DarK_RaideR's BattlE_LoG

On the subject of videos, I've spent the better part of yesterday researching Shadowrun and Cyberpunk stuff in search for a potential theme for my next challenge, assuming I end up doing one in August. The sad part is I discovered that one of the most iconic Shadowrun characters, Jake Armitage...

shadowrun_returns_conceptart_LEzbh.jpg

...got his distinctive looks from the protagonist of the 1992 cult classic "Split Second"...

j1orbMF.jpg

...only to hear of the late Rutger Hauer's passing later that day. :(

So later that evening, I was watching various informative videos on YouTube, as I do when I'm cooking or doing dishes (when I'm not watching wrestling-related videos under the exact same circumstances, that is). Unsurprisingly, given my search/watch history for the day, this little piece came up and knowing that both Wachowski siblings have revealed themselves as transgender, the editing does a great job in providing a new interpretation of the Matrix from that aspect:

• Like 6

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (7)Fitness (2)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

thank you for reminding me I need to rewatch the Matrix movies...

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: No challenge this round

Spoiler

Really Eclectic Scorpio, Level 86

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|80|81|82|83|84|85|86|87|88|89|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

On 7/23/2019 at 10:46 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

Also, stumbled upon this recently and thought I'd share.

*nodding* *nodding* *nodding*

3:15

3:46 - AKA why MGTOW exists.

5:45  - Why I focus on art.

6:48+ 

Image result for drake point yes meme

7:14 - 7:19 Hitting home.

7:43 - What I've been trying to do for years now.  I'm at the Bloomer stage, but there are some nights that I revert to Doomer.

• Like 1

*waves in Druid-ese

• Like 1

&Heidi

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid  Level 12 Philosopher and level 11 Librarian (built on the Monk class, with a training path in The Way of the Cobalt Soul)

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | :: 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 |

Shaman: 82 | 83 | 84

Philosopher-Librarian 85 |:: 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

*tap* *Tap-Tap-Tap* *TaP-TaP-TaP*

• Like 2

Level 87 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 8485 | 86 | 87  ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

I'm here, I'm here! Thanks for joining me, dear friends. Take a seat, we're expecting more folks soon.

Starting sort of fresh here, with a fresh new look courtesy of my hairdresser and his inspiration

Spoiler

Cj9EsvY.jpg

I now have the "early 90s hip hop" buzz/flat top combo

Fitnessing,  challenging and life in general has been rough as of late. That is in part due to the virus and lockdown, but largely because of the instability in my life. I'm the sort of person who needs structure before they can commit to a training regime, also the sort of person who'll go hard on a workout instead of just go through the motions in order to tick the boxes and claim I worked out. Having "underlying issues", as the trendy term nowadays is, means the foundation is messed up and I can't aspire to build anything on top of it.

The elephant in the room is the potential job I hinted at on an earlier challenge thread. I can't quite share any detailed information on a public forum yet, but it will most likely involve moving back to my hometown. That said, I'm currently feeling like I'm standing on two different boats, a leg in each, or however that saying goes. There is an uncertainty about, a feeling of temporary-ness and imminent change, which prevents me from making any serious investments in the here and now. On top of that, the potential move adds some strain on my relationship with the SRLF, made worse by the history between her and my family, as well as the fact that she has no friends there and an elderly mother to look after here.

I'll keep y'all posted, now let's get some wrestling narrative up and lighten the atmosphere!

• Like 9

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (7)Fitness (2)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

bYRx1ea.jpg
Hellbound
Sunday, Week 1 June 2020
Athens, Southern Mediterranean, Europe
Attendance: 94, Viewers: 111 (0.01)

hVsL3F5.jpg

The broadcast begins with a shot of the entrance as Dovydas Vidmar makes his entrance, carrying the RotO Championship on one shoulder. Vidmar enters the ring and holds the title up high, before requesting a microphone to speak.

Vidmar: Hello Europe… Feels good to be back on a broadcast across the continent again. For those of you who haven’t been keeping up with Ring of the Olympians in this first half of the year, my name is Dovydas Vidmar and I am the first, current and only RotO Champion! Tonight I am scheduled to defend my title in the main event against Ryushi Ryusaki and rest assured by the time it’s all said and done, I will end this night just as I started it, with the title on my shoulder and the championship to my name!

j1PI65F.jpg

Ryushi Rysaki’s music hits the speakers and the title challenger comes out to join Dovydas Vidmar in the ring. The champion assumes a cautious, somewhat defensive stance but Ryusaki throws his hands in the air, pleading innocence and signalling he’s not here to fight, then requests a microphone from the ringside staff.

Ryusaki: Don’t worry champ, I’m not here to blindside you or anything. We’ve signed a no-contact clause, remember? I can wait till tonight’s main event to get my hands on you. What I came out here to say, mostly to our viewers and not really you, is that tonight is a special night. A night that marks change. And I am the one who represents change. You’re a great wrestler and a worthy champion, no doubt, but you’re that guy people might remember from NGW. You’re a nostalgia draw, a thing of the past, something to make the old NGW fans look up RotO perhaps. I am the future of this company. And tonight, the first time it stretches its wings out to reach a fanbase across all of Europe, what better chance to do so with a new face, a young champion to spearhead the charge… me!

Vidmar and Ryusaki get in each other’s faces and trade some words off the mic in an intense staredown moment, then leave the ring to prepare for their match later tonight.

mjjRZhw.jpg

AhotWa7.jpgLuKiami.jpg

A short video is shown, recapping the history between Petter Eriksson and Thorsten Sigurdsson, from the first attack to interferences in matches, staredowns and the latest brawl between the two, all leading up to their match coming up next.

AhotWa7.jpg25UZG0h.pngLuKiami.jpg
Petter Eriksson vs “Blood Axe” Thorsten Sigurdsson

If the size and musculature of the two contestants wasn’t enough of an indication, this match was a straight up brawl. No running around, no back and forth chain wrestling and certainly no high flying moves as neither man ever left their feet for a maneuver. Instead, they stood and duked it out with big blows, which eventually incorporated the occasional slam, suplex or power move. Eriksson had a good moment when he was able to lift up the full mass of his thick opponent for a Northern Lights Suplex that only got him a shocking two count, while Sigurdsson used his mass and lower center of gravity to charge his opponent and pick him up for a spinebuster takedown, which he followed up by mounting him and raining down punches. Referee Dwayne Hewitt had to jump in to prevent Eriksson from getting pasted, but Sigurdsson seemed to have completely lost it and just wouldn’t stop, so the ref called for the disqualification and security rushed in to pull Sigurdsson off his opponent who was no longer able to defend himself in any capacity.

Winner: Petter Eriksson

mjjRZhw.jpg

ZQAVkK0.jpg

Another video package is aired, showing Nathaniel Ca$ino and how he was mysteriously attacked in shocking fashion during the previous RotO show. The montage ends with the announcement that the attacker has surfaced and agreed to face Ca$ino in a match, which is confirmed for the upcoming show.

mjjRZhw.jpg

Women’s championship Round Robin tournament
zEPeklq.jpg25UZG0h.pngxQweJld.jpg
Gypsy Rose vs Spider Isako

Clearly Isako wanted to make an impression during the first ever show to be broadcasted across Europe on the Network of the Olympians, as she appeared to be have added a serious mass of muscle on her small frame since her last appearance. Sadly, her in-ring skills were not up to par with her impressive new look and more than once she executed moves sloppily, mistimed them or missed her cue entirely, which brought the overall match quality down and really hurt the overall suspension of disbelief for the experience. Given her performance, it felt justified that Gypsy Rose ended up with the win but thinking about the larger picture as well, Rose got a rare win over an opponent who had been going very strong in the tournament so far.

Winner: Gypsy Rose

mjjRZhw.jpg

QDX9qG8.jpg25UZG0h.pngp9Ni2cl.jpg
MAYA vs Serena Ventura

A much more exciting match than the previous one, this one featured two fan favourites in the bubbly MAYA and the highly energetic babyface Serena Ventura. A quite competitive bout, it went back and forth with a lot of grappling hold for hold for the most part. MAYA had the advantage on that part, which in turn led Ventura to change her game and add a bit of brawling to her approach. In a showcase of ring smarts, MAYA was able to use her opponent’s inexperience and youthful enthusiasm to lure her in and eventually take her to the mat, where she was able to lock in a Triangle Choke and get the victory via submission.

Winner: MAYA

mjjRZhw.jpg

0WblE1U.jpg25UZG0h.png8hCWSde.jpg
Blair Kerrigan vs Machiko Matsuda

In the final Women’s Tournament match of the evening, Blair Kerrigan and Machiko Matsuda faced off. With neither really having much hope to end up on top of the scorecard, the two ladies competed to make a good impression on RotO’s first ever broadcast and maybe set themselves up for future opportunities. Between Kerrigan’s high energy style and Matsuda’s lucha inspired moveset, this was a fast paced contest with lots of action and it seemed that Matsuda won by sheer luck after she was able to convert a Run-Up Rana into a rolling pinfall predicament. Kerrigan escaped a split second too late as she’d already lost the match, but it really felt like either could have won and Matsuda acknowledged it by paying respect to her opponent, even if the fiery Irishwoman was in no mood to play nice and refused to shake her hand.

Winner: Machiko Matsuda

mjjRZhw.jpg

IrEvvQI.jpg

In order to assist new viewers with understanding the situation around the RotO Women's Championship Round Robin Tournament, a card was shown next and the announcing duo spent some time explaining it. With Aud Valkyrie retiring before she could have a match against Gypsy Rose, that match would be regarded as a forfeit, taking Rose to 7 points. Cassie O'Peter and Paula Edwards top the card with 12 points and a very important match between them yet to happen. Florida Simard is right behind at 11 points with a loss to O'Peter but a victory over Edwards in case of a tie. A special mention was made to MAYA, standing at 8 points. Technically, if she'd win both her remaining matches against Kerrigan and Isako for a final of 12 points, even if Florida Simard lost all her remaining matches to stay at 11 points, there was no way she could win this as the O'Peter-Edwards match would either take one of the competitors to 14 or more points or even in the case of a draw, 13.

mjjRZhw.jpg

Tqjtcjw.jpg25UZG0h.pngFwpPMkS.jpg25UZG0h.png6PcleHR.jpg
Abominable Snowman vs Cesar Sionis vs Tomohiko Yamagata

A three way match between competitors who’ve had their ups and downs, this was a step towards finding their footing in RotO. Abominable Snowman, who’s struggled after a strong start alongside Acheron, was the major threat in the match and his two opponents had to work together in order to even stand a chance against him, but he still got a few moments to shine as the wild strongman character. Once he was out for a while thanks to the combined efforts of Sionis and Yamagata, the two of them went off against one another, with Sionis being mostly in control thanks to his stiff strikes and size advantage. Yamagata found himself on the receiving end and really played his underdog part well, even managing to get the Greek fans in attendance cheering for him over their “hometown” hero Sionis. Despite having a bad night himself, Yamagata still was the best wrestler in the match by a long shot and fans erupted in cheers when he managed to surprise Sionis with a roll up to score the pin and get the win.

Winner: Tomohiko Yamagata

mjjRZhw.jpg

KRd8pBF.jpgLFcPDbz.jpg

Nelson Frye and Robert Howard come out once the ring has been cleared and get inside, RotO Tag Team titles around their waists. The duo hit all four corners of the ring to salute the fans, then settle down in the middle as they motion for microphones.

Frye: For anyone who might not know who we are, I’m Nelson Frye and this here is my long time friend, ally and tag team partner, The Louisiana Pitbull, Robert Howard and we are your Ring of the Olympians Tag Team champions!

Howard: Unlike other title holders in this company, we are not scheduled to defend our championships tonight, on the first ever show to be broadcasted across Europe on the Network of the Olympians, but we are not bitter about it. I mean, not to brag, but there is no team on this roster worthy to stand up to us and face us in the ring…

The lights in the venue begin to flicker randomly, in what appears to be a minor electrical problem at first. Frye and Howard look up, puzzled, for a moment. While their attention is there, two figures jump the guardrail, one even carrying an aluminum baseball bat, and attack them. The strobing effect of the lights creates an eerie phenomenon out of the entire scene, like still photos rapidly displayed between blinding flashes of light. The two attackers proceed to beat down the RotO Tag Team champions for a few uncomfortable minutes, then pick up the title belts and hold them up in the air in a silent challenge. Finally, the lights are reset and their faces can be seen clear.

qnFfav1.jpgiHXKLnW.jpg

The two attackers lay down the title straps on top of the aching bodies of Frye and Howard, then leave the ring as medical staff cautiously approaches to check on the two men lying in the middle of the ring.

mjjRZhw.jpg

g7NOm8K.jpg
RotO Championship match
hVsL3F5.jpg25UZG0h.pngj1PI65F.jpgwQU7pAaz.jpgccufL0i.jpgtpx175Y.jpg
"The Bratva Bruiser" Dovydas Vidmar © vs Ryushi Ryusaki (with The New Breed)

Ryushi Ryusaki came out accompanied by Alberto Montero, Giovanni Bruno and Petrov Yakovlev. As if testing the limits of the aforementioned “no contact, no external involvement” clause, the trio surrounded the ring and attempted to rile up the fans in support of their stablemate, never laying a hand on Vidmar. Still, their presence seemed to be distracting enough for the defending champion, who didn’t seem to trust them and had to have eyes in the back of his head the entire time. As soon as the bell rang and he locked up with Ryusaki, it was clear that Vidmar didn’t have his head 100% in the game. Every time he’d get some offense going, he’d look out for a potential backstab and allow Ryusaki to retaliate. His big swings would be countered either with stiff, precise strikes or some solid technical wrestling as Ryusaki would grab an arm to slide behind him and pull off some variation of a suplex. It was not the usual slow burner of a RotO main event, quite the contrary as it lasted for little over ten minutes, but it was enough to be exciting and tell the story of an isolated champion against a worthy and prepared challenger who played it smart and wore him down all the way to the final side slam and cover.

Winner AND NEW RotO champion: Ryushi Ryusaki

j1PI65F.jpgQU7pAaz.jpgccufL0i.jpgtpx175Y.jpg

As soon as the bell rang for the three count, The New Breed rushed into the ring to pick up Ryusaki and lift him up on their shoulders in celebration. The new champion was handed the title belt and held it up high, wrapping up the show with him and his allies celebrating their success while Vidmar could do nothing but stare on from the sidelines as he was holding an icepack over his neck.

Show Rating
  • Like 3

Lvl 60 Multitasker

What a great show!

33 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:
Tqjtcjw.jpg25UZG0h.pngFwpPMkS.jpg25UZG0h.png6PcleHR.jpg
Abominable Snowman vs Cesar Sionis vs Tomohiko Yamagata

A three way match between competitors who’ve had their ups and downs, this was a step towards finding their footing in RotO. Abominable Snowman, who’s struggled after a strong start alongside Acheron, was the major threat in the match and his two opponents had to work together in order to even stand a chance against him, but he still got a few moments to shine as the wild strongman character. Once he was out for a while thanks to the combined efforts of Sionis and Yamagata, the two of them went off against one another, with Sionis being mostly in control thanks to his stiff strikes and size advantage. Yamagata found himself on the receiving end and really played his underdog part well, even managing to get the Greek fans in attendance cheering for him over their “hometown” hero Sionis. Despite having a bad night himself, Yamagata still was the best wrestler in the match by a long shot and fans erupted in cheers when he managed to surprise Sionis with a roll up to score the pin and get the win.

Winner: Tomohiko Yamagata

This was a lot of fun to read. I'm really enjoying snowman and love Yamagat's Rocky style come from behind victory.

35 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

The lights in the venue begin to flicker randomly, in what appears to be a minor electrical problem at first. Frye and Howard look up, puzzled, for a moment. While their attention is there, two figures jump the guardrail, one even carrying an aluminum baseball bat, and attack them. The strobing effect of the lights creates an eerie phenomenon out of the entire scene, like still photos rapidly displayed between blinding flashes of light. The two attackers proceed to beat down the RotO Tag Team champions for a few uncomfortable minutes, then pick up the title belts and hold them up in the air in a silent challenge. Finally, the lights are reset and their faces can be seen clear.

qnFfav1.jpgiHXKLnW.jpg

The two attackers lay down the title straps on top of the aching bodies of Frye and Howard, then leave the ring as medical staff cautiously approaches to check on the two men lying in the middle of the ring.

Much as I hate seeing Faces be the butt-monkeys of skullduggery, I really want to know who these two mystery men are.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

12 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

a fresh new look

Digging it.

12 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

There is an uncertainty about, a feeling of temporary-ness and imminent change, which prevents me from making any serious investments in the here and now.

Understood, completely. The universe is giving you an opportunity to sit in the space of NotYet, and that's a difficult one. The gifts are many if you can sit with it and not force an activity or action just to feel like you're doing something (anything!). I will sit with you, if you'd like. I am in the NotYet until at least July 21 as I await the invitation from the universe to let me know what's next.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

&Heidi

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid  Level 12 Philosopher and level 11 Librarian (built on the Monk class, with a training path in The Way of the Cobalt Soul)

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

15 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

but Sigurdsson seemed to have completely lost it and just wouldn’t stop,

This guy doesn't seem like he is going to have a very long career with this show

In order to assist new viewers with understanding the situation around the RotO Women's Championship Round Robin Tournament, a card was shown next and the announcing duo spent some time explaining it.

Thanks for this, I was really falling behind on what was going on with the round robin

Finally, the lights are reset and their faces can be seen clear.

qnFfav1.jpgiHXKLnW.jpg

Ooooh, new bad guys. Mysterious :) 

Still, their presence seemed to be distracting enough for the defending champion, who didn’t seem to trust them and had to have eyes in the back of his head the entire time.

At least he didn't have to worry about a hidden vodka bottle...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

On 6/23/2020 at 8:15 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

What a great show!

Thank you very much. As always, reader entertainment and affirmation are a big drive to keep this going.

On 6/24/2020 at 11:26 AM, WhiteGhost said:

Thanks for this, I was really falling behind on what was going on with the round robin

Full disclosure, I messed up myself and ran a Kerrigan vs Isako match twice (second of which I remove from that show's description before posting) which in turn messed up with my original plan of posting an updated card after each round of matches. You'll notice even now, some women have wrestled more matches than others. I figured with the first show on a new pan-European broadcaster, it was a good narrative excuse to "introduce" that audience to what's been going on and give my readers a breakdown of whre everything's at.

Slowly chugging along as I set up the stage for this job switch as well as supporting the SRLF (she nearly quit her job on Tuesday). We were both happy to find out last night that Netflix has a new 5th season of Queer Eye up, that show has a touch of humanity, empathy and open-mindedness that is so dearly needed in these times we're living in.

• Like 6

Lvl 60 Multitasker

3 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Thank you very much. As always, reader entertainment and affirmation are a big drive to keep this going.

Which is why I'm careful to point out what I like about every single show. :) 

• Thanks 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

So you may have read past stories about us rescuing kittens (like the limp black and white one we found behind my home building) and taking them to a neighbour of the SRLF's home who have a yard for them to live in? Well the dad in that family works in construction and the other day they were tearing down a building when they found a little something stashed in an old chimney....

SOKrHGb.jpg

XsimY99.jpg

This baby kitty is no more than 10 days old and rescued by that man (on top of the construction building's owner telling him to "toss it in the garbage"!!!) but he and his wife work regular jobs, have a daughter in kindergarden and a bunch of other cats (and a dog) at home so they trusted it to the SRLF's mom for the time being, as she's experienced with cats and also retired, so she has the time to provide the constant care it needs. Me and the SRLF just laid eyes on it today and... well, you can tell it's super cute. Vet also said it's healthy, so the odds of it surviving are quite good. Let is hope it does.

• Like 10

Lvl 60 Multitasker

11 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Vet also said it's healthy, so the odds of it surviving are quite good. Let is hope it does

Omg.

I'm fetched.

• Like 2

&Heidi

Spoiler

The good

- I went to the beach for a swim today.

- I checked up on the baby kitty on the way back home.

The bad

- I forgot to pack a sunscreen that isn't the "super expensive, small package, face only" type and got sunburned.

- The baby kitten passed a few hours ago.

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

Lvl 60 Multitasker

45 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

The baby kitted passed a few hours ago.

No!

I'm rekt

&Heidi

Spoiler

bYRx1ea.jpg
Above the Clouds
Saturday, Week 3 June 2020
Athens, Southern Mediterranean, Greece
Attendance: 94, Viewers: 100 (0.01)

zrbNVcB.jpg
Ryushi Ryusaki makes his entrance at the start of the show, proudly carrying his newly won RotO Championship title belt thrown over his shoulder. He enters the ring and takes in the cheers along with the boos, waiting for the crowd to calm down so he can speak.

Ryusaki: How appropriate… At the start of a new era for RotO, on the first ever show to be broadcast on the Network of the Olympians across Europe, a new champion was crowned… me. You see, we members of the New Breed united under a common banner when we joined forces. We made it our mission to kick out the old veterans who’ve been hogging the spotlight and holding even though they’re well past the prime. Two weeks ago, at Hellbound, I managed just that when I beat Dovydas Vidmar in this very ring to become the new RotO Champion…

bGfQcLk.jpg
Right on cue, Dovydas Vidmar’s music announces his arrival and the former title holder comes out with a mic in hand so he can respond to Ryusaki’s words.

Vidmar: I’m not the kind of man to make excuses. You beat me clean alright, but do not fool yourself about doing so simply because of your wrestling acumen. This was supposed to be a one on one match, but in essence, it wasn’t. You worked your way around our agreement and had your friends distract me…

Ryusaki: Oh spare me please, Vidmar! You tried to trick me into this “agreement” of yours, but I played you and sprung your own trap against you. You got outsmarted and it’s just eating you up!

Vidmar: I want my rematch.

Ryusaki: You’re not entitled to no rematch. But since you’re so wound up about our last match, I’m going to give you a chance to let off some steam and maybe, just maybe, earn a shot at my title… if you beat all of my New Breed allies in a Fatal Four Way match tonight!

mjjRZhw.jpg

Tqjtcjw.jpg25UZG0h.pngmw05tLu.jpg
Abominable Snowman vs Notorious F.R.E.A.K.
The... unusual Frenchman was in action for the opening match against the ever dangerous Abominable Snowman. It was an odd and interesting matchup, visually and in terms of characters, which both men made sure to play up as Snowman looked really puzzled by his opponent’s weird antics. Once contact was actually made though, there was never any doubt about how this match would play out. Barring a spot where F.R.E.A.K. did the splits for a creative dodge of the Abominable Big Foot, this match was all Snowman as the big wildman literally wiped the mat with his opponent for about five minutes before he had enough and clogged him with an Abominable Big Foot for the pin.
Winner: Abominable Snowman

mjjRZhw.jpg

AhotWa7.jpg
A pre-recorded message from Petter Eriksson airs next. The big Norwegian is at a hospital, where a nurse is apparently making some last routine checks on him before letting him go.

Eriksson: Thorsten Sigurdsson… You really brought the fight to me. I respect that. Hell, I enjoy it! Haven’t been pushed like that for quite some time. I was hospitalized, but I’m not dead. This isn’t over between you and me. Not yet.

mjjRZhw.jpg

ZQAVkK0.jpg25UZG0h.png4xKhncU.jpg
Nathaniel Ca$ino vs Jester
This had been announced as the match where Nathaniel Ca$ino would be facing the man who had attacked him, but clearly neither he nor anyone in the audience were prepared for it. Dressed in a green harlequin suit, complete with hat and bells and wearing a skull design mask, his opponent was announced as “Jester” thought he was anything but funny. Ca$ino had no clue how to deal with this unusual opponent, so he resorted to his usual high flying, which the masked madman was more than able to keep up with. As a matter of fact, Jester showed complete disregard for his own well being and topped his opponent’s game with some outright suicidal dives that made him come across more as a psychotic clown of sorts, complete with a plastic flower on his chest that squirted water on referee Dwayne Hewitt’s eyes to create a momentary distraction, just enough for Jester to reach into his trunks and grab…
Reveal

Masked

BLAM!

Winner: Jester

Even after the match is over, Jester seems unaffected and continues to lay down a beating with his club-like weapon. No ringing of the bell can stop him, the referee is particularly cautious about approaching this frenzied madman so Ca$ino just takes the blows in the middle of the ring until…

vJWD1hm.jpg
Remmy Skye runs down to the ring for the save! Ca$ino’s tag team partner and the other half of High Stakes, Skye rushes into the ring but Jester notices him and retreats just in time before any contact can be made. Cackling madly at himself, Jester leaves the scene of the crime as Skye is checking on Ca$ino and helps him back up on his feet to return backstage.

mjjRZhw.jpg

0WblE1U.jpg25UZG0h.pngp9Ni2cl.jpg
Blair Kerrigan vs Serena Ventura
More of a schoolyard fight than an actual wrestling match, this one saw Kerrigan and Ventura put the pedal to the metal and really let loose on each other, with no sense of pacing, purpose or storytelling. The two highly energetic women butted heads and traded blows in a wild fistfight and it all looked sloppy as hell, including a moment where Ventura threw a wild elbow shot and literally caved her opponent’s nose in, not in the sense of a shocking, spectacular spot but rather a genuinely unsettling moment of wrestling gone wrong. Even that didn’t stop them though, with Kerrigan still fighting and Ventura refusing to take a step back and let the referee check on the fiery Irishwoman, so the only option here was to throw the match and award a single point to each competitor.
Result: Draw

mjjRZhw.jpg

63uvfJZ.jpg25UZG0h.png8hCWSde.jpg
Florida Simard vs Machiko Matsuda
Truly a saviour after the disaster that was the match that preceded it, this one served as a nice palette cleanser to reset things as Simard and Matsuda flew around for the fans and each other. Even more so than normal, it was clear the two ladies were out to put on the best match possible and they were in no small part assisted in it by the apparent connection between their styles, leading to a very lucha libre like flow between their technical and aerial moves until Simard rolled through a Run-Up Rana to turn Matsuda’s finisher on her and get the pin.
Winner: Florida Simard

mjjRZhw.jpg

q0kRCjx.jpg25UZG0h.pngxQweJld.jpg
Cassie O’Peter vs Spider Isako
In the final tournament match of the night, two of RotO’s most promising young female prospects faced off with the story being whether O’Peter would get the win against some hard opposition or if Isako could play spoiler and essentially knock her out of the title race. This was a rock solid wrestling match with little to no flash or high flying moves, closer to the traditional European catch as catch can style. Isako threw her kicks, knees, chops and forearms at her opponent, while O’Peter attempted to inflict damage with submission moves, preferably on the mat where Isako couldn’t retaliate. It all came down to Isako’s minor mistakes in precision and a momentary lapse in focus, which allowed O’Peter to close in and roll her up in a schoolgirl cradle for the pin.
Winner: Cassie O’Peter

mjjRZhw.jpg

KRd8pBF.jpgLFcPDbz.jpg
Nelson Frye and Robert Howard hit the ring, RotO Tag Team titles around their waists. They do little posing and cheering for the fans, instead they look focused on what they came out here to do tonight.

Frye: Last time we got blindsided. A cowardly attack, of course, but that’s on the attackers. We let our guard down. We got cocky. And we paid the price for our hybris.

Howard: We ain’t backin’ down from any challenge, any fight. We want those two creeps in the ring, but we ain’t rushin’ into this fight unprepared. And we certainly ain’t putin’ our titles on the line just ‘cause two new faces jumped us outta nowhere.

Frye: What Robert’s saying here is, give those men a RotO contract. Let ‘em wrestle a sanctioned match, so we know what we’re up against. Then we can have our revenge and face ‘em in a match.

Howard: Then maybe, if they can bring a good fight, we can consider giving them a title shot!

mjjRZhw.jpg

QU7pAaz.jpg25UZG0h.pngbGfQcLk.jpg25UZG0h.pngccufL0i.jpg25UZG0h.pngtpx175Y.jpg
Alberto Montero vs Dovydas Vidmar vs Giovanni Bruno vs Petrov Yakovlev
There was never any doubt about how this match was going to play out, essentially a 3 on 1 handicap match of the New Breed against Vidmar. As soon as the bell rang, they all ganged up on the former RotO Champion for a beatdown, but Vidmar was prepared for it. Lacking neither the power nor the brains and experience, Vidmar actually made this an interesting fight, especially since there was no prize on the line for the winner and thus no reason for the New Breed members to argue over who would get to score the pin. Sure it was an uphill battle for the Russian competitor, but he made it seem like he had a good chance of winning it and fans bought in to his “underdog comeback” promise, which in turn made them invested in the match and quite loud in their support of Vidmar. As the match went on though, exhaustion and piling punishment began to take their toll on him. The New Breed got a breath of life back as they saw this, sensing imminent victory and circling their prey like a pack of hyenas. They began teasing him and running away from his blows in an attempt to furthermore tire him. And then, Montero finally closed in to put him in a guillotine choke that brought about the tap. Vidmar fell to the mat, a defiant but defeated warrior, as the New Breed celebrated their victory together, having taken another step forwards towards their mission statement of putting the older guard out of commission.
Winner: Alberto Montero

Show Rating
  • Like 4

Lvl 60 Multitasker

2 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

reach into his trunks and grab…

Jester must be the most well endowed wrestler ever to enter the ring f he was able to hide that in his shorts!

2 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Vidmar fell to the mat, a defiant but defeated warrior

I never thought I would have respect for Vidmar but he seems to reformed his image nicely because I was rooting for him

• Like 2
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Another great show.  On mobile again, so no quoting, but I loved the co edgy of Snowman vs Freak, and Vidmars defeat was very well played. Like white ghost I like Vidmar minus the Vodka bottle. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Current Challenge

1 hour ago, WhiteGhost said:

Jester must be the most well endowed wrestler ever to enter the ring f he was able to hide that in his shorts!

It's wrestling, we don't have to think about it too hard. Let's just pretend it was a collapsible baton :P

1 hour ago, WhiteGhost said:

I never thought I would have respect for Vidmar but he seems to reformed his image nicely because I was rooting for him

22 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Like white ghost I like Vidmar minus the Vodka bottle. 

Vidmar's story is one of a grumpy old veteran who's too boneheaded to join forces with the others, especially after he won the title, thus gets overwhelmed by the New Breed's pack tactics. The real question is, will there be redemption at the end or will he be driven out of the company for good?

• Like 3

Lvl 60 Multitasker