI.jpg
John Silver vs "Super Duper" Phillip Cooper
Silver comes out carrying the all white mask of Captain Hero, which he holds up as he points to his waist, a signal of how he's holding the mask hostage and using the League's wish to reclaim it in order to secure himself a shot at the NGW Cruiserweight championship. The match plays into that story, with Cooper pulling off all his big moves while the dastardly Silver uses every dirty trick in the playbook to shut him down. He isn't above slapping the rookie around either and talking trash in his face, which does fire up Cooper for the occasional short comeback but also lures him in for a high risk move that Silver was ready for and uses it to set up his own finisher for the win.

Winner: John Silver
IqChfad.jpg

h8WdOUv.jpg
Silver's win (and antics with the mask of Captain Hero) are quick to bring out the NGW Cruiserweight champion after the match.
Lister: "John Silver... At Terror Rising, you offered me and the League of Heroes a deal... a title match against me, in exchange for a match with that mask on the line... Last week, the League convened... and I'm here to accept!"
IqChfad.jpg

TgQORsF.jpgbGfQcLk.jpg25UZG0h.pngDlqpgvn.jpgWUS40Jt.jpgwsbFUnpv.jpg
Marat Khoklov & Dovydas Vidmar vs Sebastian Koller & Wade Orson (with Viper McKenna)

Marat Khoklov answers the opening segment's challenge by coming out with "The Bratva Bruiser" while Koller teams up with his group's blue chipper "Awesome" Wade Orson. A decent contest all around, this one's held back a bit by McKenna's constant interfering and Vidmar's frequent teasing of going for his signature vodka bottle, both of which end up dragging the attention away from the actual in-ring action. Orson's combination of power and skill makes for some great wrestling against both his opponents and ends up leading to the match finish, where Vidmar finally pulls the trigger and in a moment of desperation, hits him with the bottle without shattering it but still getting disqualified in the process.

Winners: Sebastian Koller & Wade Orson
At6zmyr.jpg

Show Rating:

At6zmyr.jpg

• NGW Women's title match: "The Gothic Grappler" Fusae Etsuko © vs Joanne "J-Ro" Rodriguez
  • NGW Cruiserweight title match: Christopher Lister © vs John Silver
  • Like 6

Lvl 60 Multitasker

5 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:
Nigerian Hit Squad vs Menace & Ripper LeStat

On paper, this match may have looked like an easy case for the Lawal twins but Menace and LeStat are one third of the NGW Openweight champions for a reason and that reason became apparent in and out of the ring ropes. Through a combination of LeStat's vicious aggression and the power of Menace, the match was surprisingly competitive and could have ended on more than one occasion. Backed into a corner, the Nigerian Hit Squad put on their game face and used their supreme teamwork to fight back, until...

SoeMY3z.jpg

...the NGW Heavyweight champion and Real Deal leader, Edward Cornell, came down to the ringside area. Cornell watched the Lawals and cheered them on, though it was unclear whether he was being honest or mocking them. Regardless, his mere presence was enough to throw the former tag team champions off and allow LeStat to nail Rahabad with a nasty chair shot while the ref was busy preventing a full-on brawl between Rashid and Cornell, before he fell on top for the pin.

It's fun watching the belt go to Cornell's head as he turns on his teammates. I liked the tease of the cracks starting to form with Hassam being hesitant to follow Cornell's orders.

Nelson Frye vs Konrad Mäkinen

After the viciousness on display prior, fans welcome the sight of Frye and Mäkinen shaking hands after the opening bell in a show of mutual respect, sportsmanship and friendly competition. Despite Frye's obvious advantage on nearly every front, except maybe youth, he sticks with technical wrestling and aims for the Royal Armbar instead of his usual tactics. This does allow the technically-oriented Mäkinen to shine as they go back and forth while announcers wonder if Frye is testing the youngster, perhaps in order to offer him a spot in the League down the line, because it looks like he's taking it a little easy but not exactly underestimating Mäkinen either. Whatever Frye's motives may be, his superior skill at this point just cannot be denied and after a surprisingly solid match, he manages to slap on the Royal Armbar and get the tap out from Mäkinen, which he once again congratulates after the match with a handshake.

Nelson is a great successor to Stig, it was so much fun watching him be a gentleman and an excellent wrestler at the same time.

h8WdOUv.jpg

Silver's win (and antics with the mask of Captain Hero) are quick to bring out the NGW Cruiserweight champion after the match.

Lister: "John Silver... At Terror Rising, you offered me and the League of Heroes a deal... a title match against me, in exchange for a match with that mask on the line... Last week, the League convened... and I'm here to accept!"

Dis gun be gud.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

It's fun watching the belt go to Cornell's head as he turns on his teammates. I liked the tease of the cracks starting to form with Hassam being hesitant to follow Cornell's orders.

Cornell's storyline has been building to a big title run for years now. With Champagne Lover slowly transitioning to being the face of NGW, Cornell is stepping in as the arrogant champion. As for Hossam, being the oldest of the group, the best in-ring technician and a long time tourer of Japan (plus terrible as far as mic and camera skills go!) I see him as the soul of the Real Deal. Cornell's behaviour is starting to go against what the Real Deal are supposed to stand for and Hossam's moral compass is the first to tick.

Nelson is a great successor to Stig, it was so much fun watching him be a gentleman and an excellent wrestler at the same time.

I had him sandwiched between Cornell and Silver's antics just so his behaviour would show even more in comparison. After Nelson's rise to the top and a long run in the tag team ranks with Lister and Howard, I had some trouble in finding a new direction for him. Again, this whole storyline stretches across a long time period, from Stig's announced retirement and passing of the leadership mantle to reclaiming the mask and who knows what's next?!

Dis gun be gud.

If you need some Lister merch, @WhiteGhost is the guy to talk to :P

• Like 3

Lvl 60 Multitasker

17 hours ago, EricMN said:

Image result for aew fight for the fallen gif

Loved how he dealt with that heckler.

12 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

That was great!  I am looking forward to Terror Rising :)

Thanks! Terror Rising was the last (July) event, the upcoming (August) one is Hotter than Hell.

Also, stumbled upon this recently and thought I'd share.

• Like 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

On 7/22/2019 at 5:09 PM, DarK_RaideR said:
39 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Thanks! Terror Rising was the last (July) event, the upcoming (August) one is Hotter than Hell.

• NGW Cruiserweight title match: Christopher Lister © vs John Silver

Whichever it is, I'm excited for it :D

• Haha 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

19 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Whichever it is, I'm excited for it :D

My bad then, forgot to edit the event name when I copy-pasted it!

18 hours ago, Kishi said:

Will want to watch this later as someone whose temperament skews in that direction.

It was an interesting watch because as the video rolled on, I realized I've been there but also been over the whole Doomer thing, with fitness and these boards obviously playing their part in it. By the time the video talked about this whole transition into "Bloomer" it all felt into place as I'm already there.

As someone so eloquently put it in a comment, The Doomer says, “So what?” The Bloomer says, “Might as well.”

• Like 6

Lvl 60 Multitasker